Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Kyd

Forgive me if I already posted a review about this movie.

Silver Linings Playbook. I've now seen it twice and it was even better the second time around. The story is simple, funny, sad, happy, and it works. The acting was very good as well. At first I wasn't sure if Jennifer Lawrence would win any award for the role, and now that I watched it a second time, it makes sense why she won a Golden Globe. Bradley Cooper is great and his performance never feels forced. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Cory

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on January 16, 2013, 02:03:14 PM
Forgive me if I already posted a review about this movie.

Silver Linings Playbook. I've now seen it twice and it was even better the second time around. The story is simple, funny, sad, happy, and it works. The acting was very good as well. At first I wasn't sure if Jennifer Lawrence would win any award for the role, and now that I watched it a second time, it makes sense why she won a Golden Globe. Bradley Cooper is great and his performance never feels forced. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

How much 'football' is in it? Its about my Eagles and I understand its a chick flick.....but could an Eagles fan enjoy it?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Cory on January 16, 2013, 02:12:07 PM
How much 'football' is in it? Its about my Eagles and I understand its a chick flick.....but could an Eagles fan enjoy it?

There is a little mention of football but not a lot. Eagles attire is worn, there is a very short tailgating scene, some Eagles score talk and that's about it.

So, seeing it just for the Eagles stuff probably isn't a good idea, but if you saw it with a girlfriend or whoever, you wouldn't be bored.

Crazy Kyd

The Impossible. Really good movie. The movie seems almost too dramatic at times, but it being based on a true story makes it extremely powerful. The acting is very good as well. I give it 4/5 stars.

Cory

Argo.

Loved it. Build up was a little slow at times, but fantastic Thriller.

4/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Cory on January 18, 2013, 10:13:14 PM
Argo.

Loved it. Build up was a little slow at times, but fantastic Thriller.

4/5

Argo came back to a theater close to me. I'm going to check it out in the next week or two probably. I'm sure I'll like it.

GM Franchise

I saw Django Unchained last night and it was great. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile. Quentin Tarrantino went back to his usual action awesomeness in this action/western. Phenomenal acting (my favorites were DiCaprio, Waltz, and Jackson), great story, and overall a solid movie.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jonny Worldbeater

Django Unchained

This movie just came out in Australia today (or at least in my area), so I went to see it and DAMN am I glad I did.

It was a gripping, brutal, captivating film and I had a blast watching it. I was cringing one minute, laughing the next, and then sitting with rapt attention the next. I also think that if you can still evoke such a visceral reaction for every scene of brutality as I did with this movie, you must be doing something right. It just goes to prove how much more involving violence can be when you actually care about what's happening.

I also have to roll my eyes a little at the reactions to the violence and language or the general 'overblown' nature of the film. IMO this movie has a lot of balls (both figuratively and literally) to put some pretty uncomfortable things on screen, and that may even extend beyond the surface qualities, and I think if some people can't handle that, it's their own problem. I'll be over here enjoying a badass movie instead.

That's just my 2 cents anyway.

Crazy Kyd

The Blair Witch Project. I bought this movie when the Borders book stores were closing down, so I got it for cheap on Blu-Ray. Now, considering the age/style of this movie, Blu-Ray isn't the way to go, but that doesn't matter to me much.

I saw this movie for the second time since I was 9 when I saw it in theaters. So, that is about 14 years ago or so, and the movie still gives me chills. This film basically set up the model for the "found footage" style movies out nowadays but the thing that made this movie so terrifying, was the use of "what can't be seen is scary." Using both color and black and white film, the movie gives two different styles, as well as suspense along the way. While the movie definitely showed its age, I still experienced all of the tense moments I did back when I first watched it, and was brave enough to watch other parts that I didn't back then. This movie will not please the newer generation of moviegoers but this movie deserves a lot of credit in my opinion. I give it 4/5 stars.

Kirk

Skyfall finally came out in China this week. Good movie, cheesy ending, not a Bond movie. They wasted one of the best Bond villains for a long time on an evil plot with no ambition. At least they seemed to be hinting that things will go back to normal now and Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for M.

I have also watched Lincoln, Les Mis and Zero Dark Thirty recently. Lincoln was well acted but boring. Les Mis was terrible in every way (except for Hugh Jackman) and the director of Zero Dark Thirty managed to suck all of the excitement out of all of the action.

Skyfall: 3/5. Lincoln: 2/5. Les Mis: 0/5. Zero Dark: 1/5

Maybe I'm just grumpy.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Kirk on January 25, 2013, 06:05:15 AM
Skyfall finally came out in China this week. Good movie, cheesy ending, not a Bond movie. They wasted one of the best Bond villains for a long time on an evil plot with no ambition. At least they seemed to be hinting that things will go back to normal now and Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for M.

I have also watched Lincoln, Les Mis and Zero Dark Thirty recently. Lincoln was well acted but boring. Les Mis was terrible in every way (except for Hugh Jackman) and the director of Zero Dark Thirty managed to suck all of the excitement out of all of the action.

Skyfall: 3/5. Lincoln: 2/5. Les Mis: 0/5. Zero Dark: 1/5

Maybe I'm just grumpy.

Les Mis, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty, are all more acquired tastes really. Bond movies are one of those movies for everyone in my opinion.

Speaking of which I need to see Skyfall.

DXFan27

Les Miserables was phenomenal, I can understand how people can hate it since it was done like a musical with mostly everything sung and did every single song from the original musical (over 50 songs).

The Impossible was heart breaking, yet empowering. It made me feel the family's pain. Overall pretty good. The only fault was that it tried its best to put over a feel good ending after the disaster, but you realize that there's probably way more people suffering still. 4/5

Tezmission Black

Warm Bodies

I found the movie enjoyable, the story itself was simple and really left nothing out.

The acting was very well done and honestly its been one of the better movies I've seen in the last couple years.

I'd give it a 3.5/5

Crazy Kyd

Side Effects. This is a good movie. The story isn't too predictable and the directing was done very well. It is mostly a mystery/drama but also has a dash of a thriller in it as well. While the whole cast was good, Rooney Mara is the standout. Besides being a main character, I don't think the movie would have worked without her. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Black Death

Here Comes the Boom

I like it , laugh my ass off ... Kevin James was great , Henry Wrinkler  was great , but in my opinion Bas Rutten steals the movie , I love ever scene that he was in. just made me laugh

great  mma fighter cameos in the movie .  Chanel Sonnen cameo was the best .  MMA fans will laugh when they see it . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"