Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Kyd

The Place Beyond the Pines. Very good movie. I felt that the second half of the movie was a lot better than the first half but the movie as a whole is very well done. It is from the director of Blue Valentine and he does a very good job at trying to keep that personal attachment that he makes you feel towards the characters. The acting was pretty good as well. Dan DeHaan is the standout actor in my opinion. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Cory

Pain & Gain. Loved it, tho not believable in some parts, was based on a crazy true story. I was very entertained throughout the whole movie and it was pretty fucking crazy.

4/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Crazy Kyd

Sinister. This is a pretty good movie. The scares are done pretty well. There are quite a few unsuspecting moments that make you jump a little bit. The story was pretty good, and not as typical as most supernatural horror movies. There were parts that make the main character look pretty dumb, but I imagine that was failure in some of the writing. The acting is pretty good. Ethan Hawke makes this movie interesting. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

! JDM The Professional !

Star Trek. I've always been a big trek head so [spoiler]KHAN WAS EPIC[/spoiler] was satisfied with this film. Very entertaining!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Crazy Kyd

The Great Gatsby. Great movie. Baz Luhrmann does a great job at making the story feel new and fresh. The cinematography was really well done. I didn't like how some moments called for rap music, as it was unnecessary. However, sometimes it worked beautifully. The other contemporary artists that were featured blended well with the moments their songs were used. The acting was really good as well. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Mike Powers

Personally, I can't stand Baz Luhrmann films.  It's a personal thing though.

Mike Powers

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on May 09, 2013, 11:28:58 AM
Star Trek. I've always been a big trek head so [spoiler]KHAN WAS EPIC[/spoiler] was satisfied with this film. Very entertaining!

How did you see it so early?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on May 12, 2013, 07:20:13 PM
The Great Gatsby. Great movie. Baz Luhrmann does a great job at making the story feel new and fresh. The cinematography was really well done. I didn't like how some moments called for rap music, as it was unnecessary. However, sometimes it worked beautifully. The other contemporary artists that were featured blended well with the moments their songs were used. The acting was really good as well. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

I agree with this assessment. Overall it was a well done movie but I think they should've kept the rap music out of it since it doesn't mesh with the time period that movie took place in. The acting was superb and the setting was amazing. Solid overall movie.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 12, 2013, 07:23:33 PM
Personally, I can't stand Baz Luhrmann films.  It's a personal thing though.

Yeah, his style definitely isn't for everyone. The only other Baz Luhrmann film I've seen is Romeo + Juliet and it took me a couple of viewings to enjoy it.

Rob.B

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on May 09, 2013, 11:28:58 AM

This, saw it last Thursday, really enjoyed it.

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 13, 2013, 01:23:28 PM
What part of the world do you guys live in?

It opened overseas last week. It starts here on Thursday. They likely are in Australia considering, if I remember correctly, JDM is from there.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Reaper is in Northern Ireland I think. I'm in England and I plan on watching it tomorrow.

Crazy Kyd

Soeaking of Star Trek, at a theater near me for like 2-3 months they kept showing the Star Trek movie trailer from 2009. Of course, with a week or so to go before the release date they finally realized their error. haha. Big mistake.

The new one looks pretty sweet though. I'm excited for it.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on May 13, 2013, 03:34:28 PM
Soeaking of Star Trek, at a theater near me for like 2-3 months they kept showing the Star Trek movie trailer from 2009. Of course, with a week or so to go before the release date they finally realized their error. haha. Big mistake.

The new one looks pretty sweet though. I'm excited for it.

That is HILARIOUS bro. Lol