News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Kyd

V/H/S. I really liked this movie. It is a small anthology of found footage shorts. The beginning shows the main story that is told in between each of the other shorts, and they all blend pretty well together. I thought the camera effects were too choppy at first but it got better after the main story cut to the first short. I personally liked Second Honeymoon, Tape 56, Tuesday the 17th, and The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger the best out of the 6.

Each story is clever in its own way. If anyone wants to read a description with spoilers of each short, here is the wiki page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V/H/S#Tape_56.2Fframe_narrative

The acting was pretty good as well. No one was ever bad in any of the shorts. I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Hangover III not funny and a load of bollocks...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

I really liked both Star Trek: Into Darkness and Fast & Furious 6. Both were really good overall.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Crazy Kyd

The Hangover Part III. I personally liked it. It is in no way a perfect movie, but I do feel like it was a good ending for the trilogy. The movie never gets as crazy as the first two but that is also a good thing. The movie also does not follow the formula of the first two, which is a nice change. It does feel like the actors all winged it and didn't give 100%, but I also don't really blame them. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Mud. Great movie! This is a slow but enjoyable movie. There is a nice heartfelt sentimentality to the movie which packs and emotional punch at times. The acting was very good. This is the best I've seen Matthew McConaughey in quite some time. The kids did a good job as well. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Crazy Kyd

Fast & Furious 6. I haven't seen any of the other movies, so this was my first experience with the franchise. I kind of figured what to expect, and it wasn't incredible, but it wasn't bad either. The action scenes can please any moviegoer, and a lot of the stunts were pretty sweet. The dialogue was terrible, even though there were certain references that I assume were from previous movies. I think Dwayne Johnson was the standout actor because he took something out of nothing and made his character memorable. I give this movie 2 out of 5 stars.

Ty

I watched Star Trek into the darkness and I have to admit, it was completely and utterly okay. I loved the plot itself, I found that of all the big budget movies recently, the direction of this movie was outstanding. It wasn't basic formula at all. There was 3 things that bugged me immensely about the movie

1st, the entire char interactions seemed fake and thrown together. Without giving away spoilers, I found that an entire love dispute got resolved based on the fact that the one char had a bromance. Nothing got solved despite it getting decent exposure, it was just magically resolved.

2nd. We've only got (blah) number of seconds to do this. From the first scene to the last, everything was done based just a moment before a countdown expired. 7 times it felt like, they succeeded every time at the last second. Overkilled it.

3rd, [spoilers]Epic bad guy who is invincible badass... nope, Spock outsmarts him and out fights him.[/spoilers] Could have done much better

Im not a trekky by any stretch but I found this movie to be worth watching once, not worth owning.

3/5 stars

Crazy Kyd

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia. Bad movie. The very first reason why this is a bad movie is the title. Clearly, they were using the The Haunting in Connecticut title to try and sell the movie. The story was alright but nothing was done to make it scary at all. The story is supposed to be scary, and the direction does not make it so. The acting was alright but the young actress, Emily Alyn Lind was great. Granted, she could only do so much, but if you have seen her on TV shows like Revenge, and movies like Won't Back Down and J. Edgar, you can tell she has talent. The rest of the cast should have been good but nothing seemed to work. I give this movie 1 out of 5 stars.

Cory

Fast 6....incredible movie. If you went there for the dialogue its your own fault. I do think Fast 5 was a stronger movie overall....but this was one hell of a movie. over 2 hours long, sick cars, sick stunts, Rock was a badass and set up a 7th which is defiantly going to be worth seeing.

4/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on May 29, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
Fast 6....incredible movie. If you went there for the dialogue its your own fault. I do think Fast 5 was a stronger movie overall....but this was one hell of a movie. over 2 hours long, sick cars, sick stunts, Rock was a badass and set up a 7th which is defiantly going to be worth seeing.

4/5

Agreed with all of this although overall I did think it was better than Fast 5 but a lot of that was because I thought the action scenes and the story were better.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

I watched American Dreamz last night... The worst film I have ever seen, bar none.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

The Girlfriend Experience. This is probably Steven Soderbergh's weakest movie in my opinion but it is still well done. Even though it is a narrative, in some parts it feels very documentary-esque and I really liked that. I also liked the little things the director did in some scenes of the movie, such as one wine glass being fuller than the main characters' glass to allow the viewer to analyze particular emotions, meanings, etc. The acting was pretty good. At first I thought that casting Sasha Grey would be a mistake, but it worked out well in the end. It made sense to cast Sasha Grey because with her background, she didn't have to dive into a complete character. She only had to focus on the emotions and situations presented to her and I think it worked out great. Soderbergh also made her performance seem good because of various shots that made the viewer understand her character a lot more. I give this movie 2 out of 5 stars.

Ty

I know its not a movie, but been watching heroes on netflix.... wow, its absolutely amazing, best thing ive ever watched

Marq

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 07, 2013, 07:32:29 AM
I know its not a movie, but been watching heroes on netflix.... wow, its absolutely amazing, best thing ive ever watched

Good.

Stop watching after season one.

You can thank me, later.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

J-Reb

Quote from: Marq on June 07, 2013, 12:01:59 PM
Good.

Stop watching after season one.

You can thank me, later.

They completely ruined the series with season 4.

Crazy Kyd

I remember when that show was talked about constantly and then people got sick of it pretty fast. I was shocked to be honest. I've never seen the show though.

I've been watching Smallville since last year and I'm on season 5 now. The show is still great.