News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

12 Rounds 2: Reloaded, starring Randy Orton.  I said more than enough about this rubbish movie on MFX72 RAW Edition this week.  90 mins of your life you won't get back.  Although for unintentionally hilarity, there are some gems.

But seriously, don't watch this rubbish film.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

! JDM The Professional !

Inside Lewyn Davis

Brilliant film. Not the Cohen brothers best but the messages in this film are loud and clear. Was especially able to relate as I play allot of folk music. Definitely worth watching

8/10

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Cory

Lone Survivor:

Was a little too long, there was a gun fight that was like an hour long, when it could have had the same impact and only been 20 minutes, but the acting was good and story wasnt bad either. Peter Berg usually have overrated movies for me, but this one almost lived up to the hype. Was a great story to tell, the Afghan family helping the Seals and shit and if the gunfight was shorter it woulda got a higher score.

3.5/5

Rush

Now my buddy his a huge f1 fan and told me to catch this. Directed by Ron Howard its about the rivalry between James Hunt and Nikki Lauda in the 70s I think. Now as someone who isn't into racing, be it f1 or Nascar, this was a great fucking movie. The rivalry aspect can reach to all sport fans, the acting was good. It was over 2 hours long which usually Id say it hinders the movie, but it didn't feel like a 2 hr movie because it was that good.

4.5/5

Escape Plan

When I saw that this movie got a 7 on IMBD, I was kinda scratching my head and the plot seemed like meh and with Sly and Arnold, they cant really act that well. But after watching the movie it wasn't all that bad. The acting wasn't anything special, but the story was unique and creative. A quick synopsis is a dude that breaks out of prisons for a living (Sly) who also runs a prison security business in the real, gets tossed into a prison that was created by a dude reading Stallones characters books, thus making it unbreakable. Sly meets Arnold character who is a favour man in prison, yada yada, Sly has to find a way out from the prison, wont spoil anything. The ending too was pretty badass too.

3.5/5

American Hustle

Now this movie here didn't live up to the hype at all. When I had this collection of movies I was anticipating this one to be the best, had the biggest name actors, has lots of awards hype. The best way to describe this movie is flat. The story has a chance to really pick up, but it never does. The character and character development in this movie is fantastic, the acting was great, but the story was so boring and lacked excitement so much it over shadowed everything for me. There was mind fucks that were too predictable (the ending) and I was left very disappointed.

2.5/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Wolf of Wall Street

Finally watched this and it was a very good movie. I would say a little long, but I dont really know where they could shorten the movie as everything did have a place. It was a great story, had great actors, Leo high as shit on Lemmons trying to get into his Lambo was hilarious, and the shipwreck scene was excellent. Overall, lived up to the hype for me,

4.5/5

Jon

I've been on a movie watching rampage.

Her
One of the most beautiful movies I've seen this movie "season". Great performance by Joaquin Phoenix. And if you are a Scarlett Johanson fan... you'll fall in love with her all over again in this film. When Spike Jonze does a movie, he seems to do a really good job as I've enjoyed each of his films. I would highly recommend this movie to people. Although it will most likely fall short of the Oscar, it's the movie I'll probably pick out of the bunch as my favorite.     
9/10

Lone Survivor
I was highly anticipating this film... and I thought it did a great job of reenacting Operation Red Wings. I've been pretty high on Peter Berg for a while now and I knew I would come out of this film feeling a bit happy sad. Mark Wahlberg did a great job as Petty Officer First Class Marcus Luttrell. But I thought Taylor Kitsch stole the show as LT Michael Murphy.
8/10

The Wolf on Wall Street
Just watched this this last night/this morning and while long, I really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was sort of biopic until after I watched it. Leonardo is amazing in this, but also felt that it's kind of a role we've seen him be a few times before. Martin Scorsese films are always awesome, so it was not a surprise that this movie was going to be enjoyable.
7.5/10

Inside Llewyn Davis
Loved... loved... loved this film. I'm also a huge Cohen Bro. mark and even though this wasn't their best movie ever, it's right up there for me. I never heard of Oscar Issac before this film, but I will say that he is a star in the making. Despite his ability to sing, I thought he put in a good acting performance as well. If you don't like Cohen Bro. endings... then you'll probably hate this one too. Anyways, another brilliant film.
9/10

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

^^ My buddy told me to check out Her as well, gonna try to watch it early next week.

GM Franchise

American Hustle and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit are the two I'm going to see this week.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 18, 2014, 06:49:51 PM
'Her' just looks bizarre to me.

It's bizarre, but it's such a well made/written movie with fantastic acting. I was at first like... eh, it's not going to be that good. I was absolutely wrong.

Chris Shields

I've been debating on if I do or don't want to see 'Her'. It looks like a very interesting concept, a little bit strange and weird, but in a good way, but it just doesn't seem like something I could really get in to. I'm pretty sure that it's playing at the theater my brother manages, so since I can see it for free, I may.

RickRampage

Saving Mr. Banks -

Now, while I am not going to say that this movie accurately portrays Walt Disney or any of the others involved in making the movie Mary Poppins, I must say that it was a very enjoyable movie altogether. While the movie is supposed to be about the making of a Disney Classic movie, it seems to me to be much more about the author's childhood and her relationship with her father, Travers Goff, whom is played by Colin Farrell. Colin Farrell turns in, what I think is, his best performance ever. I remember leaving this film saying that he at least deserves to be talked about, if not nominated, for an Oscar for this particular role.

This movie also got me wondering, as do other historically, fact based movies, how much of it all was true. Now, I didn't get too much info, but one thing I did discover was that Disney Corp actually didn't know about this film project until late 2011. They didn't alter or change the script, and only asked that they not show Walt Disney smoking as it is part of their policy to not allow on screen smoking in any show or movie they are associated with. The producers, director, and writers were all thrilled with the fact that Disney didn't try and alter their vision. So, to me, this isn't Disney going around saying hey look at how amazing we are and how awesome Walt Disney was. To me, this was a writer's vision brought to life by a few producers and a director, and given Disney's blessing and go ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saving_Mr._Banks

I got that info in the second paragraph from here, has quotes and all.

All in all though, I give this movie a 5 out of 5.

Gates

Quote from: Chris Shields on January 18, 2014, 09:30:55 PM
I've been debating on if I do or don't want to see 'Her'. It looks like a very interesting concept, a little bit strange and weird, but in a good way, but it just doesn't seem like something I could really get in to. I'm pretty sure that it's playing at the theater my brother manages, so since I can see it for free, I may.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's an interesting, if weird, concept, though I've never been a huge fan of Phoenix. Based on the reviews here, I'm leaning toward giving it a chance.

Marq

Quote from: C.J. Gates on January 22, 2014, 03:55:11 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's an interesting, if weird, concept, though I've never been a huge fan of Phoenix. I love what the Coen brothers do, but part of me is hesitant. Or I should say was. Based on the reviews here, I'm leaning toward giving it a chance.

"Her" is actually a Spike Jonze movie.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gates

Quote from: Marq on January 22, 2014, 04:09:29 PM
"Her" is actually a Spike Jonze movie.

Hah, my bad. My friend was talking to me about Inside Llewyn Davis when I was writing this...which is another movie I am unsure if I want to see.

Jon