News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Quote from: Ian on June 05, 2010, 08:46:17 PM
Death at a Funeral

Better than what I thought. Chris Rock still cant act for shit.

How did it compare to the brit version?

I have that one on DVD.

Jonny Worldbeater

Inglourious Basterds.

Brilliant film. Great tension from start to finish to finish an a great climax. Christoph Waltz was fucking amazing.

Solid A.

Rob.B

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on June 10, 2010, 08:36:37 PM
Inglourious Basterds.

Brilliant film. Great tension from start to finish to finish an a great climax. Christoph Waltz was fucking amazing.

Solid A.

Just watched this a few days ago, Awesome film.

The Departed

A Hollywood remake that didn't suck. It was an incredible film with brilliant performances from Di Caprio, Damon and Nicholson.

A+

Sgt. Josh Underpants

11:14

Just finished watching it for the second time and I still enjoy it.  At first glance it seems like a movie that was thrown together, but if you really watch it, it shows just how connected little events are and how if even 1 tiny little thing had changed so many other things would have been different.

10/10

If you haven't seen it, I really suggest you do.  ESPECIALLY TIM since it has his favorite person ever (Patrick Swayze)
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

jagilki

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on June 13, 2010, 09:33:58 PM
11:14

Just finished watching it for the second time and I still enjoy it.  At first glance it seems like a movie that was thrown together, but if you really watch it, it shows just how connected little events are and how if even 1 tiny little thing had changed so many other things would have been different.

10/10

If you haven't seen it, I really suggest you do.  ESPECIALLY TIM since it has his favorite person ever (Patrick Swayze)

I wouldn't go that high, but it is an interesting film.

Exile

id give that one like a 6.5 it was decent but there was too many inconsistencies in the stories.

Cory

Kick Ass

Wow, really thought this was like.... a PG-13 movie. Was i wrong. It wasn't amazing, but it kept me entertained the hole way through, that little girl was excellent.

7.5/10

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob.B

Fight Club

Finally got around to watching this and I must say, incredible film. Loved it from start to finish and there was a great twist at the end.

A+

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Excaligore

Falling Down -

Brilliant film. Remember seeing years ago but only pieces and well before I was old enough to get the social context of it.

A

Rob.B

The Negotiator

Excellent performances from both Spacey and Jackson. The plot was compelling and really kept me guessing.

A

Pretty much only watched this because Kevin Spacey was in it who was excellent as usual and there was some pretty good acting from the rest of the cast, a suprisingly good watch.

B

Tim-Æ

Youth in Revolt

Not exactly what I expected but still a decent flick. Michael Cera is so type cast now its ridiculous. Of his post-Arrested Development endeavors this was midway. Not as good as Superbad, but way better than Year One. Not laugh out loud funny in many parts, but there's some snickers and awkwardness to go around.

B

Rob.B

In the Loop

Very funny film to watch. Loved the fact that the entire film just took the piss out of politicians.

B

jagilki

Defendor

It was alright.  Not exactly what I thought it would be, but fun.

Jonny Worldbeater

I recently bought a double pack of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin for the Rifftrax (for those of you unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically the same guys behind Mystery Science Theater 3000 or MST3K for short, doing running commentary tracks over a bunch of movies, new and old and basically taking the piss out of them. You can order the commentary tracks through their website: www.rifftrax.com)

Anyway, even with the commentary track tearing it to piece, I was watching Batman and Robin (I tried watching Batman Forever first but have been having trouble getting it synched up right), and yeah... Whatever you've heard about how bad this movie is, it's all that and probably a lot more.

This movie is powerfully, ridiculously, inconceivably bad. It is quite easily one of the stupidest movies I think I've ever seen in my life, and this is coming from someone who owns an Ed Wood collection.

I mean, I'm all for creative interpretation, but Jesus Christ. I can see why they said this movie killed the Batman series because in all honesty even the worst of the Silver Age comics and Adam West TV show is a more accurate portrayal of Batman than anything that can be found in this steaming pile of ass fudge.

I think if you were a film student and you wanted a point by point example of what not to do in a movie. I think there's more ham in this movie than at Christmas Dinner with Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Jerry Lewis, Nic Cage, Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman.

And the glowing neon props and costumes, flashing lights and sparks everywhere, not forgetting the 50-foot statues of naked men, giant diamonds & intricately detailed muscle suits with rubber nipples on them. You'd never guess that a gay man directed this movie, would you?

It is actually such a spectacle of awfulness that it really demands to be seen. To be perfectly honest, I think it should actually be a required viewing simply to give people a measuring stick for the nadir of film.

Needless to say, F.