Main Menu

NASCAR Thread

Started by GM Franchise, February 10, 2013, 06:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Hope everyone ends up alright.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

I hope so too. I watched this happen live and it was scary to see. 11 people are in the hospital with trauma related injuries and are stable according to the confirmed reports but I've also heard there were 18 in the hospital.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

A lot of updates going on right now. Six people were seriously injured according to CBS News and one of them was taken to surgery for head trauma. Also driver Michael Annett was hospitalized as well but he is doing fine. Cindy Boren's Twitter feed also said that it wasn't just a tire and engine that went into the stands. It was a tire/hub assemply which weighs approx. 200 pounds. NASCAR will also be making a statement in 10 minutes.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/daytona-international-speedway-crash-injures-fans/story?id=18577050
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Latest update after the press conference. 28 people were injured. 14 were treated on site and 14 were taken to local hospitals. One was in critical condition. Driver Michael Annett was sent to the hospital after complaining about chest pains. Also the race will go on tomorrow once they fix the catch fence that was damaged today by the wreck.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/stewart-wins-daytona-after-scary-last-lap-crash

GM Franchise

Updated story on ESPN including details about what was going on in the stands. One fan is in critical condition with life threatening head trauma, a 14 year old is in critical condition but does not have life threatening injuries, and then there's the story of Eddie Huckaby and his brother in the middle of the chaos.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/8978096/horrific-wreck-mars-end-daytona-nwide-race

Right when I was about to post this I got a news update on my phone and now the total number of injuries has risen to 33. This story just keeps getting worse.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_DAYTONA_NATIONWIDE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-02-23-21-27-09

GM Franchise

ESPN's article and video on Daytona 500 predictions for the race and how Danica Patrick will do.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8975207/daytona-500-roulette-wheel-daytona-nascar

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

Going to the race this weekend. SOOOOOO excited. :)

GM Franchise

Matt Kenseth won the Kobalt Tools 400 from Vegas on his birthday yesterday. I'll post a full report on the race later when I get home. :)

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9037846/matt-kenseth-celebrates-41st-birthday-las-vegas-win

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

NASCAR race ends with Logano and Hamlin wrecking each other, Hamlin being taken to the care center after a hard hit, Kyle Busch winning, and Tony Stewart trying to beat up Logano and then going on a rant of hate about Logano...yeah, best week of NASCAR all season. :)

Stewart and Logano fight at Auto Club!!

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

No penalties for Stewart or others. Six drivers were called to the hauler after the race. Just hope the next race is as exciting as this one was.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9100759/nascar-no-penalties-tony-stewart-others

GM Franchise