MFX p4p Greatest of all time [Champion Crowned Inside!]

Started by Cory, February 03, 2015, 04:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Flins.

'cos I'm lazy:

Quote from: Flins. on March 18, 2015, 03:48:14 PM
Jones should win this. No losses (proper) on his record, and in my opinion has the best CV in terms of quality of opponent beaten. His title run has been crazy: Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto (finishing all of them!), Rashad Evans, Belfort and Sonnen. He had one of the greatest fights of all time against Gustaffson, battered Glover Teixera from the clinch and out-wrestled one of the greatest amateur wrestlers to convert to MMA. His gameplan? Do what they do... better.

Jones should be the Jordan of MMA, if he had the persona of Conor McGregor he would be an absolute superstar.

I do think it is incredibly close, but that loss to Matt Serra really sits in my mind. It wasn't about ability, it was about GSP's inability to take punches at that point in his career and resulted in him tapping to strikes in a championship fight. It has always tarnished him for me as a P4P great. He has beaten some greats, and at times made it look easy against some very talented fighters. BUT he has never done to a top level fighter, what Jones did to Lyoto, Shogun, Belfort and so on. There is beating them, and then is destroying them.

GSP is the dominator. Jones is the destroyer.

Jon

Quote from: Flins. on March 18, 2015, 04:34:26 PM
'cos I'm lazy:

I do think it is incredibly close, but that loss to Matt Serra really sits in my mind. It wasn't about ability, it was about GSP's inability to take punches at that point in his career and resulted in him tapping to strikes in a championship fight. It has always tarnished him for me as a P4P great. He has beaten some greats, and at times made it look easy against some very talented fighters. BUT he has never done to a top level fighter, what Jones did to Lyoto, Shogun, Belfort and so on. There is beating them, and then is destroying them.

GSP is the dominator. Jones is the destroyer.

QFT

I would have voted Spider over Bones... but not GSP.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

TIE BREAKER!!

GSP moves on 7-6 in the closest match-up yet to win the first ever MFX p4p Title!!!

Cory

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Tritch

yeah i think silva should've won. i picked gsp, but if it was silva instead of jones i'd have picked silva.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Cory

but the roids thoooooo, plus his falling down to earth vs Weidman twice and that fight against Thales Leites.

3 strikes against him.

Flins.

There was also the performance against Maia, the way he got dominated by Sonnen. He had some great moments, but GSP and Jones have had more.

Still, it should have been Sakuraba.