News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Football Draft Sign-ups

Started by Cory, November 09, 2012, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I've been pondering this for a while now, with the previous MMA, Wrestling, Comic, and Movie drafts we've done on this board, I was wondering if people would be interested in a NFL draft game?

A few notes:

- Unlimited signups....Im thinking no less than 8 for me to bother to do this. I'll close signups when they hit a standstill.
- You will form a team: Offence: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 FB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 COLLECTIVE O-LINE // Defence Based on what formation you want to run, you'll need a minimum: 2 DE, 1 DT (2 DT is 4-3), 2 OLB, 1 MLB (2 MLB if 3-4), 2 DB, 2 Safeties, 1 K, 1 P. You will also need 1 Head Coach, 1 Offensive Co-Ordinator, 1 Defensive Co-Ordinator, & 1 Stadium.
- 24 rounds total.
- Rounds will be anything. Sometimes an open round, other times themed. I gotta make in interesting somehow.
- You'll be given 24 hours after the last pick to make yours. Im going to be somewhat strict and say: IF YOU MISS A ROUND, YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT IS COMPLETED TO MAKE-UP THE PICK. It'll punish those who are tarty and give them a lesser chance to get a better player.
- Upon completion, teams (barring even numbers) will go up against each other in a poll format. You vote based on which team you believe would win. Ultimately we will crown a "Super Bowl" winner.

So with all this being said, I'm open to any suggestions, and lets go.

Sign-ups:
1. Cory
2. DnK
3. Hondo
4. JustinP
5. Franchise
6. Midas
7. Powers
8. T-Bone
9. Lucha
10. Rebel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Midas

In and I assume we can draft any player from any era right?

Cory

Quote from: Midas on November 09, 2012, 04:57:53 PM
In and I assume we can draft any player from any era right?

More to come about the draft when we get our 8 (or more). But in short, there will be "any era" rounds.

Mike Powers

T-Bonizzle

Cory

Alright we're at 8 after a day.....I'll leave it open till tomorow night, see if we can get a few more.

Cory

Ill leave it open for a few more hours, and if not, 8 will work just fine.

¿PapaPancho?

Cory

Alright, not sure how it'll work with 9, so with the board maintenance starting before the draft would finish I'll postpone this until we're relocated.

Until then how do you guys purpose we do the voting for a 9 team draft? I was going to do a tournament style, "Team A vs Team B", and you guys would vote which team "wins" and move on to eventually play in the superbowl.

I think the best way to do this is once the draft is complete, we do a vote where you guys vote for the 8 teams to be seeded into the playoffs. The team that receives the least amount of votes won't make it into the playoffs, and then we continue into a 8 man seeded tournament to determine the eventual winner.

Fair?

J-Reb

Cory

No way, you're in. We'll lock it up now, and determine how we should do the voting.

Suggest away!