News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #11: Smith v/s Kaepernick

Started by Cory, November 23, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

I might be going against the grain here... but NO, is my answer.

Here is why...

Alex Smith is the type of QB that won't flash you with his play. Hell, he'd even admit it's mediocre at best. But he gets the job done. He sold me during the game against the Saints last year in the playoffs. He can be clutch. He knows what it takes to win games. He has the experience. He's was having another good season.

I understand the upside with Kaepernick. I admit, he looked good against the Bears on Monday night. But did he sell me that he'd be a better option then Alex Smith, absolutely not.

In my opinion, why fix what ain't broke?

In all honesty though, I hope Kaepernick does well. I liked him when he was at Nevada. But I didn't like the mid-season QB switch for no reason.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

My answer is yes. Kaepernick is a competitive playmaker. He is a guy who can make clutch exciting plays that motivates the team. Smith is more of a game manager. He is a Trent Dilfer type who can manage a team well especially a defensive minded team. However the way Kaepernick played I'd start him over Smith in a heartbeat.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

No. It's one game. Smith has 6 years of experience, and you can't teach that in a game.

Start Kaepernick if Smith isn't ready to come back from his concussion. Don't give him Smith's job when Smith got your team to the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade.

Mike Powers

Smith has had a raw deal for his whole NFL career. A different coordinator for something like 6 seasons in a row? He finally starts living up to his potential, and he STILL can't get respect.

Why put a rift in the locker room during a potential Super Bowl run? Hell, the only reason they didn't make it last year, was due to special teams blunders.

Marq

Gotta stick with Smith.

As a Bay Area native and lifelong Niners fan, it's been ROUGH watching Alex struggle with all the changes the team was going through, season after season. That said? Harbaugh took a guy who everyone counted out and molded him into a solid, though not spectacular, quarterback that gets the job done. I don't think we've even seen Alex at his best, yet.

On the other hand? Colin Kaepernick is the FUTURE of the 49'ers, that's clear. But he's raw, hasn't seen much in terms of "big game" time in the NFL, and has yet to perform that well in a game outside of Candlestick Park. A playmaker? Sure. A hell of a back-up? You know it. But he hasn't earned the starter position yet (with a healthy Alex Smith, that is), and can stand to be our secret weapon he's been so far 'til at least the rest of the season.

This week against the Saints? Who knows. If Alex isn't ready, then let's get Colin out there to answer some of the Niners faithful's most burning questions. But c'mon -- let's not give Alex's job away, full-stop, 'cause the guy got a concussion and the back-up had a great game at home.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Cory

I donno, I said yes and roll with Kaepernick. Not for the whole season, but hes on a hot streak and why rush Smith back in from a concussion when your future guy is playing very well.

GM Franchise

Smith isn't the greatest option out there but Kaepernick is a playmaker. The guy brings excitement to the team and that is the reason why I say roll with him. The team has momentum and they can keep it going. If they beat the Saints on Sunday with Kaepernick they can have it go on for the rest of the season. It could be like the late season rampage the Giants went on last season. I say go with it until the momentum stops.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quite frankly with that defense and that rushing game with that offensive line, Alex K probably could be ok behind centre.

Harbaugh is a bit of a cock in all honesty, he was a cock when he was in Chicago and for those who werent old enough to remember was heavily involved in a QB controversy when he was a player in Chicago with Mike Tomzack...effectively on who would be Jim McMahon and the post Superbowl Champions successor.

I can see an upside to Kaper, but I can also see that he has a bit of the Vick or a bit of the Newton about it. Great upside, great potential to make things happen with his feet or do something special, but something special...does that win Championships? I dont think it does...consistency does.

Given the result with New Orleans it seems to me they are rolling with Kaper and personally think this is major PR mistake for Harbaugh.

Your team is one of the best in the NFC, Smith has been pretty solid this season and GOT you to this record. If you go the whole way with Kaper, the only question which rings is 'could Smith have done it as well?' if you DONT go the whole way with Kaper then people will view it as an almighty mistake to have dumped Smith who's career with the 49ers is now effectively over. Harbaugh doesn't win either way.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mike Powers

It's official.  Smith is out and Kaepernick is in for the rest of the season.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!

[/Orton]

GM Franchise

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on November 23, 2012, 01:18:21 PM
My answer is yes. Kaepernick is a competitive playmaker. He is a guy who can make clutch exciting plays that motivates the team. Smith is more of a game manager. He is a Trent Dilfer type who can manage a team well especially a defensive minded team. However the way Kaepernick played I'd start him over Smith in a heartbeat.

Russell Wilson is nothing more than a game manager but you drool over him.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on November 29, 2012, 07:04:56 PM
Russell Wilson is nothing more than a game manager but you drool over him.

A game manager? Are you kidding me? Lol PLEASE tell me this is a joke.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlights-Russell-Wilson/3cfdd280-658e-4a84-b04d-6691b15e3dee

I rest my case. This is just one game against the Dolphins. Game manager my ass. Why the hell are you talking about Russell Wilson when this is about Kaepernick and Smith? Seems like a weak way of turning the debate into being about something else.

Cory

Wilson HAS been the most impressive QB all things considered (since we EXPECTED Luck and RG3 to be good).....but hes not the second coming of christ James lol.

I like the guy, lots of adversity and probably works harder than any other rookie QB because of his size and limited weapons, but he'll have 3-4 good years and then be the next Seanca Wallace......Im calling it.

T-Bonizzle

The rumblings are coming....

They are saying....

Alex....

Smith...

Alex!

Smith!