NFL Debate #11: Smith v/s Kaepernick

Started by Cory, November 23, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Alex Smith needs to get back into the starting role. The guy is a winner.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

They both did equally bad against the Rams. They should maybe do a two quarterback system and really throw everyone off.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 02, 2012, 11:24:11 PM
They both did equally bad against the Rams. They should maybe do a two quarterback system and really throw everyone off.

Kaepernick tied the Rams the first time too.

Smith got his concussion in that game early in the 2nd Quarter.

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 02, 2012, 11:24:11 PM

*shakes head*

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

Split QB formation!

Both QBs stand in an offset Shotgun, and the Center decides who to snap the ball to, and then they run a play based on that.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on December 02, 2012, 11:32:17 PM
Kaepernick tied the Rams the first time too.

Smith got his concussion in that game early in the 2nd Quarter.

Yeah but who was the starter that game? Smith.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 03, 2012, 12:02:59 AM
Yeah but who was the starter that game? Smith.

Who went 7/8 passing for 100+ yards and a touchdown.

With Smith, the Niners have a far greater chance at winning games. Keep bringing Kaepernick in at the wildcat and use him in situational type stuff. He is a playmaker... but Smith is the better, more clutch QB.

With a healthy Smith in at QB, they beat the Rams both times.

Cory

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves..... Alex Smith is still a very average QB.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on December 03, 2012, 12:06:57 AM
Who went 7/8 passing for 100+ yards and a touchdown.

With Smith, the Niners have a far greater chance at winning games. Keep bringing Kaepernick in at the wildcat and use him in situational type stuff. He is a playmaker... but Smith is the better, more clutch QB.

With a healthy Smith in at QB, they beat the Rams both times.

So you're saying an average QB with a marginal skillset that has not proven to be clutch AT ALL is the better option? Please. NFC Championship game anyone?

Mike Powers

Without 2 special team fumbles, they win that game easy.

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 03, 2012, 12:31:50 AM
So you're saying an average QB with a marginal skillset that has not proven to be clutch AT ALL is the better option? Please. NFC Championship game anyone?

Alex Smith was not the reason they lost that game.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on December 03, 2012, 08:51:24 AM
Alex Smith was not the reason they lost that game.

If he was as great as you guys are acting like he is then they would've won, fumbles or not. He had two touchdown passes in that game but overall Eli played a far superior game than he did and that is why the Niners lost in the end.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 03, 2012, 11:13:43 AM
If he was as great as you guys are acting like he is then they would've won, fumbles or not. He had two touchdown passes in that game but overall Eli played a far superior game than he did and that is why the Niners lost in the end.

I agree that Eli played a better overall game then Alex Smth, but that isn't the debate. I think Eli is better than Smth. Smith didn't play that bad in that game though.

However, I think Smith is better than Kaepernick.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on December 03, 2012, 12:09:33 PM
I agree that Eli played a better overall game then Alex Smth, but that isn't the debate. I think Eli is better than Smth. Smith didn't play that bad in that game though.

However, I think Smith is better than Kaepernick.

Minus his 70 yard first quarter touchdown to Vernon Davis and he played a horrible game with barely over 100 passing yards.

I think Kaepernick is better.

Doug E Fresh

I know this is all opinion based, but I doubt little Nicky would have given them a chance to win the NFC championship against THAT Giants team. They were too good for anyone. Eli is better than both but that game isn't reason alone to base whether Smith or Kaeper is better.