News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Ewwwwww...and yes, that's how it works from now on!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: jagilki on September 21, 2012, 08:46:19 PM
So, underpants color = what brand you GM?

So Cap'n Josh is the NXT GM after a hard night of drinking?

With Captain Josh he just wears a girl's thong...after all she might need a spare one when she's out banging some other guy.

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Did you guys notice the improved audio quality on this show?  Did a bit of magic on the audio files and it seemed to turn out well.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

Alex Kback says FEED ME MORE MFX!

Great stuff as always, fellas.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Jonny Worldbeater

Been listening to the latest episode. Good stuff as always.

I'm around the part of the show discussing Wade Barrett's finisher, which is basically just Nigel McGuinness' old Cobra Clutch Lariat but with an elbow smash instead.

I don't mind it actually, and I think it's a damn sight better than his old 'cruiserweight transitional move to set up some big aerial spot', but I've been trying to think up some alternative.

First, and most basic I think would just be the old Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich Discus Punch, but I thought that was a little too basic.

Then I was thinking about this one move Naomichi Marufuji does where he suplexes a guy into a superkick, as seen here:

Vertical Suplex Flash Kick

I wouldn't expect Barrett to do a superkick out of it obviously, but you could easily modify it to do a European Uppercut or just a straight up punch in the face.

But I kind of like the way a simple move just gets that little bit more impact with a rotation, and of course I always dig innovation, so I´ve come up with a pretty snazzy little idea for a move myself.

I´m assuming you´re all familiar with the Tiger Spin, and if not, here´s an example:

Tiger Spin

Basically, the way this move works is, you take the first transition from the headlock in that move, float around into a hammerlock, twist around into a position kind of like for Kofi Kingston's SOS, then while still controlling the outside arm continue to spin around from there and in one smooth motion discus punch the opponent in the side of the head.

It's reasonably simple enough to do but requires just enough speed and coordination for it to be impressive, it would have a constant controlling element and appear disorienting for the opponent as the attacker basically loops them, would be a throwback to the classic European-style wrestlers, would turn a simple headlock into an instant threat since you'd never know at what point it can be transitioned into, and gives a lot more added momentum to make something so simple and basic as a punch in the face look devastating enough to be a believable finish.

Duckman

I'd go with any of them but WWE really fucked it with the name The Souvenir.  Such a sucky ass name and it doesn't even make sense.  It's something for the guy to take with him to remember Barrett by...surely being KOed to FUCK would mean you wouldn't remember?  Or maybe I'm over thinking this.

Either way I still think a KO type move for a finisher is a good idea for Barrett.  It just sucks for Kassius Ohno in NXT because that's kinda his whole gimmick!

Cheers for listening JB and glad to hear you're enjoying MFX.

I can't wait to get it back on air when Ian gets out of that Atlanta prison some time around 2015.

Peace

Duckman

Jennifer

Well, I was more thinking - they remember the fact that he knocked them the hell out. I mean, you don't forget getting smashed in the face that hard, right?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Drama Queen

First of all +1 for Mr. Worldbeater, always love reading his insights.

Now about the podcast... my interest in WWE and TNA is waning so much that if it wasn't for your highly entertaining presentation I just simply would not give a crap at this point.

However ages ago you guys also used to cover Indy (at least in one or two shows, the one where you reviewed ROH's ppv for example) and I really enjoyed this because Sam was the expert and the passionate one about it so could really stress what impressed him and what disappointed him, but Ian was the newbie to it all, the one people like me could relate to and get an idea of how it would come across to us if we were to give it a chance. You guys made the perfect team for covering it, and I will admit I lost interest in listening to the Indy stuff after it got shifted to the Indy corner Though I did enjoy the interviews). Sam and Ian were better at getting new people interested in Indy wrestling because of the dynamics.

So I wonder if you would consider alotting some time again to that. I understand that there is a certain network now and you don't all want to be treading on each others toes, but just to let you I for one would love to hear it.

Duckman

Alright bitches, listen up. You thought MFX was the single most entertaining and bad ass wrestling podcast BEFORE we went on holiday? Just wait until you hear us when we come back....NEXT WEEK!! That's right, MFX is BACK!

TNA Bound for Glory review. Monday Night Raw review. PLUS - CM Punk slaps the wrong nerd, Hulk Hogan's sex tape, Raw ratings tank, Vince is back on TV - holy shit Sir Ian Trumps has got a lot to catch up with!

MFX is back next week and if that doesn't get your undergarments moist, we don't know what will. MFX makes it's triumphant return! Call your Mommas and tell your friends. MFX is back, get ready to unleash your inner snark!

Duckman

EFK - the wait is finally over!  Your weekly dose of wrestling podcast hilarity has returned!  That’s right folks, MFX is BACK and we’re better than ever!  You didn’t think it was possible for MFX to get any more entertaining than it already was?  Just wait till you hear this show!  Sir Ian is back from three weeks in the US and that means MFX 21 is here for your listening pleasure.

We come crashing back into your lives with a show so entertaining and so insightful, that the UN are considering sanctions against us because we make all those other wrestling podcasts out there look bad.  But that’s not going to stop us!

Duckman and Sir Ian bring you the most entertaining review of TNA Bound for Glory you will find anywhere on these here interwebs.  We cover all the matches, all the angles, all the run-ins, all the disappointing reveals and all the wrong winners of great matches.  Of course it wouldn’t be a MFX review without some jokes and thanks to TNA’s weird booking and Hulk Hogan being a walking joke, we’re sure you’ll have plenty of fun with our look at the show.  Plus we discuss your thoughts on the show and as always they’re awesome!

We wrap up the show with a look at WWE Monday Night Raw and The Rise of Ryback.  You know how these things go â€" it’s a three hour Raw with about an hour of decent content.  So expect tangents to be traversed and laughs aplenty.  We also discuss just how the heck WWE are going to come up with a finish for the Punk v Ryback match at Hell in the Cell.  As always the MFX Galaxy shares their thoughts on the highs and lows of the show.

So three weeks of hell is over.  MFX rocks back with a show that is stacked full of childish nonsense, great wrestling discussion and more entertainment than it’s legal to consume in one sitting.  The week in wrestling has never sounded so damn entertaining!

As always thanks for listening and be sure to get involved with next week’s show through all the usual channels.  Cheers!

http://goo.gl/5L1ij

Jonny Worldbeater

Listening now.

I presume they have some damn good coffee at Twin Peaks. And damn good cherry pie.

Duckman

In spades brother!  And a horse dancing in the moonlight with a guy.

Homer:  "Brilliant.  Hehehe  I have absolutely no idea what's going on."

Let us know what you thought of the show man.  The same goes for anyone else on EFK who listens to the show.  How'd our comeback go? 

Peace

Duckman

Strike

A triumphant comeback it was, gents. Awesome form, Ian's stories had me in stitches, BFG sounded terrible/forgettable and RAW could have been better in some spots while it was good in others. Looking forward to getting you two back in a weekly basis now.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think Duckman and me should be proud of this post...seems we got a lot of people seeing what we are doing. If I am completely wrong about this being awesome, let me bask in some glory for a bit...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Goldferg

Great show as always guys. The random BS at the begunning was utterly hillarious and probabloy my favourite bit of the show until I got a kudos for passing on the Brock/Punk/Cena/Ryback theory I heard (much as I wish I'd come up with it myself, afraid i can't take the credit for this one).

But speaking of the above and how I'd do such a thing, if it actually happened, I have a question for you guys. Specifically 'If you were to use the Punk-Heyman-Brock link to form a new stable, ala a new 'Dangerous Alliance', who else would you put in it'?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.