MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

BamBamBunglow

Bastard, that made me spray coffee all over the table.

ToneCold

and lo, Bam Bam Bungalow begins a TryHardian streak that might just end up as legendary as the Undertaker's WrestleMania one... but who will be his Brock Lesnar?
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Folks can you hit Twitter retweet some stuff Duckman and me are tweeting and mark out for #mfx112

We need your support tonight!!!!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Hey folks, MFX112 will be posted tonight. 

If you're on Twitter, be sure to use the #mfx112 - and RT every damn tweet we fire up about the show.  We're looking to get an increased presence on social media and you guys can really help with that.

Also, if anyone reading this runs any of the 'character' accounts on Twitter, can you PM me here and let me know which accounts you run.  I know a lot of them don't get used any more, so we're looking to tidy things up.

In particular we want to get in touch with the people who run the following accounts:

Try Hard Ruler
Nick Farage

Cheers.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

I don't have twitter, but just for you glorious bastards, I may have to get myself a twitter machine...

And Tone - no one's allowed to break it until I get to at least 21. Then Rhysner will beat me and the internet will cry.

Duckman

MFX112 – Sign-gate: The Wrestling Show.

The podcast that doesn't need The Rock to get it over is back for another week of chaos, confusion and cock jokes.  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the week on this weird planet we live on.  On the show this week...

Sir Ian has an update on Celebrity Big Brother and gives his pick for the Superbowl – which was wrong!

Duckman and his buddy Steveo go to the IMPACT Wrestling TV taping in Glasgow, have a riot of a good time, meet some wrestlers and get stupidly drunk!

There's loads of wrestling chat this week.  There's the Royal Rumble, there's chat about Roman Reigns and WWE in general.  Plus a great discussion about the UK wrestling scene and whether or not ICW or another UK promotion could get on TV on a regular basis.

Plus there's talk about movies, sports, crazy news stories of the week and of course the lads award another Try Hard Ruler of the Week, as nominated by you guys!

As always, thanks for listening.  Join the forums, buy some merch and shill this show like you've never shilled before!

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=587 DOWNLOAD OR STREAM. OR SUBSCRIBE VIA ITUNES OR STITCHER, JUST SEARCH: MARKS FOR XCELLENCE

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

THE GLASWEGIAN SCREWJOB!

EARL HEBNER HOBBLES UP THE RAMP AND INTO THE WAITING CAR BACKSTAGE (possibly to the Shields music)! BAM BAM LOOKS SHOCKED, GETS UP AND SPITS ON SIR IAN! BAM BAM HAS BEEN SCREWED OUT OF THE TITLE! THE STREAK IS BROKEN!

HE SPELLS OUT "WCW" IN THE AIR WITH HIS FINGER! THE CROWD ARE BEGINNING TO TURN! DUCKMAN GRABS THE RULER AND STORMS BACKSTAGE SELLING INDIGNATION (but was in on it all along)! #JusticeForBamBam TRENDS WORLDWIDE!

Oh, I won? Erm...

THREE AND OH! THE STREAK LIVES! THE STREAK LIVES! BY GAWD HE DID IT!

Yup, slow day at work ;) I almost ruptured myself giggling at the show today. Good job lads :)

Goldferg

Did the sippy cup beer galsses come in the new 2 pint cup size (as is seeming to become the new gig standard)? Because that would complete the experience of being an alcoholic 2 year old
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

Hey guys, be sure to really push the show on Twitter and anywhere else you can. The only way we can grow the MFX galaxy is with your help. So RT the links, tell your friends about us and help spread the word of MFX. Cheers!

FXBlade

Just got done listening to #112...

And I'll be honest, it's the first show I have listened to fully in a while. I download them but don't always listen in full. So while a day of housework ensued, what better thing to listen to in the background!

I hate to say it, but you hit the supermarket staff/ checkout staff on the head. I work in a supermarket as a department manager, and to quote the wire "where don't you want to go?" Checkouts would be that place.  It is the department everyone hates, and the self scan is the nemesis of the operation!

Some good insight into your thoughts on the wrestling uk promotions, does the wrestling channel still exist on sky to or did that fizzle out?  Either way, it's calling out for a channel to take control, either on sky, or something like "pick tv" which is across both sky and freeview, and could wrestling could easily replace some of the mundane programmes it shows

Great listen, and off to finish some of the last ones that I downloaded, definitely gonna fit it into my Wednesday schedule!

#gradosMum

The last 10 minutes, wasn't sure it was the same person duckman!

Drama Queen

Very enjoyable. Really glad you gave Dorling a shout out, hope he hears it, I'm still really inspired by his post.

Very interesting about rangers. But yeah you're right, it's boring for Celtic fans not having an arch-nemesis. What's the point of winning the Scottish league if it doesn't break the hearts of Protestants?  ;D

Duckman

Alright troops, we're recording MFX113 Sunday evening, 7pm UK time. So you know what that means - time to send in some topics for discussion, questions, feedback, abuse, whatever. Leave 'em here, or send us an email. Same for Try Hard Ruler nominations, but please email those. Send them in to mfx.show@gmail.com thanks!

BamBamBunglow

Ireland/Italy half time - email being composed!

Duckman

MFX113 – Cyberdildonics.

Time for another ridiculously great episode of MFX!  Join your heroes Duckman and Sir Ian Trumps as they traverse the past week in the weird and wonderful world we live in.  On the show this week...

The lads discuss poker strategy and Sir Ian makes online poker players cry.  They discuss the Superbowl and Sir Ian costing Duckman money.  Celebrity Big Brother wraps up but thankfully a new reality show called 10,000 BC has started and it sounds amazing!  A special guest joins the show to talk the Lucy Beale murder investigation from Eastenders.

There's a chat about drugs cheats in sports which turns into one of those awesome, in-depth and insightful MFX discussions about life, love and the human condition.  Plus the lads go back in time and bollock their younger selves for being so dumb.

Duckman reviews Triple H on the Steve Austin podcast and marks out like a little bitch over NXT.

Plus the weirdest news stories of the week are covered and once again a Try Hard Ruler of the Week Award is nominated by you guys...and this week is one of the best contests yet.  We've said this before, but this time we mean it; this really is one of the most fun shows we've ever done!

As always, thanks for listening.  Be sure to join the forums, buy some merch and shill this show like you've never shilled before!

GET THE SHOW HERE: http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=590 – download and stream.  Or subscribe via ITunes, Stitcher and IOS Podcast App, just search: Marks for Xcellence