Winter Olympics Thread

Started by GM Franchise, February 05, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gates

Quote from: Jon on February 07, 2014, 05:52:48 PM
My two favorite events is Curling and Ice Hockey. So looking forward to those, but I'll have NBC running most of the Olympics and will catch some of the other events as they come on too.

You must be Canadian...

I always prefer the winter games to the summer ones. Might be because, based on the programming, there just isn't anything to get excited about with Canada in summer. Usually hockey and curling are the big ones, but I'll have my eyes on 4 man bobsled. A guy I went to high school with is on the mens team.

Jon

Quote from: C.J. Gates on February 07, 2014, 09:40:35 PM
You must be Canadian...

I always prefer the winter games to the summer ones. Might be because, based on the programming, there just isn't anything to get excited about with Canada in summer. Usually hockey and curling are the big ones, but I'll have my eyes on 4 man bobsled. A guy I went to high school with is on the mens team.

Nope, American... but Swedish heritage. So I have fun rooting for Sweden. Can't quite do that in the Summer Games. Plus, I am just a big hockey fan... so I love Olympics Hockey.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

SC Not Top Ten ‏@SCNotTopTen  1m
Suddenly very interested in Canadian speed skating

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Doug E Fresh

Black Death

this is one long ass opening ceremony... it the time of this post ... 3 hours and 30 mins long

damn!
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Hondo

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 07, 2014, 10:04:53 PM
SC Not Top Ten ‏@SCNotTopTen  1m
Suddenly very interested in Canadian speed skating

I hereby retract every bad thing I ever said about the Olympics.

Let the games begin!

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Sgt. Josh Underpants

U.S.A U.S.A U oooohhhhh Canada
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

T-Bonizzle

There's not a more perfect sport then women's figure skating.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Cory

Nice womans hockey game there fellas

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on February 20, 2014, 07:26:59 PM
Nice womans hockey game there fellas

USA choked the game away. Was very disappointed in the end result after dominating for 57 min. And then we missed that empty netter to seal it, only to have the Canadians tie it right afterwards.

Just fucking heartbreaking loss for the girls. They deserved to win that game, but just wasn't meant to be today.

Cory

Quote from: Jon on February 20, 2014, 07:43:19 PM
USA choked the game away. Was very disappointed in the end result after dominating for 57 min. And then we missed that empty netter to seal it, only to have the Canadians tie it right afterwards.

Just fucking heartbreaking loss for the girls. They deserved to win that game, but just wasn't meant to be today.

Literally watched the last 2 minutes of OT...but my class got hype when it happened. Maybe good karma for how badly Canada gets fucked over against USA in Womens soccer consistently.

...but please beat our mens team....cant stand them.....Latvia deserved that last game.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

If the same thing happens to the men's hockey team that happened to the women today, I'll have to shave my beard.

Beard bets.