News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on October 03, 2015, 05:31:16 AM
Not at the moment, it wont be official till 2016 basically as some other things need to happen as well. I had a promotion before we went away to the sort of top of where I can be without being a director. To get that job title at my age for the size of company I work for in the UK, its really my ticket if you know what I mean to moving abroad or something in the future.

Recruiting? ;) I'm well paid, but there's not such thing as "Paid enough" in this world ;)

Duckman

I'm going to be an uncle again!!  Mart and Jura are expecting their second baby in March next year.  Looks like it's a girl.

Given the utterly horrible last couple of years my brother has had, this is the best news our family (and him in particular) have had in a long, long time.  With the treatment he's on after having the tumour removed, they didn't think they'd be able to have another kid - so this is a real blessing.

Just nice for something positive to happen to a guy that really deserves it.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Duckman on October 15, 2015, 08:08:51 AM
I'm going to be an uncle again!!  Mart and Jura are expecting their second baby in March next year.  Looks like it's a girl.

Given the utterly horrible last couple of years my brother has had, this is the best news our family (and him in particular) have had in a long, long time.  With the treatment he's on after having the tumour removed, they didn't think they'd be able to have another kid - so this is a real blessing.

Fucking epic mate! Just don't throw your back out chucking this one around ;)

Today has been the Day of Days in regards to my Japan trip. Went to see Mount Sakurajima (active Volcano 20 miles from where we're staying). Got 2 km away and the bastard erupted! It was bizarrely frightening and fucking beautiful all at the same time.

Followed this up with a trip to the hot springs and soaked in vaguely sulphuric volcano heated water. Just sort of lay there in a doze as the water took away all me aches n pains.

Have now topped the day with all you can eat & drink Korean BBQ (I've eaten the equivalent of; 2 steaks, a rack of ribs, three pork chops, half a pigs tongue, 8 scallops, 4 shrimp and three chickean breasts all braized at the table - washed down with 8 pints of Asahi).

Today has been the best day of the best vacation Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Dorling

Quote from: Duckman on October 15, 2015, 08:08:51 AM

Awesome news Sambo! Really happy for your family mate.

Adam Wrong

Got my promotion after less than 5 months in the company.

Senior management bitches!

Alex Smiley

Got a couple things here:

- The audio/visual job I had the past couple summers has given me some new opportunities lately. I worked a weekend last month, and will be working this coming weekend too.

- Had a job interview this past Friday for a potential seasonal position. Hoping that proves fruitful.

- I started working with a local wrestling promoter on a 30 second TV spot to help promote upcoming shows. We've had a lot of progress, and we're already discussing ideas for future projects...including some sort of weekly TV show. It's all early doors, so nothing I can give too much detail on just yet. But, things are definitely looking good.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

BamBamBunglow

Good Stuff Mr. Smiley! Hope you got a response from the interview :)

Have just got home from Japan after 38 hours awake/26 hours travelling. Had possibly the best holiday of my life. Now I've got around 14 hours of wrestling, 5 hours of TV and 6 rugby matches to catch up with :D

Drama Queen

New York City marathon tomorrow. Pretty psyched. It's my fourth marathon, but it's New York. 60,000 runners this year I believe, making it the largest marathon on record.

It's a city where I've shared great memories with my kid and it's a city that has made me feel like the loneliest person on earth. And tomorrow I'm going to run 26.2 miles through all five of it's boroughs with 59,999 other people and who knows how many thousands cheering. It's probably going to be a tad emotional.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested in tracking my bib# is 19397. My start time is 10:15 EST (clocks go back tonight)

Justin

Quote from: Drama Queen on October 31, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
New York City marathon tomorrow. Pretty psyched. It's my fourth marathon, but it's New York. 60,000 runners this year I believe, making it the largest marathon on record.

It's a city where I've shared great memories with my kid and it's a city that has made me feel like the loneliest person on earth. And tomorrow I'm going to run 26.2 miles through all five of it's boroughs with 59,999 other people and who knows how many thousands cheering. It's probably going to be a tad emotional.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested in tracking my bib# is 19397. My start time is 10:15 EST (clocks go back tonight)

Good luck bro!

jagilki

Tomorrow I go to get my leg.

Last week I walked a bit in a mock up of the final product (to test fit and such, kind of like trying on shoes) so I already know balance is going to take a little while.

From what I understand it'll go walking with a walker for a while, maybe crutches, then probably a cane then maybe nothing.

Drama Queen

Quote from: jagilki on November 03, 2015, 10:28:18 PM
Tomorrow I go to get my leg.

Last week I walked a bit in a mock up of the final product (to test fit and such, kind of like trying on shoes) so I already know balance is going to take a little while.

From what I understand it'll go walking with a walker for a while, maybe crutches, then probably a cane then maybe nothing.

First of all, it's awesome to see you post anything, haven't heard from you in awhile, was starting to get worried. And secondly, this is truly exciting news. That's an understatement, obviously. I don't really have words, I am just truly excited for you.

jagilki

Quote from: Drama Queen on November 03, 2015, 10:40:38 PM
First of all, it's awesome to see you post anything, haven't heard from you in awhile, was starting to get worried.

Sorry for that, I've just kind of had things going on that made posting further and further down the list.

However, I've been in the chat room almost every single day.

Drama Queen

Quote from: jagilki on November 03, 2015, 10:53:04 PM
Sorry for that, I've just kind of had things going on that made posting further and further down the list.

However, I've been in the chat room almost every single day.

Ha! I must try and remember that we have one of those ;D

T-Bonizzle

jagilki