Wrestling is slowly dying.

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, October 05, 2012, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

That's my whole point, Hondo. Sandow evolved the gimmick and took it to the next level. They need to do the same with Wyatt. However they do need to get some original ideas for once. However in that respect they need to go back to 2 hours on RAW. That's an old idea that worked. That's the first step in the right direction right there.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

The only new idea in (mainstream) pro wrestling would be an openly gay babyface, where their homosexuality wasn't the focus of everything. Other than that, I got nothing.

Alex Smiley

The only thing that isn't dying is death.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

Is the fact that Daniel Bryan was a vegan the focus of the character? Was the act that Miz was on a reality show the focus of his character? How about Jeff Hardy being an artist? It's an aspect of a fully developed character. Same as an openly gay wrestler would be.

When the sexuality is the focus, you get Billy/Chuck or Orlando Jordan.

Snap

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 07, 2012, 12:28:39 AM
Is the fact that Daniel Bryan was a vegan the focus of the character?

They tried, when he began his heel turn, but it ultimately got pushed to the side. CM Punk being straight edge was a huge part of his character for a time, most recently with the Straight Edge Society and the whole "CM Drunk" storyline with Jericho.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Alex K on October 06, 2012, 11:50:08 PM
The only thing that isn't dying is death.

Uh-oh. Alex is philosophizing now.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on October 07, 2012, 01:38:45 AM
I would say a lot of those things were just who they are and less who their character is. (though, that may be the whole point you're making!

Bingo!