News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Randy Moss

Started by Mark Mania, September 13, 2010, 07:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Mania

On behalf of New England....shut up.

I get it, you want a new contract/you don't understand where you are, but seriously, let it be man. Shut up, catch the ball, and then get on celebrity rehab in 10 years.

Mark Mania

I'm sorry Randy. I take back all that I said about you. I love you.

Mark Mania

Nevermind. Go fuck yourself you shit head.

Fnord

BACK ON THE VIKINGS!  W00T!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mark Mania

What the fuck is wrong with you Randy Moss? Seek help bro.

Fnord

WOW!  They freakin' released him!  Hot free agent available in the NFL!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Gates

Quote from: Fnord on November 02, 2010, 09:58:20 AM
WOW!  They freakin' released him!  Hot free agent available in the NFL!

I don't know about that...

He's not the same Moss that he used to be. The Pats felt he was useless with Tom Brady, he went to Minnesota with Favre and was useless (I assume they feel he's useless). I'm not sure if many team want that kind of attitude/ego on their roster, especially if they're young and rebuilding...

Cory

Im thinking Cheifs, Rams, or Pats get him.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gates

I doubt the Pats would get him. They just traded him away, there's no point in them taking him back, especially since they've signed Branch.

Midas

Quote from: Heath Weston on November 02, 2010, 07:40:17 PM
I doubt the Pats would get him. They just traded him away, there's no point in them taking him back, especially since they've signed Branch.

If he passes waivers then he becomes a free agent meaning any team in the league can offer him a deal up to $450,000 dollars and then Minnesota would be on the hook for the remainder of his $6 million.

Since the Pats are last on the list of Waivers then they would be crazy not to pick up Moss for $450,00 when about a month ago they would have had to pay him in the millions for the rest of the year. On top of that Moss has basically made it clear by his love fest over the pats that he would go back in a minute so if he passes waivers I suspect he will be back in a pats uniform by Sunday...

But that is a big if because I don't see all the teams saying "Fuck Randy Moss"...

Gates

So the Vikings are on the hook if he becomes a Free Agent? But if he is picked up via Waivers, that team has to pay him his owed salary?

If that's the case than yes, if he falls to the Pats they might take a chance and add him for 450K. I just don't see him going back to New England, whether thats because another team grabs him or they just don't want to take another chance at him.

Midas

On top of that look at Wes Welkers numbers...

Prior to the bye with Moss...

4 weeks 39.70 fantasy points

After the bye without Moss...

3 weeks 10.20 fantasy points

Everyone might say that Moss is not like he use to be and all that stuff but when he was with the Pats he was getting the double teams and Welker was getting free but now the Defense does not fear Branch like they fear Moss so Welker gets double teamed and numbers drop...

Hell lets look at Percy Harvin...

4 weeks 54.60 fantasy points since getting Moss

3 weeks 18.10 fantasy points before getting Moss

I mean any team that gets Moss gets a weapon regardless if he catches the ball or not because he makes the defense choose much like Basketball and all the hype behind the Miami Heat... Defenses now have to choose if they double team James, Wade or Bosh where as when these three men were on their own team they could get the double team...

Midas

Quote from: Heath Weston on November 02, 2010, 08:39:04 PM
So the Vikings are on the hook if he becomes a Free Agent? But if he is picked up via Waivers, that team has to pay him his owed salary?

If that's the case than yes, if he falls to the Pats they might take a chance and add him for 450K. I just don't see him going back to New England, whether thats because another team grabs him or they just don't want to take another chance at him.

I think they will figure it like this... We got rid of Moss and got a third rounder for him and got some money free to pick up Branch and now we can pick him back up for a hell of alot less and if we don't like his mouth after a couple weeks just release his ass and be done with him again...

But I dont see him making it pass the waivers and I personally want my Bears to pick him up...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

JAY CUTLER WANTS A NEW TOY PLEASE!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gates

I'll agree that Moss' presence takes the heat off of some of the teams receivers. But, in the case of Minnesota, they only won one game while Moss was on the team. So while it's all good that Harvin got a stat bump, the team overall cares about winning and making the playoffs.

But I think we can at least agree on the fact that he probably won't end up in New England. Whether that's because they don't want to take another stab at him (I'm still convinced if they had the waiver opportunity they wouldn't want to bring him back) or because another team already has.

If he didn't care so much about being the man, would be kinda interesting to have him go to CIncy...