News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Bruno....wow

Started by Cory, July 10, 2009, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I didn't find it funny, I though we covered this earlier in the thread. I'd much rather a Judd Apatow flick.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

FYI: Hot Fuzz was awesome.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Tim-Æ

I'm sick of people praising Judd Apatow so much. He's good, but not THAT good. you have to remember that when paired with the right cast, he can direct and write much better. But don't forget this guy also wrote such atrocities as "heavyweights" and "don't mess with zohan." He's not a god, but he's a pretty good writer.

Cory

I didnt praise him, just if I had to, I'd watch Superbad or 40 Year Old Virgin over Hot Fuzz everytime.

Fnord

Superbad I can watch anytime anywhere for the rest of my life!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

chunkylover

I didn't find either of those films funny. I have a juvenile limit of exactly half an hour.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Bradolf Pitler on July 15, 2009, 06:38:35 PM
I'm sick of people praising Judd Apatow so much. He's good, but not THAT good. you have to remember that when paired with the right cast, he can direct and write much better. But don't forget this guy also wrote such atrocities as "heavyweights" and "don't mess with zohan." He's not a god, but he's a pretty good writer.

I thought Heavyweights was a good movie. Then again, I know jack s**t about anything.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Cory

Quote from: Chunkay on July 15, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
I didn't find either of those films funny. I have a juvenile limit of exactly half an hour.

Wow...Superbad was fucking hilarious.

What about similar films (style)?

The Hangover.....maybe Step Brothers or Pineapple Express

chunkylover

Hangover was on my limit.
Haven't seen the other two

The best example I can give is

Dumb and Dumber is too stupid, I find the first 30 mins funny then just get bored and switch it off most of the time.
Stuck on You isn't as funny but is slightly less juvenile, so I can watch the whole thing pretty happily, same goes for dodgeball

Also, not overkeen on Will Farell or Adam Sandler.

Cory

I don't really like Sandler...his newer movies are awful, but maybe the new one with him & Seth Rogan might be good. But his earlier work, Happy Gilmore and Billy Maddison were pretty funny.

Will Farell is one of my favourites when he is in a more adult movie. Old School, Step Brothers, Anchorman, all classics.

jagilki

wait.

Step Brothers was a "more adult movie"..... :(

Cory

Well compared to his new one & Elf.....yes.

Fnord

Elf was awesome!  Screw you!  >:(

Goonboy

DUDE! I know I'm all late lol .. but ...

if you don't like Hot Fuzz... you can

pffffffffffffffffffffffft ... JOG ON!

mrparasyte

I saw Bruno a week ago in Boston.  I found the movie hilarious.  It was definitely one to see in theaters though.  I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but you should be able to know by watching the redband trailer whether or not it's going to be for you.

Favorite parts
-Can I kiss Milli?
-Take them off bitch!
-The line about the stars being all the "hot gay men"
-The interviews with the parents of the children
-The pilot for his show
-Straight Dave
-Talks with the gay converter (LOL at the comments about his lips)