News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt. Josh Underpants

probably should have been taking part of this myself.

After my 80 pound weight loss last year, I ended up gaining 35 of it back.   Been on a tear the last month to try and get back under the 200 pound mark.  i sit at a comfortable 195 right now and want to make it back to 185 by the end of the year.

Cut out soda nearly all the way, cut out fast food except for an occasional splurge, swapped in a salad for a regular meal to help break everything down, and went back to drinking grapefruit juice to up my metabolism
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Drama Queen

OK, I looked at things more closely and realised that I do indeed have goals, but they all appear to be long term.

Cardio: Run a marathon. The longest race I have run to date is a 10K so it's going to take me a long time to build up to this.

Strength: Build up to the maximum weight/resistance on each machine I use. Again this will be a long way down the road, I am at 70lbs on some of the machines that go to over 200!

Visual: Have a clearly defined 6-pack. This is probably the toughest goal of all because it requires more diet control than the other two! I can usually motivate myself to work-out but then it makes me hungry dammit, and fruit and good shit like that does not mentally satisfy me!

I should probably give myself some short-term goals, I will start thinking about that.

Gary

What I do DQ, to not get desperate is take it 10 pounds at a time. Essentially you are breaking your long term goal in a bunch of smaller goals. Once you lose the first 10, you tell yourself 10 more..eventually you'll look back and say wow lost a lot of weight.

Sad news to report, last night I broke down and ate a denny's cheesburger. Tasted like heaven, fucking worth it lol

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

Starting p90x tommorow, saw the first video, this shit is gonna kill me.

[/center]

Gary

I have just written out my will just in case.

[/center]

Gary

Day 1 of p90x done, not perfect but finished it..and I am alive.

[/center]

Gary

I started with the lean workout, so it was core synergetics.

[/center]

Gary

Did my first attempt at Yoga X on the p90x routine and I have to say I'm quite surprised at how I did, wasn't at all perfect, had never done Yoga before but wasn't horrible either and skipped only one routine entirely.

[/center]

Gary

Ok week 1 of p90x is done (tommorow i got the stretch video so I dont really count it) and it truly wasn't as hard as I thought, mind you I came out sweating buckets and felt like I had a great workout, some of the stuff didn't come out perfectly, but I didnt expect it too, I'm hoping by the end of the 90 weeks I can do all the reps, but I never didn't try one excercise except the dreya roll (didnt have a mat and didn't wanna risk my neck on the floor) and one of the yoga poses cause I know my balance would've failed on me, apart from that did everything else, and even felt improvement when I did ab ripper the second time. Can't wait to finish this as it truly is fun as hell.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Good work Gary, and Jack, I'm pretty sure this week has been difficult for everyone being basically "food and relaxation" themed holiday lol.

I am doing some online shopping and thinking of treating myself to some inexpensive fitness products for at home as I cannot get to the gym, sometimes for four or five days consecutively.

I am leaning mostly towards products that target core and abs, as I believe it is most important for me to do these on a daily basis, whereas I am generally happy with my lower body and my upper body seems to be developing nicely enough with the amount I get to do in the gym.

Anybody want to share what products they find useful (all products, not just abs/core, that is just my own preference) and reasonably priced?

I have resistance bands, a yoga ball, an abs wheel, a yoga mat which is essential for so many exercises, 5lb ankel/wrist wraparound weights and 5lb dumbells which I am embarrased to admit to...lol. I prefer to do heavier duty upper body work on the machines in the gym.

I am thinking of getting a wobble/balance board and I wouldn't mind an ab-roller but they are actually more expensive than I remember. There is the "Perfect Sit-Up" which is on sale at the moment, anybody any opinions on this?

http://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Quest-PPSD-Perfect-Situp/dp/B0049TEP0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322423138&sr=8-1

Gary

eat your heart out Johnny Drama, after 3 months of work, these are my calves now.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Got my hands on a loan of P90X.... going to try it out for a couple of weeks before I shell out the dough. Day one so far so good.

Gary

Now Jack is the only pussy who hasn't jumped on the p90x bandwagon. Stop filming australian commercials for gay marriage and get p90x.

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Fallen off the rails a bit with the uni football season just finished and essay deadlines meaning I don't have time to get to the gym. Hopefully after December 8th I can get back on it with less stress from work!

Gary

boom minues -53 pounds

[/center]