News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

My legs still hurt and I did it at 4 pm.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

here's my tip for ab ripper.. take a break after each routine. Also for V up roll ups and wide leg/cross leg sit ups.. I usually pause the video and do them first at my pace, then hit play and let the video roll and use that as my break. Helped me out a lot, now I only pause for v up roll ups.

[/center]

Drama Queen

I still find the scissor the hardest exercise in ab ripper... it's the only one where I have to actually drop my foot just for a second at least once in the routine!

Gary

same, i have yet to succesfully do the scissors in one go.

[/center]

Drama Queen

You know during the cool down on some of the workouts when they start that loose marching, turn, kick one way, turn, kick the other? Does anyone else do a double kick on each turn and start singing New York, New York?

No? haha, thought not. Me neither! :-[

Gary

btw, I have yet to find the rythym to the whole jump rope.

[/center]

Russ

So figured I might as well get involved in this, new year and all, have been going since about the 28th December and so far lost 11 lb on diet/walking 4/5/6 miles a day. This exercise shit works lol!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Dorling

Finally seem to be putting my back troubles behind me but taking it gradually. Have been playing five a side football on Mondays for a few months now, and supplemented that with Badminton every Thursday from the end of December.

Bought EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii 2 weeks ago and have embarked on a 9 week programme with 4 workouts per week, so I now have some prolonged physical activity 6 days out 7.

Already feeling the benefits - not so much in terms of weight which, at the moment, is still consistent around the 190lbs mark, but I do feel more energised and flexible. My back has been stiff in the mornings but after a good stretch and a bit of walking I'm ready to go again.

Jerry McClean

Just finished my January exams (and post-exams celebration >_>). So gunna get back on this now. Firstly...

Quote from: Gary on January 07, 2012, 01:40:42 AM
Posted in the Awesome List, but deserves its own post here

It was my original goal, now its whatever happens till im done with p90x

Big congrats Gary. You're certainly leading the way here. This is definitely your topic not Jack's! lol

Anyway, I have until February not doing much because that's when football starts again and its when I'm not playing football that I put on the most weight. So off to the gym tomorrow!

Gary

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on January 20, 2012, 01:08:37 AM
Fiffer Scissors is so hard!

Or Open Scissors

or Yoga Scissors...

I swear they have that move with three different names throughout P90X.

Also hate torso twist during Yoga lol

[/center]

Drama Queen

Funnily enough I can do it in the Yoga disc. Perhaps because I've already spent the previous hour flexing and stretching everything.

Dorling, the great benefit I got from EA Active is in the legs. You will probably find that too, a lot of the exercises are lunge/squat oriented. I haven't used the game in about two years but those benefits have stayed with me. Also filling in the questionaire every day makes you very conscious about your lifestyle choices. Good luck mate.

Russ, great to hear. Walking is awesome because it's so relaxing mentally also, even if you're speedwalking. Best is nature trails, any good hiking trails nearby?

Well, since my flow has been intertupted on the P90X due to a stomach virus last week, I have decided to take a break from it for now and to vary my exercising a bit. This will mean going back to the gym for a while and doing various P90X discs when I can.

The problem is my favorite times to do the workouts are first thing in the morning before work, and immediately when I get home from work. Problem is the house is fucking freezing then and not condusive to exercise. I'd rather go to the nice warm gym for the next month or two!

I'm still going to do the workouts on occasion though because I don't want to lose the benefits I gained from them, especially the ab ripper, and all of the flexibility and balance I've gained with yoga. And the Stretch routine because I believe that's really helped some of my weeker body parts like wrists and ankles.

Gary

You've abandoned me!!

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 20, 2012, 04:36:34 PM
Dorling, the great benefit I got from EA Active is in the legs. You will probably find that too, a lot of the exercises are lunge/squat oriented.

In the brief time I've been doing it so far it seems to have had a noticeable effect on my flexibility. I have been pretty stiff in the mornings but after a few stretches my back and hips feel a lot better than they have for quite a while.

My legs are already pretty toned. Despite my injury problems in the last couple of years I have retained my frankly ridiculous thighs. I'm not sure how. They've been pretty immense since I was a sprinter in High School.

Gary

For those who want to get more flexible, I highly recommend getting a copy of stretch x from p90x even if you dont wanna do p90x, that shit makes you feel like new after you are done.

[/center]

FXBlade

Well been about 3 weeks since I posted here, but January has been positive for me.

Over the time I have been going to the gym 3-5 times a week (gotta love that I get it for free because my mrs works there), Have started training with my local rugby team again now that My fitness level has improved, I'm not out of breath after light exercise.

All in all have lost about 12lbs which is a great start for me, can only improve on it and to be honest, I wanted to start being active again and the training has really helped.

All of this which is going to be a huge positive... I have started my level 2 sports coaching award and should be qualified by the start of April, so between now and then will start working as a voluntary sports coach within schools and hopefully will lead onto more of a permanent job once I have qualified.  At he start of the year I never thought something like this would change my career path and everything.. So yeah!