News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Update on me...

running on average 3 miles a day 5 days a week.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

JakeV

I just started dieting around January, no real exercise yet, so I don't know if this really goes in this thread.

Anyways, my diet consists of eating about 500 calorie meals, four-five times a day, about every three hours. I also have completely cut soda out of my diet, drinking only a mix of water, green tea, and some gatorade.

So far, since the dieting began, I've lost 30lbs, down from 250 to 220. Once I find the time, I'm going to start doing some exercising, not just dieting. So, here's hoping it goes well!

Believe!

Doug E Fresh

Jack, I've got an app on my kindle that's a full leg workout without weights thats good for stretching, hits all the muscles, and is easy to do everyday without icing everyday (I too have bad knees). If you want to look it up let me know I'll direct you to it.

Justin

Jack, try one of those bands that people put right under their knee to help with tendinitis and tightness.  Some basketball players wear them.  Try that when you work out.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

In 9 days I have now run 22.66 miles. GO FAT MAN!

Doug E Fresh

Did MMA for the first time today along with some boxing. Wow that felt great!

Gary

Well for the first time since august, kinda fucked up my workout routine, did jack shit this week. Decided to take the week off after not having time to do anything Monday or Tuesday, kinda give my body a re-charge after the months of pounding and then monday restart.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Gary on May 25, 2012, 10:51:55 AM
Well for the first time since august, kinda fucked up my workout routine, did jack shit this week. Decided to take the week off after not having time to do anything Monday or Tuesday, kinda give my body a re-charge after the months of pounding and then monday restart.

Nothing wrong with taking a week off especially if you're pushing weights constantly. Lets those muscles rest. Get right back on it next week!

Dorling

I've been doing 25-50 minutes of DDP Yoga every day for just over a week now and I just have to say...

...it's awesome.

I feel stronger and more flexible already. I can even touch my toes!

For someone with a history of back trouble, that's amazing for me. I haven't been able to bend over and touch my toes for a few years.

Can't recommend enough. Gutted I'm going away for the weekend and I'll have to miss a couple of days.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Since starting running on May 10th. I have now ran over 51 miles in just over a month. I had a personal best this week of 5.34 miles in one session.

In three weeks I am entering back into my weights training as well. Once I am content that I will not slip on the running.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Dorling on June 14, 2012, 06:41:18 PM
I've been doing 25-50 minutes of DDP Yoga every day for just over a week now and I just have to say...

...it's awesome.

I feel stronger and more flexible already. I can even touch my toes!

For someone with a history of back trouble, that's amazing for me. I haven't been able to bend over and touch my toes for a few years.

Can't recommend enough. Gutted I'm going away for the weekend and I'll have to miss a couple of days.

+1 for embracing the awesomeness of yoga. What does DDP stand for though. As much as I love yoga I've pretty much limited myself to P90X and Wii (though the p90 is really intense). Keep meaning to expand on it.

I know what you mean about seeing improvements, it's the workout I see most improvement in myself.

In other news, I was at my son's tap recital last week and as with previous years was blown away by the older kids doing ballet. Am determined to try it out one of these days, at least a one-off trial class or something because to me it seems like the pinnacle of human fitness. Not sure if it is something that can be learned in one's mid-thirties, but willing to suffer through some soreness and humiliation to give it a go!

In not so good news, it's been a really muggy couple of weeks weatherwise and energy levels and motivation has dropped significantly. Thank God for soccer, it's pretty much the bulk of my working out.

Going to actually go and do some yoga right now actually, cheers Dorling for inspiring me.

Edited to add: Nice going Ian, I haven't done a 5 mile run in a long time, 5K (just over 3miles) have been it for me so far. Glad for you mate, it's good for the soul. You run with anyone or solo?

Dorling

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 14, 2012, 06:57:43 PM
+1 for embracing the awesomeness of yoga. What does DDP stand for though. As much as I love yoga I've pretty much limited myself to P90X and Wii (though the p90 is really intense). Keep meaning to expand on it.

I know what you mean about seeing improvements, it's the workout I see most improvement in myself.

In other news, I was at my son's tap recital last week and as with previous years was blown away by the older kids doing ballet. Am determined to try it out one of these days, at least a one-off trial class or something because to me it seems like the pinnacle of human fitness. Not sure if it is something that can be learned in one's mid-thirties, but willing to suffer through some soreness and humiliation to give it a go!

In not so good news, it's been a really muggy couple of weeks weatherwise and energy levels and motivation has dropped significantly. Thank God for soccer, it's pretty much the bulk of my working out.

Going to actually go and do some yoga right now actually, cheers Dorling for inspiring me.

Edited to add: Nice going Ian, I haven't done a 5 mile run in a long time, 5K (just over 3miles) have been it for me so far. Glad for you mate, it's good for the soul. You run with anyone or solo?

The DDP is for Diamond Dallas Page, the former WCW wrestler. It's his own take on yoga and it's pretty intense in places. Needless to say, if this is how I feel after one week (and 3-4lbs down) then I'm looking forward to a couple of months time.

I'm going to Greece in a week and I'll definitely be doing some Yoga next to the mediterranean.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 14, 2012, 06:57:43 PM

I run alone. I listen to music and go from there. Actually quite relaxing.

Drama Queen

Brought my personnal best 5K time down by another 52 seconds to 22:07 today  :)

Doug E Fresh

Canton Ohio Half Marathon tomorrow. Big test. Don't feel ready. 13 miles is gonna suck after all the beer I drank yesterday. But this needs to happen. Lets go!