News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok I have acquired this now...though I find the schedule somewhat confusing.

How much and what am I suppose to do per day?

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

I've been thinking about doing the DDP yoga myself.

My weight has fluctuated my entire life, and I seem to be on an upswing at the moment. Normally I run a treadmill but I've been having major problems with my back, and I've had two bad ankles since I was in 2nd grade, so I need a workout that's low impact on the ol' back and joints.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on July 19, 2012, 12:27:13 PM
Ok I have acquired this now...though I find the schedule somewhat confusing.

How much and what am I suppose to do per day?

Do as much as you want to mate. Personally, I'm doing at least 30 mins every day right now because I'm doing the 30 day challenge, but it's what you make of it really. If you're still doing your running, maybe alternate the 2?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Dorling on July 19, 2012, 04:09:55 PM
Do as much as you want to mate. Personally, I'm doing at least 30 mins every day right now because I'm doing the 30 day challenge, but it's what you make of it really. If you're still doing your running, maybe alternate the 2?

Right so is there like an actual schedule to follow? I got all these videos and I dont know what order to do them in or where to start lol.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dorling

Which videos did you get? I know if you by the pack you get a selection of beginner and intermediate ones.

If you have a workout called the diamond dozen, start there. It's a guide to the 13 core moves that form the basis DDP yoga. Then you have Energy and Fat burner which I would say are the easier ones, though they still get your heart rate well up - I'd start there.

Red Hot Core is a 12 minute workout targetting your core that you can stick on the end of any other workout, although sometimes I do it before work if I have time.

Then you have stand up, which is all balance work and you don't have to get on the floor. Strength builder is my current favourite, it targets your shoulders, hips, lower back and knees.

Going from there you then have the Diamond Cutter workout which is 50 minutes and pretty tough. The hardest one in my set is the Double Black Diamond which is 70 minutes and I have yet to do that one. I figure the 30th and final day of my challenge will be when I bust that one out.

So that's what you should have if you've got the full set. Start with the diamond dozen, fat burner, energy and red hot core. I did those for the first week and then branched out and tried the others.

Hurricane Jeff

I've been mixing up Energy and Fat Burner. Some times adding in Red Hot Core after doing Energy or Fat Burner. Once comfortable with it, then move up to the next one. I'm hoping by the end of the month, I can move up to something more challenging.

Dorling

Quote from: Hurricane Jeff on July 20, 2012, 06:40:24 AM
I've been mixing up Energy and Fat Burner. Some times adding in Red Hot Core after doing Energy or Fat Burner. Once comfortable with it, then move up to the next one. I'm hoping by the end of the month, I can move up to something more challenging.

That's definitely the best start point. I'm not in too bad shape really, I just have a beer gut. I don't have any fat on my arms, legs, back or hips, it's all gut. I do the fat burner or energy + red hot core on what I call my 'rest days' now. I've become addicted to strength builder, there are lots of push ups, planks (20 second plank with one foot off the ground is a favourite), side planks etc. It's hard as hell but I find I enjoy it.

I have noticed that my wrists are feeling it though - I'm 195lbs so holding myself up for so long every day takes it's toll. To prevent too much wear, I do 'stand up' every few days as it's a workout completely free of arm/wrist/shoulder work. Still tough though, as my balance needs improving. It's the best workout for showing your improved flexibility though, as you have to lift you legs up a lot.

This weekend I'll be doing Diamond Cutter, which features the 10 second push ups, which come along nicely after the 3 and 5 second ones.

Hurricane Jeff

I did the Below the Belt today. Didn't know what I was getting myself into but it kicked my butt. But it was still fun

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I feel there must be a starting point in what I got...so what is it fellas...I mean like an intro to Yoga etc.

So which one didyou start with?

Dorling

Quote from: Dorling on July 19, 2012, 04:51:24 PM
Which videos did you get? I know if you by the pack you get a selection of beginner and intermediate ones.

If you have a workout called the diamond dozen, start there.

Then Fat Burner, Energy and Red Hot Core.

Once you're happy with those, move on to Strength Builder, Below the Belt and Stand Up.

After that, Diamond Cutter. Double Black Diamond is last and one that I am yet to try.

As long as you do the Diamond Dozen first, the rest of it doesn't really matter TBH. Every workout features modifications of the moves that DDP does (one of the people on the video is in the 'modification zone' of each workout) if you can't quite manage it, and he talks you through how to adjust the positions so that you are more comfortable.

The best advice is to just get in there and do it!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I believe I do! Cheers mate!

Jerry McClean

Ian, I got this in a notepad document as well:

Proposed Schedule by Level

Beginner
    01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13
M    A -  B -  B -  B -  B -  C -  C -  B -  C -  E -  E - BD - CD
T    X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X
W   AB -  B - AB -  B -  B -  B -  D - CD -  E -  C -  B - CD - ED
F    B -  B -  C -  C - AC -  C -  C -  E - BD - BD - CD -  E -  F
W/E  X -  X -  X -  X -  X - WA -  X - WA -  X - WA - WA - WA - WA   

Intermediate
M    A -  C -  B -  B -  C - BD -  B -  E - BD -  C - SR - BD - CD
T    X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X - ED - BD - CD - ED - CH - EF - EH
W    B -  B -  C - AC - AC -  E -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X
T    X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  D -  D -  E - SR - EG - SR - ED
F    B -  C -  C -  E -  E -  F -  F -  F -  F -  F -  F -  F - FI
W/E  X -  X -  X - WA -  X - WA -  X - WA - WA - WA - WA - WA - WA   

Advanced
M   AB - BD -  C - AE - BD - CD - EG - FS -  C -  E -  E - BD - CD
W    X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  X -  C -  B - CD - ED
F    B -  B -  C -  C - AC -  C -  C -  E - BD - BD - CD -  E -  F
W/E  X -  X - WB -  X - WB -  X - WB - WB - WB - WB - WB - WB - WB   

A = Diamond Dozen
B = Energy!
C = Fat Burner
D = Red Hot Core
E = Below the Belt
F = Diamond Cutter
G = Stand Up!
H = Strength Builder
I = Double Black Diamond

X = Day Off

AB = Combine Diamond Dozen & Energy!
AC = Combine Diamond Dozen & Fat Burner
BD = Combine Energy! & Red Hot Core
CD = Combine Fat Burner & Red Hot Core
ED = Combine Below the Belt & Red Hot Core

EF = Energy! -or- Fat Burner & Red Hot Core
EG = Energy! -or- Strength Builder & Red Hot Core
EH = Below the Belt -or- Strength Builder
FI = Diamond Cutter -or- Double Black Diamond
FS = Fat Burner -or- Stand Up! & Red Hot Core
SR = Below the Belt -or- Stand Up & Red Hot Core

WA = Weekend Optional Saturday or Sunday Energy! or Fat Burner
WB = Weekend Optional Saturday or Sunday Energy! or Fat Burner or Below the Belt

I know the spacing messed up slightly on here, but still think you can see what it means. Hope that helps!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I got that as well, but I think I was missing half the key! lol! Hence NOW it makes sense as oppossed to looking like my 5th grade report card.

T-Bonizzle

My computer tells me the DVD is a virus...

Dorling

I guess I'm the only one that actually paid for the DVDs then?