News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

How bad is eating late? It is 9:30 pm for me right now and I am forcing myself to eat rice because I am way under my calory goal for the day. In fact this is my main issue with health and fitness at the moment, I don't seem to be able to eat enough. I am doing insanity and there is no way I can do those workouts on a full stomach so I have to try and replenish myself just before bed time.

Anyway, that's the negative. The positive is I am back doing insanity full time and being more active in general since the storm and I feel like a freaking unstoppable machine :)

I'm just trying no to lose to much weight in the process!

TheBritishVixen

I got back on the horse (figuratively speaking) today. I gained half a pound this week, and the fact that I didn't have a huge gain made me realise that I've been getting away with it for far too long and its soon going to come back to bite me.

So I'm planning food, I've done a really good shop and so far, so good.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Drama Queen on December 04, 2012, 09:39:06 PM
How bad is eating late? It is 9:30 pm for me right now and I am forcing myself to eat rice because I am way under my calory goal for the day. In fact this is my main issue with health and fitness at the moment, I don't seem to be able to eat enough. I am doing insanity and there is no way I can do those workouts on a full stomach so I have to try and replenish myself just before bed time.

Anyway, that's the negative. The positive is I am back doing insanity full time and being more active in general since the storm and I feel like a freaking unstoppable machine :)

I'm just trying no to lose to much weight in the process!

Insanity is awesome. I'll recommend more small things throughout the day as well. Granola bars, yogurt, protein, an apple, etc. Do what it takes to get some extra calories but in a good way.

There are different things out there for when to stop eating. Its all about when you go to sleep I think. For example, I try to be in bed by 11-midnight most days so I try to eat for the last time by 7-8. Now if you're not crashing until like 2am, then there's nothing wrong with 9:30 by my standards lol.

Cory

I started Insanity last night with the woman, just trying to get in ideal shape for indoor soccer season, did the Fit Test, I actually beat the guy for more than half the exercises, but the chick was insane.

Anyways, combining this with an ECA stack (best fat burner ever created....kinda dangerous tho), already down a pound and a half in one day, but not really considering it progress becasue water weight, ect. But back to being sore everyday :(

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Drama Queen

Really appreciate the input Doug. Again I found myself trying to cram calories in before bed time. The problem is I'm doing overtime at the moment so I don't get home until around 6pm. If I eat a big meal then I won't be able to do insanity until at least 8pm (and even then I will still feel sluggish and/or nauseous during it) so I have leave dinner until after my workout as I want to be in bed by 9 or 10 preferably.

Tomorrow I am going to try and eat more during the work day. I eat plenty of the quick fixes for protein and carbs like Clif bars and yogurts but they really drive my sugar count up, although I think I'm in a position not to worry so much about that. I'll probably start getting some heavier food from the roach coach.

Tonight I had instant soup and stuffed it with as much whole wheat bread as I could and I am still over 400 calories short of my goal. And going to bed kind of bloated.

Insanity is going great though, I purchased a heartrate monitor and at times get up to 98% of my potential maximum. I found a cool site to covert average heartrate to calories burned so I can keep better track of how much I need to replenish. Previously I was logging in 300 calories for an average insanity session, whereas I have now found it to be closer to 600.

And haha, yeah Cory that chick is insane, even if muscle fatigue was not a factor, I don't think I have the agility to keep up with her footwork, her power knees and switch kicks are like lightning.

Doug E Fresh

http://exrx.net/

Outstanding informational site.

To give you an idea of what I'm trying to do. I'm currently at 163lbs. Ideally I'd prefer to be 175 so I'm below. My problem is that I'm trying to do too much at once. I want to stay in good enough shape for a half marathon but also lift more. Hard to do both. This winter I'm going to train on treadmill incline despite it being not so good on the knees because I absolutely suck at running in the cold. And I'm going to lift more. Come better weather, gonna start marathon training. I'm obsessed with my body because I have no health insurance.

Drama Queen

Huh, looks like we have the same target weight. Except I'm currently at 154lbs so I need to really work at gaining. I really should be doing more lifting, but cardio helps me with other goals I want to achieve such as flexibility, endurance and overall better performance at things like soccer. And i just plain enjoy it more. I realize I have to squeeze some weights in there somewhere though. Cool link, I don't want to get to much into it at this hour of the night, I will check it out more thoroughly over the weekend.

Doug E Fresh

A friend of mine showed me that site after using calipers to do body fat percentage the skin pinch way. Lets you plug in the numbers and do math easy. Its not the most accurate but its better than standing still and holding a toy thing lol.

Gary

Gary in 2012, almost 90 pounds gone.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

TheBritishVixen

Well done Gary thats an awesome achievement!

Doug E Fresh

Gary

I need to start working out again though, losing muscle mass, and since I started my new job my diet has changed cause now I eat at actual regular hours.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

T-Bonizzle

Doug E Fresh

Hanging out, wearing 35lbs below me doin shit. Holidays.

Doug E Fresh

Make it a resolution to hit the gym! Or do whatever you do to feel better and healthy.

I haven't ran or lifted since the 21st. Come Wednesday I'm going full steam again. I want to bench more than my weight and run a full marathon sometime in 2013.