News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBritishVixen

Made the decision. I'm going back to Slimming World next week. I need to get some weight off.

T-Bonizzle

Been trying to spot in some yoga and jogging through out my week.

Last night a friend and tackled the deck of woe. The game involves a standard deck of playing cards, jokers included. Assign an exercise to a suit of cards. So for diamonds we set diamond push-ups, for example. Shuffle the deck and draw cards one at a time. The suit tells you the exercise, and the number on the card tells you the reps. Face cards are 10, Aces are 12. Every 13 draws we'd assign new exercises to the suits. If someone draws a Joker, you come up with something devious and do 10 reps. My friend decided when he drew the joker we needed to do handstand push-ups. Hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I did manage five, which was five more then I expected to do. Lots of fun when you mix up the types of exercises. We made the mistake of assigning three push-up variants in our first set... Sore as hell from it today. But we got through the whole deck, 54 reps of various exercises.

(also this page is so fucking slow and I don't know why. Maybe too many moving avatars or something)

TheBritishVixen

So I finally got back to slimming world last night (exactly 3 months after my last weigh in) and I was expecting a horrendous amount of weight to have been piled on.

Turns out I've only gained 13lbs since my last weigh in, which is good as I was expecting as least double that.

I've got up this morning and had a cooked breakfast (SW style) and then a bowl of strawberries and apple slices. Trying to keep my hands busy as I'm off work today and I don't want to snack!!

Dorling

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on June 30, 2013, 08:49:43 PM
I just signed up for a 10k that everyone at work is doing. I'm super competitive so I'm planning on running every day and eating super healthy.

The 10k is Aug. 24th. Here goes something!

That's this weekend then. Good luck mate!

Just did the bleep test. Last time I did it I struggled to a 4.5. My aim is to get to 7.4ish. I've been finding it hard to find the time to exercise recently because I've been having work done on the kitchen and bathroom at my home, so I've been between there and my parents.

Long story short, I rocked a level 9 tonight and i think I could go further. Test is in just over 2 weeks.

Justin

Congrats on the accomplishment Jack.

Doug E Fresh

TheBritishVixen

First weigh in back on plan and I lost 2.5lbs so I'm pretty happy with that considering I was out twice and my body is doing silly female type things atm. It always has had impeccable timing =/

Marq

Been a vegetarian for the last month or so (officially, at least, next Monday), and I've dropped about 5 lbs just by changing my diet.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Drama Queen

What's your main sources for protein marq?

Well it's refereeing season for me, which is keeping me active...

Tuesday, did upper body in the gymbefore work. After work I refereed two soccer games
Wednesday I refereed one and it finished intime forme together to my kickboxing class
Thursday, no games, just kickboxing
Yesterday two games
Today I'm running  a mud runner type obstacle race for the first time
Tomorrow morning a regular 5k and in the afternoon playing a full 90 minute soccer game.

Squeezing about 20 minutes calisthenics in most days also.

Think I'll take it easy onmonday haha!

Happy with diet, cut down on sodium and sugar a lot. Reduced carbs. Not actually trying to lose weight though I could do with gaining about 10lbs to be honest, want to gain it as muscle though.

If it sounds like I'm overdoing it, autumn has a tendency to be an emotional season for me and exercise is one of my main tool sin fighting off ailments such as depression. So far so good.

Drama Queen

I got my best time in the 5k couple of weeks ago, 21:49, very happy with that.

I've been keeping myself pretty active with kickboxing, the gym and refereeing.

Last week I ran 8 miles, which is the most I've run in ages, and my knees were fine the next day, so that's encouraging. I'm convinced I have the cardio endurance to run a marathon, if my knees hold out.

I'm pretty comfortable with my diet now, I've been following enough of a pattern that I don't feel the need to use myfitnesspal now.

Trying to be productive outside of physical fitness. Mentally I've had a few meh sort of days, yesterday being one of them, but overall I'd say I'm doing good.

Drama Queen

Bump! Come on guys, I thought this thread would have been dusted off for the new year and all.

So far I am happy with my lifestyle for 2014.

Iam actually sticking to my sleep rule this year (minimum six hours,must get at least seven twice during the work week, minimum seven on weekends) and it is making a huge difference mentally and physically. I have prioritized it ahead of working out.

Working out has improved because of it though. I am managing to squeeze in  at least seven or eight workouts per week.

Eating a lot healthier, keeping well under my sugar and sodium limits, eliminating a lot of carbs, despite incorporating more fruit and vegetables into my diet. Have completely eliminated artificial supplements, I don't believe I need them.

Ran a 5k on new years day, 23:07 which I am really happy with. It's not my best, but I'm never going to beat my best in a winter race, it's so damn hard to breathe, lol.

I am bringing a lot more organization into my life, especially for physical clutter. Put up a bunch of bookshelves and pictures and it seems to make it easier to relax.

Deleted Facebook and apps such as candy crush, haha, very liberating :)

So come on, how is 2014 working out for everyone so far?

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on January 19, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

Also, I've been making sure I have a healthy breakfast every morning. The idea being that it will help me make better eating decisions throughout the day.

This. So important. Glad to hear it.

Funny thing about weight, I am not trying to lose any. To be honest I can't afford to lose any. But I am apparantly falling several hundred calories short of my target every day, days that I work out twice, the deficiency is over a thousand.

Now I could be recording stuff I accurately, but surely not by that much.

I am not losing weight thankfully, and I am honestly not letting myself get hungry, like ever at all. If I was under nourishing myself, my body would let me know, right?

Like I say, I'm feeling great, just mildly concerned about the math of it all. It's not adding up.

Doug E Fresh

Marathon training is underway. April 27th I am running a full 26.2 mile marathon. Yikes!

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on January 30, 2014, 06:55:28 PM
I ran a 10k last weekend, and again hit my goal of under an hour...which is really impressive considering I went out the night before and ran on 4 hours of sleep, a ton of beers, and some McDonalds to 'sober up'

I have ANOTHER this weekend before the Super Bowl when my Seahawks beat the Bronc hoes.

My goal is to do a road race every month until November when they do the Rock and Roll half marathon in Vegas. My reward to myself will be doing that. If anyone is down for meeting in Vegas for this event, let me know. It will be awesome!

Vegas in november...depending on my situation this may occur.

Dorling

I've been hitting the pool and yoga trying to get in shape for my new job. Running starts again on Sunday. Been doing at least 1k in the pool 4-5 times a week and yoga 4 times a week (following a DDP yoga 13 week plan so this will escalate).