News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

15k race today. Longest distance for me to date. Set a goal for myself of one hour fifteen. Therefore very pleased with my 1:11:01.03 finish. It works out at a 7:37 mile which is better than some of my 5k times.

Lincoln tunnel 5k tomorrow, might be a bit sore, setting a goal of 23:30.

That's it then until half marathon in may. Hoping to get some long distance practise runs in in the meantime.

Doug E Fresh

Well holy hell I just ran a marathon.

My final time was 4:20:48 which was a 9:57 mile pace. Happy I did that considering I blew my quad HHH style with 3 miles to go :)

Drama Queen

Congratulations Doug, excellent result,and yeah I've heard the last few miles are brutal as hell. Hopefully I will find out some day soon lol. Hope you heel up quickly, I'd skip any workouts for the next two or three days!

Jack, that is how you do it, build up the distance slowly, and get as much practise in on weekends as you an if your going to do long distances. Do you have a group you can run with? If not look into it, makes it so much better, well for me at least.

Jerry McClean

Yeah congrats Doug. Can't imagine how hard the full distance would be ha

Drama Queen

I got 23:30 in the Lincoln tunnel 5k which is exactly the goal I set for myself. Had a really nice stride going, truth be told, I thought I was doing better, was almost disappointed when I seen the clock at the finish line. But considering how sore I was yesterday evening after the 15k I really can't complain.

And then, since I was in the neighborhood, it seemed a shame not to take advantage and play soccer with my Colombian workmates which I hardly ever get to do these days. Played wi them for about 40 minutes.

I expect to be in a considerable amount of pain tomorrow, though nowhere near as much as Doug :)

Marq

I hate taking pictures, but it was pointed out by a cousin looking at old pictures of me that my face has deflated quite a bit since this whole fitness kick:

Vs.

27 lbs. down since last fall! AND I can do pull-ups, now! Don't stop me now, world. :)
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Justin

You look like a totally different person almost.  Good job Marq!!

Oh...who is that chick hugging you on the right?

Flins.

The ability to do pull ups is always a good marker!

Marq

Quote from: JustinP on May 01, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
You look like a totally different person almost.  Good job Marq!!

Oh...who is that chick hugging you on the right?

Thank you, sir! It's been great.

As for the girl, she's this South African girl I met this past Saturday. Really cool girl who liked my singing (we were at this big karaoke place in the city) so we've been talking, since. Heck of a dancer, that one.

Marq

Quote from: Flins. on May 01, 2014, 02:44:56 PM
The ability to do pull ups is always a good marker!

Thanks, man! I literally had never been able to do pull-ups before (all this time, I worked out shoulders thinking that would help me do them -- wrong).

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 27, 2014, 04:53:33 PM
I got 23:30 in the Lincoln tunnel 5k which is exactly the goal I set for myself. Had a really nice stride going, truth be told, I thought I was doing better, was almost disappointed when I seen the clock at the finish line. But considering how sore I was yesterday evening after the 15k I really can't complain.

And then, since I was in the neighborhood, it seemed a shame not to take advantage and play soccer with my Colombian workmates which I hardly ever get to do these days. Played wi them for about 40 minutes.

I expect to be in a considerable amount of pain tomorrow, though nowhere near as much as Doug :)

Think that's about as fast as I'd go on a bike >_>

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jerry McClean on May 03, 2014, 04:16:41 AM
Think that's about as fast as I'd go on a bike >_>

Haha, thank you :)

My actual official time when I looked it up was 23:09 I guess it was so crowded that twenty one seconds had passed before I even crossed the start line.

Marq, isn't it an awesome feeling to do something you never used to be able to? Be proud, as flins pointed out, pull ups are indeed a great bench marker. Congratulations? Are you at your weight goal now? You look great, it really is quite a difference.

Marq

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on May 06, 2014, 10:23:18 AM
Did another 5k on Sunday and already got my run out of the way for May! Woohoo! One month closer to Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in Vegas!

Unnnnnhhhh. Get it!

Doug E Fresh

Do a 10K next month!

Ryan Omega

I totally could dig a overall health support group.  I'm kinda sluggish and have not the best diet in the world.  I'd partake in recording my progress on here.