News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

Wouldn't be a bad idea, Ryan. Seeing as not too many e-fedders can be confused with supermodels, it's good to have a support group with like-minded individuals trying to better themselves and get healthy.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Flins.

Quote from: Marq on May 08, 2014, 06:13:55 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea, Ryan. Seeing as not too many e-fedders can be confused with supermodels, it's good to have a support group with like-minded individuals trying to better themselves and get healthy.

We're still waiting for beards to be 'in'.

Drama Queen

Flins wins! +1

What are you into Ryan? I started really simply with the whole fitness thing, believe it or not, my first step was Wii Fit board and other games. It did a really good job of steering me in the right direction. Then I got into running, and DVD series like P90X and insanity. They were good for a while, very intense, but then I realized I have no social life so I looked in Groupon for deals on classes and discovered that's really like kickboxing and yoga.

Not trying to give my life story, basically saying try different things and you'll find something that's really fun, which is half the battle really. (I try doing weights at the gym, but it bores the hell out of me).

As for diet, I found MyFitnessPal to be an immensely valuable tool. Not just for counting calories, but other important nutrition info such as sugar and sodium.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Marq

Quote from: Flins. on May 08, 2014, 06:16:07 PM
We're still waiting for beards to be 'in'.

Have you looked around? Beards are totally a thing, now. It's the triple-chins UNDER the beards that are suspect.

Ryan Omega

Quote from: Drama Queen on May 08, 2014, 06:50:22 PM
Flins wins! +1

What are you into Ryan?

I'm just looking to start out with cardio training and getting my weight back down.  I'm 27 years old, 5'10" 229 pounds.  The heaviest I've ever been was 17, 5'9" 265 lbs.   The lightest I've ever been was 18, 5'9-10" 167 lbs.  So i know I can do it.  I just need to find my groove.

Dorling

Quote from: Marq on May 08, 2014, 07:10:09 PM
Have you looked around? Beards are totally a thing, now. It's the triple-chins UNDER the beards that are suspect.

My new job starts next week so I'm not allowed a beard for 8 weeks. Sad Dorling.

I also have to compete physically with people 7-11 years younger than me. I will best their speed with my strength!

Ty

Quote from: Ryan Omega on May 08, 2014, 07:14:22 PM

I'm just looking to start out with cardio training and getting my weight back down.  I'm 27 years old, 5'10" 229 pounds.  The heaviest I've ever been was 17, 5'9" 265 lbs.   The lightest I've ever been was 18, 5'9-10" 167 lbs.  So i know I can do it.  I just need to find my groove.

Not to discourage you, its gonna be twice as hard to lose the weight now. Damn age.

But yeah, I'm about at the same point right now, 5'9" and 225lbs. Just haven't been able to hit the gym. Kept saying, when my son hits one I'll go back serious, thats today so... yeah, looks like I'm going back to the gym starting monday (work evening tonight and birthday party tomorrow)

Ryan Omega

No Doubt.  Just because it's tough, doesn't mean we shouldn't keep working for it.

Drama Queen

First half marathon in the bag

1:44:45

I am over the moon about this time.

If I get enough training in over the summer, I will hopefully tackle the full 26.2 in the fall.

In other news I appear to be turning vegetarian.

T-Bonizzle

Dorling

Well I'm at Britannia Royal Naval College now. I have a swim test tomorrow and the dreaded running on Thursday. My Division Officer is aware of my back problem and I have 7 weeks to pass if required.

I start marching tomorrow.

Marq

Quote from: Drama Queen on May 18, 2014, 04:34:17 PM
First half marathon in the bag

1:44:45

I am over the moon about this time.

If I get enough training in over the summer, I will hopefully tackle the full 26.2 in the fall.

In other news I appear to be turning vegetarian.

Let me know how that goes, man. I'm right at the end of my ninth month!

Doug E Fresh

Half Marathon this morning. After doing a full it felt so short. Until I felt like I was stabbed in the hip with a sword. Might have to take some time off pending what the doc says.

Dorling

Got destroyed by the Royal Marines this week and slept in a bivvy for 5 days living off rations. I feel broken.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Dorling on June 01, 2014, 10:59:15 AM
Got destroyed by the Royal Marines this week and slept in a bivvy for 5 days living off rations. I feel broken.

Can I have a English to English translation for what a "bivvy" is?