News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad News

Probably about 80lbs. 36kg.

Justin

Anybody else do the Russian bench program?

Mike Powers

Drama Queen

Welcome tonecold and bad news to the healthiest thread on the boards  :)

80lbs in one year is huge!

Justin I force myself to do minimal weights about once a week, I never bench, I'm an outand out cardio guy. I'm trying to be a bit more balanced, but I can't see myself using a bar for a while yet. The machines and dumbells are what I'm comfortable with.

Today was day 50 of my running streak. Sofar the only days I found it physically difficult were November 24th (day after the marathon) and December 22nd (I was ill and had a stitch right from the start and could barely breathe). I usually like to do more than the one required mile, but with the holidays and illness, there's been a few days I've just done the minimum to keep the streak going. I've decided that if I lose the streak I cut my hair and shave my beard.

I never really talked about the marathon, other than posting my time. It was a really emotional experience to be honest. I'm glad I chose a big marathon like Philly for my first one, seeing so many people out cheering and holding signs was inspiring. A lot of people were shouting "come on John, you've got this, you can do it" and I thought there must be a LOT of johns in this race. After five or six miles it dawned on me that our names are on our bibs and that these strangers were talking to me haha. After I made this realization, I really enjoyed the encouragement.

I was really lucky in that I didn't hit the wall until mile 25. At that point I changed to a speed walk a couple ofttimes just for a few seconds, as it was a lot easier on my lower back. A the end of the race I was surprised that my back was a lot more painful than my legs. Enjoyed the massage tent afterwards.

When I seen my time I almost choked with happiness.

Bad News

That's mighty dude. Absolutely mighty.

Looks like I'll be starting 2015 at about 13st (weighed myself and I was 13st'1 lbs today before doing a 10k and weights which will be repeated tomorrow) and 20% body fat.

Net weight loss of 57 and a half pounds since the start of 2014. 25 pounds or so to go...

Drama Queen

1st race of 2015 in the bag, did a 5k in 21:35, which is a 6:57 pace. I've been wanting to beat seven minutes for a long time so this is a nice start to the new year.

It brings my running streak up to 55 days.

On December 30th I had the honor of joining a guy on a run to celebrate his 25th year of consecutive running! I have some catching up to do haha!

Duckman

While this might not be a big deal to most, it's huge to me.  After probably 16 years, I've given up smoking weed.  And any tobacco.  I've also decided to start doing DDP yoga.

I know, I know, new year, new me and fuck that.  But honestly, after so many years of abusing my body and now really starting to feel the miles on the clock, I decided last week that enough was enough.

So I smoked my last joint last night.  Threw everything I have in the rubbish and made a promise to myself that last night was it for smoking.

The yoga thing is to try and help my fucked up back, which I hope will in turn help me get fitter and exercise more.  As it is, my back is so weak that doing any kind of lifting weights or even long distance walking really cripples me.

Anyway, I'm pretty drunk at the moment, which is why I'm doing something I never do and sharing personal shit with you guys.

There's no hope that I'll keep this up, because hope is something that you imagine.  There's a weird certainty that's come from somewhere in me that I didn't know existed.

I doubt I'll keep you guys posted, because I'm not that kind of person.  But thought I'd share that the fact that I'm going to turn into one of those people I hate - a healthy person!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Justin

Somebody cant hold their liquor.......

Duckman

I'm still standing...barely! :)

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

ToneCold

Joining local council leisure centre gym later... yes I know, I don't wanna be that guy either, but for me the fact that it will be costing money whether or not I use it will be a motivation to use it and not let that money go to waste. I mean, otherwise that money could be going on some fine merchandise from http://mfxpodcast.spreadshirt.com/ and cool shit like that.

Also looking for a swimming pool that runs decent hours as have found in the past that swimming is the exercise that benefits me better than anything else I've ever done (which admittedly isn't much anyways). The local council one is good but often open for only short bursts, and usually when I'm at work.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Duckman

That's the DDP Yoga DVDs shipped.  I know a few of you guys have used it.  Any tips for a first timer, especially one who hasn't had any real exercise since high school (not strictly true but I am incredibly unfit).  I'm basically starting from nothing here!

Justin

Quote from: Duckman on January 03, 2015, 10:12:19 AM
That's the DDP Yoga DVDs shipped.  I know a few of you guys have used it.  Any tips for a first timer, especially one who hasn't had any real exercise since high school (not strictly true but I am incredibly unfit).  I'm basically starting from nothing here!

Pace yourself. Don't feel like you have to do a bunch at once. Just pace yourself and ease into the progression of your workouts.

Drama Queen

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2015, 10:47:18 AM
Pace yourself. Don't feel like you have to do a bunch at once. Just pace yourself and ease into the progression of your workouts.

This. Sound advice that can be applied to any excercise program. It's important to start at a pace that you can maintain every day, rather than burn out after a couple of days. It goes for p90x, and for insanity, and I can't see why it would be different for this.

A friend of mine is doing this and he loves it.

Duckman

Thanks guys.  DQ, has he seen improvements since he's started?

ToneCold

Bitten the bullet and signed up for a year membership at local council gym and pool. Induction this morning. Going to be rocking my MFX Wolfie Approved tshirt, of course.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...