News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad News

I'm still dead corewise from Monday when I did Fat Burner and Red Hot Core. Fuck. Was hoping to do it again today after a days rest but not ready for it. Gym it is then.

Dorling

Quote from: Bad News on January 07, 2015, 06:44:08 AM
I'm still dead corewise from Monday when I did Fat Burner and Red Hot Core. Fuck. Was hoping to do it again today after a days rest but not ready for it. Gym it is then.

I've been doing Red Hot Core every morning before I start college, really need to strengthen the core up. I mix it up in the evenings but I do have a dodgy wrist at the moment so have been favouring Stand Up.

Bad News

Was able to get my first two pairs (like, in my life) of 32 waist jeans.

Brock Rhysner

Quote from: Dorling on January 07, 2015, 03:35:23 AM
He'd probably be ok stepping it up a bit - it's whether he has faith in knowing when his body needs a break. I tend to pick it up and drop at random points these days as my life has become somewhat unpredictable.

Ultimately, all of the workouts have modified positions to make them a bit easier, but some of the later workouts are over double the length of the initial ones and are in all senses more difficult. When I first started I did a couple of weeks as prescribed and skipped ahead a bit, no harm done. Then I tried the 70 min workout - I wasn't ready for it at that point, got about 50 mins into it.

As long as he looks after himself he'll be alright. It's a sign of how well the system works that it builds your confidence up so quickly.

I agree with this. I had been to the gym for over a year, regardless of the excess weight I was still carrying. I ended up running them in sets of two until I reached the hour long sessions. He should try it, then if it's too much for him, he can easily back down to something he's more comfortable with.

As for myself, I'm coming up to my first week completion. Up at 6. 2.2k uphill run every morning, followed by either Energy or Fat Burner, alternating between the two (might start adding some Red Hot Core at the end of it too, seeing as I've realized how much time I have left until I leave for work).

Meals are a combination of Lunch: Steamed Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Sweetcorn and Peas in Olive Oil and Vinegar, with a side order Frying Streak seasoned with Pepper, Sea Salt and Chili Flakes. Dinner follows the same pattern, with the steak replaced by a small chicken breast in spices (variety) and pan fried Fish (cheap white fish, it's called Basa). Breakfast, if I want it, is 4 medium eggs scrambled with mushrooms and balsamic vinegar AFTER the morning routine.

As I said, weights are coming later in the month, and I'm 5 liters of water a day, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

[/centre]

Dorling

Good effort man! I love Basa fish.

The only advice I would have I guess would be to try to fit breakfast in. I think your body works better with a steady and healthy intake of calories and skipping breakfast probably doesn't do you much good. I know working out takes the edge off your appetite but that means that often, if I workout before I eat, my portion control is a lot better.

Brock Rhysner

tbh today was the first day I skipped it, and I know what you mean. I was craving by around 11, but held off for another hour either way (drinking water helps).

Either way, I think I'll keep the eggs. Big boys need their protein, afterall ;)

[/centre]

Drama Queen

Awesome stuff with the jeans bad news!

Thanks Dorling and Brock for answering my concerns, I passed your opinions onto my friend.

Brock, even speaking as a vegetarian who relies on eggs as a source of protein and a vital source of b12, four a day is a helluvalotta cholesterol. Sounds like your getting enough protein with the steak and chicken, you can probably afford a few carbs for breakfast like some fruit or cereal or a Greek yogurt. (unless you were referring to egg whites only... Though personnally I don't see the point of egg whites myself)

Brock Rhysner

hmm, I have got some muesli I've got to get through. Might change it up a little next week. Thing is I find that I tend to become slow and sluggish when I eat carbs. Add onto that I'm an endomorph by nature (smaller in height, packs on weight easily, difficulty removing it ect), and I thought about trying to avoid them for a little while. Still, I'll take your advice on board. Possibly lower it to two.

Althought, I've got to say boys and girls, after doing this for a week, I feel fucking fantastic!

[/centre]

ToneCold

Started using rice cakes as a snack instead of crisps etc... so that's a step on diet I guess.

Also lost track of time today and ended up doing 2 and a half hours over the different machines at the gym rather than the 1 and a half I meant to. Feels good at the end though.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Duckman

Day 14 without smoking anything, tobacco or weed.  That's the longest I've gone in years.  Feel SO much better.  It's only when you stop doing something harmful, you realise how dumb it was to do it for so long!

Also, DDP yoga stuff arrived today.  Just done the first workout, learning the 13 moves.  Arms, legs and back shaking because I've just used muscles I probably haven't used since the 1990s!  Feels really good and while I struggled on a few of the moves, I did manage to do them all.  It's amazing how little strength I actually have in my body.  I think I'm going to enjoy doing this.  It's exercise that doesn't actually feel like exercise, which for a lazy fuck like me is great!

Will keep you posted on my progress because it will keep me motivated and consistent with doing the work outs.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

ToneCold

Quote from: Duckman on January 14, 2015, 03:02:18 PM
Day 14 without smoking anything, tobacco or weed.  That's the longest I've gone in years.  Feel SO much better.  It's only when you stop doing something harmful, you realise how dumb it was to do it for so long!

Also, DDP yoga stuff arrived today.  Just done the first workout, learning the 13 moves.  Arms, legs and back shaking because I've just used muscles I probably haven't used since the 1990s!  Feels really good and while I struggled on a few of the moves, I did manage to do them all.  It's amazing how little strength I actually have in my body.  I think I'm going to enjoy doing this.  It's exercise that doesn't actually feel like exercise, which for a lazy fuck like me is great!

Will keep you posted on my progress because it will keep me motivated and consistent with doing the work outs.

Sounds like good progress, on the going cold turkey and on the Yoga.

I realised only today that despite my fridge being well-stocked with cider from Christmas, I am yet to have an alcoholic drink since the 1st (1 bottle of cider after my NY Shift, couldn't drink at midnight New Year's because I had a shift starting at 5am)... not by intention at all but amazing what you can sometimes do without knowing.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Dorling

I've also had no booze since New Year, not by design, just been busy studying. Have also not eaten any desserts or crisps (chips for you Americans) since I got back to college.

Also today hit my 10th straight day of doing the DDP yoga red hot core work out first thing in the morning. Feels good.

Drama Queen

Day 68 of the running streak.

Brock, eggs are definately a good thing overall in my book, but yeah, I would personnally suggest moderation. There are indeed many different body typs though, and it's possible avoiding carbs might be best for you, I can't really comment. Ive tried to avoid grain carbs myself, but each time I cut back I get stomach pains. I've resigned myself to the fact that my body needs them, especially for the amount of running I do. Hence a paleo or an atkins diet would never be right for me. Glad you're feeling great though, you're definately doing something right. Just bear in mind though that cholesterol is something that can build up without you necessarily feeling crappy, hence the caution with the eggs.

Tonecold, there are definately healthy things out there that can be viewed as snacks. It's all a matter of deciding what your goals are, and what you want more of, or what you want to avoid. For example Some people think protein bars are healthy snacks, but if you're trying to avoid sugar, probably not.

Tonecold and Brock, I recommend MyFitnessPal or something similar to both of you, it's where you type in every single thing you eat and it tracks your carbs, fat, protein, sodium, sugar, basically anything that is on a nutrition label. I found it very useful in deciding what foods to eat more of or cut down on.

Duckman, I am so happy to read about your progress, you're making huge strides already, and we're here for you when it gets tough. Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I've ever done (running a marathon is actually easier). You've got great times ahead mate, life is so much more enjoyable when youre healthy, and you're attitude towards it is spot on. Really proud of you man.

Nice work Dorling. Desserts have been a weakness for me lately, my kid Loves to bake cupcakes! I make him keep them at his moms, but only after I've already eaten half a dozen! Hey, did you get to your annual football charity gig over the holidays?

Really exploding with the running. Some stats... I ran a total of 539 miles in 2014. I've already ran 53 in 2015. During weekdays I run two or three miles during my lunch break (pretty fast, between 7:00 and 7:30 pace) and on weekends I go longer distance at a slower pace. I'm on course to do a hundred this month, and well, if I can do 100 in January, I can do 100 any month! So my goal this year is that. 100 every month. Doing yoga about three times a week, and trying to do more strength training, even though it's not as much fun as yoga or running.

Dorling

The game still went ahead DQ,  but I didn't play this year as I was in Scotland with my girlfriend and her family. Another £800 was raised this year so we've now raisd over £3000 for the variety club in our 5 games. My team won without me though so will have to compete for my place back next year!

Duckman

Thanks DQ, as I said on MFX - it was your email about your highlights of last year that inspired (shamed) me into sorting my life and health out.  You have no idea how inspiring it was!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.