News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

That's excellent tonecold, must have been a wonderful feeling!

Keep it coming judge, the more I hear about it, the less I can wait to try it!

Today is my 82nd consecutive day of running, not a milestone number or anything, but I did run my 100th mile of 2015 today at lunchtime (followed by my 101st). Nice feeling and has made me determined to have 100 miles each month as an additional running goal.

Judge

DDP Yoga:  Days 2 and 3

We've learned up to move 6 of the Diamond Dozen.  This is the first time in the history of my life I've ever done anything like a "down dog"  Also the slow burn pushups were killer, they've got my muscles hurting in a good way that I haven't felt for a long time.  I'm incredibly sore but not mad about it.  I'm looking forward to running through all the moves again and learning 7 and 8 tomorrow.

We're building up the workout, learning 2 moves a day and repeating them at the start, doing the new moves and then redoing the whole move set including the two new moves.  Gets me really familiar with the moves so when it comes time to do the workouts, I'll be ready to go.

ToneCold

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 28, 2015, 08:07:32 PM
That's excellent tonecold, must have been a wonderful feeling!

Thanks :) Just been to gym for a mini/light workout after the last of 5 night shifts. The scales say I've lost about 7lb in this first month. Not sure of the scale of it, but with the drop in waist size (I was 38 so gonna call it 36 as 34 was a tight-as-fuck squeeze), I think I'm happy with it so far, which can only be motivation to do more :)
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

The TeeJ of Philly

The holidays did me dirty, working crazy overtime for more spending money mostly, took me about a month but I'm getting back to Ddp yoga, did the energy workout twice, man a couple months off does a lot more damage than I thought.

Duckman

Good stuff Teej.  I'm really starting to feel and see the difference now I'm doing the work outs regularly and getting better with the positions.

Third Energy work out of the week tonight.  Then if my back isn't too stiff I'll add another over the weekend at some point.

Also really cool to see Judge doing this and taking the right approach.  There's no point in diving into the work outs and trying to do too much too soon, you'll just end up hurting yourself.  It's funny, cause it just doesn't seem like something like Yoga would be phyically demanding (as compared to lifting 'bro' or running) but it really is!  Been a real revelation to me.

Plus, that's me now into my 6th week of clean eating and no smoking!  Loving it.

Keep up the good work folks!!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

It's really amazing what this has done for me.  I haven't been able to do more than 5 pushups in like 15 years but now I'm holding a pushup for a 5 count and backdown and repeating that about 10 times.  I'm really enjoying this.

I'd love for a gym rat to go up to DDP and go "do you even lift" and he goes "no".

Drama Queen

Now that's progress, judge! Isn't it an amazing feeling, being able to do something new? It's why I love yoga so much. Sure I can maybe run faster or for longer with practice, or lift heavier or more reps with weights, but with yoga you actually learnto do things that seemed physically impossible (or at least unlikely). I've been making really good progress with arm balances lately.

Funny thing, about the downward facing dog, obviously it hurts when your muscles aren't used to it, but when they become accustomed, the downward dog is actually a resting pose, and the stretch feels good.

Teej, (and everything else for that matter as we probably all have to do overtime at some point), I have found through my own experiences and watching others, the bigger danger of working more hours is not that you skip working out, but that we resort to convenient and less healthy meals, and less healthy eating environments (eating on the run, or late at night etc).

As for time off of working out, sometimes a week off here or there from a familiar routine is good, because we get rid of the muscle memory and it hurts again like it should. I got too used to the p90x workouts, especially ab ripper x and I think that's one of the reasons I was platau-ing. Man, if I tried to do them now though.... I'm actually scared of how much it will hurt, despite the fact that I've still been working out like crazy. Hmmm, maybe I'll force myself one of these days.

Very happy to hear about the lack of smoking duckman, and love hearing the plugs for these threads on the show, I'm really proud to be a part of this.

Still going strong with the running, to be honest I've gone past to point of running for health reasons now, as I do way more than I need to for that purpose, at this point it has become a hobby and a passion in and of itself. I could easily cut my running in half and get just as much benefit health wise ( though probably would not be performing as well athletically speaking). I'm getting more benefit from the yoga and the once or twice a week I force myself to do strength training. But hey there's worse addictions a guy can have right? ;D

Duckman

Just finished my first fat burner work out with DDP yoga. Holy fuck that kicked my ass!  In a good way though.  The crunching in various positions was tough but felt awesome after doing it.  Plus during the final stretches I totally realigned my back - which has been giving me some jip for a few days.  So that saved me a £35 bill from the chiropractor!!

What have the rest of you been up to this week?

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Brock Rhysner

I've not really been doing my yoga or running, however I've been focusing a lot on my powerlifting, and today I hit something of a landmark in any lifters life (through lack of a better word).

Today I dead lifted 140kg. For those who don't use metric, that's 22 stone, or 308lbs. raw (meaning no straps/bands/any other assistant apparatus) Attempted 150 but that just wasn't happening, even with straps. Still there's my next target.

So yeah...good day.

[/centre]

Duckman

22 stone!! Fucking hell man, that's like lifting one of England's prop forwards over your head! Well done man.

Brock Rhysner

As much as I'd love to take credit for that, I'm afraid that a deadlift isn't a lift that is performed over the head. ;)

Here's what a deadlift it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc

[/centre]

Duckman

Still damn impressive man!

Brock Rhysner

Thank you. However my overall goal is the mystical 500lbs. deadlift. That's my next major goal, but in truth I know it's going to be a few years of dedication to achieve it. So right now, I'm aiming for a 500 before I'm 30. Probably won't take THAT long, but it's reasonable given how progress slows the futher along you get (in terms of weight lifting anyway).

[/centre]

Judge

My goal is to drop 75 pounds in time for my next high school reunion, to show those fuckers who never gave me the time of day that they can piss off now.

Brock Rhysner

Always do things for yourself, Judge. Soon you'll run out of people to get vengeance upon, and at that point, what then?

Fitness is a one horse race against yourself.

[/centre]