News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Haha, Brock has a good point... Vengeance should only be a bonus ;D

Hey Brock... Want to swap some of you motivation for lifting with my motivation for running. I have the reverse problem, it's the weights I've been neglecting! Excellent work with the dead lifting though man! But yeah, try and balance it out if you can... And if either of us learns how to do that we'll let the other know ok? ;)

Duckman, I've mentioned this to you already, but for the benefit of anyone else going (or contemplating going) sugar free, fair play, it's not easy at first, but everything I've heard from people who've done it suggests your body becomes accustomed to it and you soon don't crave itor even like it anymore. It worked that way for me with soda... I have to admit I've never stuck with sugar-free long enough to get to that point but the idea of soda repulsed me.

ToneCold

Some excellent things to read since I was last in here guys, props to all of you :)

My latest gym training visit resulted in me learning to use different weights and I've also been given a few Core exercises after saying I wanted to work on getting rid of the beer weight. Got a few Mat things to do (which are good as I can try to fit them in at home along with basic things like curls.

I'm guessing from this reading that there are elements of Yoga that would help with Core stuff?
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Drama Queen

Well you have to figure anything to do with balance is working your core, so the balance aspect of yoga, absolutely. There are also crunch type maneuvers in the flow aspects of yoga, and some instructors like to include v-shape or boat or plank type positions where you'll be shaking like a leaf, trying to hold it, so you can bet that's working the core.

However if you want to try something mat based that really focuses on the core you've got to give Pilates a go. There's a helluvalotta core work in that, but yeah you'll probably find there's an even larger ratio of women to men in the class than in yoga even, so if you can get over that then go for it.

In other news tomorrow I hit my 100th consecutive day of running  :)

Duckman

I've just started new work outs in ddp yoga. Tons of planking, crunches and different types of core work. Given I'm pretty sure I had my core removed some time in the early 2000s, this has been incredibly tough. Shaking like a leaf, sides and stomach working like crazy. It was so funny the other day, I felt my side and there's this lump there, kind of sore but not bad. I panicked and thought there was something wrong. Then I checked the other side, same thing. Then I realised I'm actually developing muscles there - for the first time in years! I'm literally rebuilding my body! Got muscles in places I didn't realise where places!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Brock Rhysner

Gonna be out the gym for a few days as my throat appears to be swollen. As such, I'd though I'd give you all some advice:

Struggling to cut down on the fizzy drinks? Carbonated water mixed with sugar free squash. Tastes just like Fanta.

[/centre]

ToneCold

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 14, 2015, 06:17:18 PM
Well you have to figure anything to do with balance is working your core, so the balance aspect of yoga, absolutely. There are also crunch type maneuvers in the flow aspects of yoga, and some instructors like to include v-shape or boat or plank type positions where you'll be shaking like a leaf, trying to hold it, so you can bet that's working the core.

However if you want to try something mat based that really focuses on the core you've got to give Pilates a go. There's a helluvalotta core work in that, but yeah you'll probably find there's an even larger ratio of women to men in the class than in yoga even, so if you can get over that then go for it.

Once again, thanks for the informative post :)

Duckman

Still plugging away with DDP Yoga and clean living.

No smoking since mid night 31st December.  This is the longest I've gone without tobacco or weed in years.  Feel utterly amazing.  Lungs better, mind clearer and despite a few brutal cravings hitting every now and then, I'm holding out and haven't cracked.  I now think of myself a non-smoker, not someone who used to smoke, and that mind set is really helping.

Since Jan 1st I've lost a ton of weight. Recently bought a suit that was 4 sizes smaller than one I bought last year.

I'm onto Fat Burner work out, which was so difficult at first, but with more work and practice it's getting better.  My body is changing shape rapidly, slimming down, toning up and I'm getting great muscle definition back too.  I can't believe how effective DDP Yoga is and now much I enjoy doing it now.

My sugar free diet is now a month old and holding steady.  The first few days were pretty bad, but I'm adjusting to it now.  I haven't drank anything apart from water since 1st January.

I know it's only the start of a long process, but to already feel such a great benefit and see and feel changes in my body is awesome!

Sorry for sounding like a gushing idiot, but to feel so alert, happy and alive is something I've not had in a long, long time.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Justin

Coming from the guy who wasn't going to post his updates.

Duckman

It's nice to share something positive for a change.

Duckman

Sorry if that annoys you or something.

Justin

I knew you would warm up to it. Keep up the good work.

Judge

I'm on week 3 of DDP yoga and I can feel myself getting stronger.  My fiancee is doing it right beside me which is a great motivator.  She does like to yell at DDP to "shut the fuck up" while we're holding a broken table for 20 seconds, sometimes it makes me laugh and fall.

But any case I like doing this and want to continue it.

ToneCold

Not sure what was going on but just followed a nightshift at work with an hour of swimming... felt more awake after the swim (which I intended to tire me out) than I did on leaving work. Crashing a bit now though.

In other news: After the swim, went to get some new jeans for a thing at the weekend. 36s are now a proper comfortable fit, goodbye the 38s and 40s I WAS wearing.

Justin

Quote from: Duckman on February 25, 2015, 06:18:07 PM
Sorry if that annoys you or something.

Not at all I was just making mention of it cause I remember when you first posted about it (when you were drunk) that you said you would post constant updates.

J-Reb

My workout this morning:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:

5 Power cleans (135 lbs.)
10 Toes to Bar (while laying on the ground, you're holding a 45 lbs. bar up and basically doing a sit-up to bring your toes to the bar)
15 Wall Ball Squats (20 lbs. ball; you throw the ball up 10 ft. against the wall, catch it and squat, repeat).

30 minutes of Yoga

21-15-9 (Number of reps- first set is 21 reps, second is 15, third is 9)

Snatch (75lbs.; I'd never done this before...brutal).
Burpees
GHD situps (don't know how to describe these- here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqFzFhY08I)

I can no longer walk.