News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Official Transfer Thread

Started by Kenfucius, July 15, 2008, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Nélson Oliveira from Benfica to Swansea [Loan]
Eljero Elia from Bremen to Southamption [Loan]
Enzo Perez from Benfica to Valencia [22m]
Fernando Torres from Chelsea to Milan [3m]
Lukas Podolski from Arsenal to Inter [Loan]
Alessio Cerci from Ath. Madrid to Milan [Loan]
Mauro Zárate from West Ham to QPR [Loan]
Victor Valdes to Man U [Free]
Xherdan Shaqiri from Bayern to Inter [Loan]

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Oussama Assaidi from Liverpool to Al Ahli
Yaya Sanogo from Arsenal to Crystal Palace [Loan]
Wilfred Bony from Swansea to Man City
Jermaine Defoe from Toronto to Sunderland
Jozy Altidore from Sunderland to Toronto
Sebastian Giovinco from Juventus to Toronto
Andrej Kramaric from HNK to Leicester
Krystian Bielik from Warsaw to Arsenal

---

Honestly glad Defoe is gone...didnt want to be in the MLS anymore and TFC swapped a 32 year old for allocation money (salary cap in MLS) and a 24yr old striker PROVEN in the MLS and having great chemistry with our best player Michael Bradley in Jozy Altidore (both US internationals, Altidore has 12 goals in last 24 USA games)

Add in we landed Giovinco from Juventus who is a world class player and will arguably be the best playmaker in the MLS, and also close to signing Polish international CB Damien Perquis this offseason on free and not taking up a designated player spot is 100x better than the last off-season.

Rob

Bit let down by Sanogo but we're apparently very close to completing moves for Lee Chung-Yong from Bolton, Rudy Gestede from Blackburn and Matt Taylor from Swansea. All good players though we need to sell some as our squad is rather on the large side!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Final moves for us,

Jordan Mutch £4m
Wilfried Zaha £3.25m which considering we sold him for £10m to United... pretty good return
Lee Chung-Yong 725k
Pape Souare £2.5m
Shola Ameobi on a free. Only big WTF of the window but as I understand it's whilst he gets coaching stuff in order so he can join full time as a coach at the end of the season.

Good window from us, Mutch was probably one of Cardiff's star players last season and Chung-Yong despite joining with a slight hairline fracture has been a wonderful player for Bolton. The big one is obviously Zaha though, great to have him back at the team permanently!

Shame we missed out on loans for Lambert and Lennon but we've got enough strikers and wingers now.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

The most boring transfer window since they were introduced. Only one big name signing and I don't really understand why Chelsea even did it: it's not like they're short of attacking options. I also don't understand why other teams did so little (or nothing at all). Spurs still need a striker, Arsenal still need a DM, and Utd still need a defence. The biggest surprise was QPR doing almost nothing, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Chelsea basically swapped Schrulle for Cuadrado.....IMO both fantastic players but Cuadrado has very underrated defending where as Schrule was more of a striker than winger....nice to see Schrulle tho go to the only team in Germany that has any chance of upsetting Bayern for the title.

Palace singing Mutch was really good business....2 years ago Mutch was as hot a prospect as any for England.

Arsenal signing Gabriel was nice, lots of potential and much needed depth to CB, now they dont have to rush Chambers development, and Gabriel is very aggressive so should fit well is Koscienly gets hurt again.

But hey, nice that Toronto FC may have won the window regardless of league. Signed Giovinco in his prime, brought back Jozy Altidore who is a proven monster in the MLS, signed CB Perquis who is 1 year out from being a starting back in Polands national team and signing token old man Benoit Cheyrou from French League, who is a 4x Ligue 1 XI of the year player, and a year ago would have been one of the top signings in the MLS....is just a depth guy for our squad now.

Flins.

Disappointing window for Burnley. We made the loan of Michael Keane permanent, which is great. But we chose not to renew the loan of Chalobah, and didn't strengthen our midfield which is really lacking. We were in for Armstrong and Dorrans, but were outbid on both, Armstrong joined Celtic for £1.5mil and Dorrans was on the way to Norwich, the figure around the £3mil mark (or possibly included in an Olsson trade).

It's tough, do you credit the club for staying true to its structure? We don't have the financial structure to take risks and get relegated. At the same time though, I want us in the PL.

At least we didn't sell Ings.

Kirk

Apparently Harry was as surprised as I was that QPR did nothing...
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Some moves have already happened:

Sami Khedira from Real Madrid to Juventus
Danny Ings from Burnley to Liverpool
James Milner from City to Liverpool
Xavi from Barcelona to Iraq or someething
André Ayew from Marseille to Swansea
Pedro Obiang from Sampdoria to West Ham
Aleix from Sevilla to Barcelona
Paulo Dybala from Palermo to Juventus
Kevin Wimmer from Koln to Spurs

Rob

Silly season has started officially...

Palace rumous - Iker Casillas, Yohan Cabaye, Loic Remy...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Im here hoping Vidals DUI increases our chances of getting him

Cory

Petr Cech from Chelsea to Arsenal
Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton to Liverpool
Kieran Trippier from Burnley to Spurs
Dimitri Payet from Marseille to West Ham
Shinji Okazaki from Mainz to Leciester
Tyrone Mings from Ipswich to Bournemouth
Sylvain Distin from Everton to Bournemouth
Éder from Braga to Swansea City
Radamel Falcao from Monaco to Chelsea [Loan]
Paulinho from Spurs to Guangzhou
Mario Mandzukic from Ath. Madrid to Juventus
Geoffrey Kondogbia from Monaco to Inter
Roberto Pereyra from Udinese to Juventus
Radja Nainggolan from Cagliari to Roma
Douglas Costa from Shaktar to Bayern Munich
Luiz Adriano from Sharktar to Milan
Carlos Bacca from Sevilla to Milan
Miranda from Ath. Madrid to Inter

Cory

Memphis Depay from PSV to Man Utd
Lukas Podolski from Arsenal to Galatasaray
Nani from Man Utd to Fenerbahçe
Toby Alderweireld from Ath. Madrid to Spurs
Etienne Capoue from Spurs to Watford
Zakaria Bakkali from PSV to Valencia
Fernando from Shaktar to Sampdoria
Arda Turan from Ath. Madrid to Barcelona
Simone Zaza from Sassulo to Juventus
Montoya from Barcelona to Inter

Rob

Yohan Cabaye from PSG to Crystal Palace.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Matt Lowton from Villa to Burnley - £1mil ish.
Jelle Vossen from Genk to Burnley - £2.5mil ish.

Danny Ings from Burnley to Liverpool - (waiting on tribunal)
Kieren Trippier from Burnley to Tottenham - £3.5mil