News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Five Nights at Freddies

Started by Stoner, September 09, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319510/

So.  Its a cheap game(5 bucks) to start off with.  Most of the time you spend 5 bucks on a game you're thinking "I'll play it for a couple hours and then I'll beat it and on to the next game" or something, right?  Not this fucking game.

The premise is that you are a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.  If you've ever been to Chuck E. Cheeses, you know exactly what the place is.  If you've never been to one, its essentially an arcade for children where they serve pizza and have animatronic animals perform music for entertainment.

You are a night guard, unfortunately.  And, even more unfortunately, the animatronic animals that entertain the kids during the day are out to kill you at night.  You can keep an eye on them by using the various video cameras around the building.  And you can even keep them from getting in(usually)by closing the two doors that make up the security officer's room the entire game takes place in.  The bad part is that the steel doors, the lights outside them and the cameras you use all drain the precious precious energy reserves you have to make it from midnight to 6 AM.

Honestly it seems really silly, but there is an actual story line to the game you uncover by making it from night to night.  If you make it to night 6 or 7(not sure, haven't got it yet)you are actually able to set the difficulty of the animals from 1(easy) to 20(go fuck yourself).  Each animal has their own personality and ways of keeping them in check from time to time.  The crazy part is when they fucking catch you, as they tend to jump right into your screen with one of those loud shock-scare type screams with no purpose other than to piss you off.

If you like survival horror/puzzle games and can spare a few bucks, its worth your time.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on September 09, 2014, 11:33:35 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319510/

So.  Its a cheap game(5 bucks) to start off with.  Most of the time you spend 5 bucks on a game you're thinking "I'll play it for a couple hours and then I'll beat it and on to the next game" or something, right?  Not this fucking game.

The premise is that you are a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.  If you've ever been to Chuck E. Cheeses, you know exactly what the place is.  If you've never been to one, its essentially an arcade for children where they serve pizza and have animatronic animals perform music for entertainment.

You are a night guard, unfortunately.  And, even more unfortunately, the animatronic animals that entertain the kids during the day are out to kill you at night.  You can keep an eye on them by using the various video cameras around the building.  And you can even keep them from getting in(usually)by closing the two doors that make up the security officer's room the entire game takes place in.  The bad part is that the steel doors, the lights outside them and the cameras you use all drain the precious precious energy reserves you have to make it from midnight to 6 AM.

Honestly it seems really silly, but there is an actual story line to the game you uncover by making it from night to night.  If you make it to night 6 or 7(not sure, haven't got it yet)you are actually able to set the difficulty of the animals from 1(easy) to 20(go fuck yourself).  Each animal has their own personality and ways of keeping them in check from time to time.  The crazy part is when they fucking catch you, as they tend to jump right into your screen with one of those loud shock-scare type screams with no purpose other than to piss you off.

If you like survival horror/puzzle games and can spare a few bucks, its worth your time.

I don't know if you found it yet or not but there is a "easter egg" in the game that can be found on Night 1 and rarely on Night 3. If you check the camera in room 2b(the one with the Freddy poster) you may notice that the poster often changes from normal to distorted every few times when you check the camera in that room but sometimes it appears with a special gold Freddy, if you get that version of the poster when you check room 2b quickly go back to the security room for a special surprise. 

Stoner

I haven't got that particular easter egg yet.  I'll keep on the lookout for it now though.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on September 09, 2014, 11:56:21 AM
I haven't got that particular easter egg yet.  I'll keep on the lookout for it now though.

Cool, let me know when you found it. :-)

The TeeJ of Philly

Just bought this, I don't know if I'm prepared fully for what I'm gonna get, but yeah, looking forward to it.

Stoner

Its fun.  Its definitely a challenge, especially the further you get in.

Stoner

So this group called The Living Tombstone has made a trio of songs, one for each game.  They give a little insight into the story without revealing too terribly much.  The second and third are incredibly catchy, mostly because it doesn't use the digitized voice from the first song.  They're all really good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l18A5BOTlzE

Five Nights at Freddy's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk-aCL6eyGc

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 - "Its Been So Long"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AibtyCAhyQE

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 - "Die in a Fire"

Stoner

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND now this.

The TeeJ of Philly

Yeah, so got to night 2, 4 AM and the cameras go dead as I'm looking for the bunny (located the bird and freddie hadn't moved)

I know I'm fucked, go to hit the door and BOOM this fucker is in my face!

FUCK! I almost knocked out my dog reacting.

Stoner

There's a rhythm to it.  Once you find a comfortable groove it gets easier, until Night 5 where Freddy gets real.

Stoner

Stoner