2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Kieran King

I should clarify, that being assimilated is a more accurate description. The primary Maxis physical studio is being shut down, and other aspects of it are being incorporated into the larger EA company where it will continue to pump out games like it has for over the last decade. So in a sense, it is being shut down like Stern has said, but in a sense, it isn't.

Also, Tritch, The Sims is more mainstream than Dragon Age or Mass Effect. It's the seventh most successful video game franchise of all time (according to Wikipedia), and that's counting Mario and Super Mario as different franchies! Seriously, that shit has sold more than Sonic. Hell, even my boss, who does NOT play video games, has talked to me about how she used to love playing The Sims.

Tritch

Right, I didn't meant to imply that I don't consider it mainstream. But it is still a niche market that most gamers grow out of. It still has it's place in the market and I think it will continue to do well even with EA taking it over.

Perhaps I'm simply being argumentative because Mass Effect is my all-time favorite franchise and I don't want to think about it being tampered with lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Chris Stern

Quote from: Tritch on March 11, 2015, 10:46:26 AM
Right, I didn't meant to imply that I don't consider it mainstream. But it is still a niche market that most gamers grow out of. It still has it's place in the market and I think it will continue to do well even with EA taking it over.

Perhaps I'm simply being argumentative because Mass Effect is my all-time favorite franchise and I don't want to think about it being tampered with lol.

No one wants to see their favorite franchises fucked with especially by EA.. I am still trying to get over what they did to my beloved Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima franchises.. Syndicate was taken from a excellent cyber punk tactical squad based shooter where you run a evil corporation out to take over the world series to a bland generic FPS thanks to EA, Dungeon Keeper went from being this awesome Villian simulator were you built your own dungeon, recruit minons, set traps and kill stupid heroes who dare venture into your domain to well the same thing but as a freemium mobile game ala Simpson tap-out, clash of clans, ect. and Ultima went from the forefather of all RPGs and a series(well 4-7) based on actual morallity and exploring a vast fleshed out open ended world to a shitty freemium mmoRTS and as well as shitty free-to-play diablo clone.

Tritch

Honestly I was surprised to see that Mass Effect was getting another game. To be honest, I might actually thank EA for that. I believe Bioware had stated that they were going to stop with 3, but after reading this thread I went and looked and they have an untitled Mass Effect sequel in the works. I'm interested to see what they come up with, and hope they at least keep the Sheppard storyline closed as they had originally planned.

Admittedly I'm sure there are details out there on the internet but I don't generally get into researching stuff like that. I might now that I'm thinking about it though lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Black Death

Quote from: Tritch on March 11, 2015, 11:58:14 AM
Honestly I was surprised to see that Mass Effect was getting another game. To be honest, I might actually thank EA for that. I believe Bioware had stated that they were going to stop with 3, but after reading this thread I went and looked and they have an untitled Mass Effect sequel in the works. I'm interested to see what they come up with, and hope they at least keep the Sheppard storyline closed as they had originally planned.

Admittedly I'm sure there are details out there on the internet but I don't generally get into researching stuff like that. I might now that I'm thinking about it though lol.

Shepherd  storyline  is over . Not sure if this game takes place either before or after  but it in the same universe
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

It'll be after.  The artwork they have shown looks like technology has advanced.  Hopefully they have a way to reconcile all of the endings from 3 into the beginning of this one.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM