News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Need Tech Help and Advice

Started by Adam Wrong, March 24, 2010, 06:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

My laptop is old and slowly dying. I am easing is gently so I can finish my OHG rp and after that i dont know how long i can keep it running. Gonna try and get it repaired after OHG but for now I am looking at getting a new one. I see Note and Netbooks and they are lil bit cheaper and honestly cant see what the difference is between that and a laptop.

I need:

A form of word
The ability to use the internet
And music storage for my epic amount of music.

I don't play games really so what is the best for me?

Excaligore

Hmmm... I doubt that there's any computer out there within the past few years that can't sufficiently do the first two. If you get one that doesn't come with a free word you ca always use open office, as well.

As for an epic amount of music. How much is epic? I personally have 62 gigs of music, myself. Which is almost 12,000 songs(I have a lot compressed as WMAs to save space). I don't know, just get a big hardrive. I have no clue what is considered big at the moment but I think 100 gigs is considered smallish(not sure for a laptop, though), and that should be enough unless you're planning on storing a lot of video files.

Adam Wrong

no literally just music. I'm talking about 4000 songs
So is there essentially no difference between a netbook and a laptop?

Fnord

I have the same question and problem.  Hook a brotha up with some info, man.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

well i felt net book was built for surfing net and some lite work , but laptop more for music movies and games and office things , i think it would be best to buy what  can fit in your budget ,  but for music i go with laptop,  but I wait for judge to give you a better answer  he is the tech god  here .  
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Draeden

I use an ACER Aspire One and I've never looked back tbh (apart from when the HDD fried itself but hey ho), I cart it all over the house with me and use it for browsing and word processing. The tiny keyboard is surprisingly easy to get used to. 160gb HDD, USB/wifi/ethernet connectivity and two memory card slots are pretty handy too. £250 from Currys.

Screen resolution is only 1024x600 at most though, which is a cunt sometimes.

Can watch videos and stuff but games are pretty much out of the question for the most part.

Adam Wrong

games don't bother me to be honest drae but today i'm making my biggest efed related purchase. Found it in argos
Zoostorm 250gb with windows 7.
Integrated webcam, sound, graphics and wireless. And 1gb of ram. I'm so glad i have no idea what any of that is lol
Screen res is the same as yours. If you go on the website you can see it. It's one of the two 199 pound ones

Draeden

Careful dude, company that makes 'em is from Liverpool!