News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Hitman speaks out against Hogan and EB

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, December 02, 2010, 09:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

QuoteBret Hart has an interview up with the UK Sun that you can check out at http://www.thesun.co.uk/

In it, he talks about TNA and is critical of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, such as the following: "I think TNA is seen as a serious rival by WWE, but not by the actual wrestlers. TNA's more of a wrestling show than a company because of the lighter schedule. We all think that competition is better, but WWE normally stamps all over anybody that thinks about taking them on. TNA's reached out and got Eric Bischoff and Hogan � and that's where I'd take issue with their overall plan. They spent several years building their young stars and, like with what happened to me in WCW, I just sense they don't have enough brains between them to keep all the other guys going where they need to go. I fear TNA simply bought the names and they're going to get the same baloney we all did in WCW. No matter how old he is, or what kind of shape he's in, Hogan believes in his heart that he's the star of the show and he is wrestling. I don't think he gives a damn about anyone else. I'm one to talk considering how old I am, but I think I know my place in wrestling and I'm pretty careful about what I do. I can't even begin to imagine Hogan wrestling somebody like Samoa Joe, who is in his prime right now. I have a lot of friends there and I would never rule out working for the company. But I certainly never see myself there while Hogan or Bischoff are. I think I'd rather not put myself through that again."

So true. TNA still put on some great matches and is still entertaining, but for fucks sake, HH and EB are probably losing the show ratings. They've become bland and frankly, as a TNA fan they need to go. Earlier on I was semi-enjoying their stuff. Even after the PPV swerve (which they built up very well) but now, especially after watching that terrible thanks giving segment, they need to FUCK OFF!

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

Did JDM just say negative things about TNA??

Screencap.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: JackHondo on December 02, 2010, 09:38:03 AM

Did JDM just say negative things about TNA??

Screencap.

::)

Of course not :)

I said negative things about HH and EB :)

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Conor

Hogan and Bischoff are just the latest in a long history of problems TNA has. That problem is: they don't spend enough time getting their own guys over. Not every big name they hire is Kurt Angle (who, despite his physical difficulties and advancing age, still goes out there to make his opponent look good and has awesome matches.) It feels sometimes like ex-WWE and WCW stars go to TNA for an easy pay cheque or because they know they can get away with shit there that they never would have under WWE.

You use the stars to bump ratings and get the fresher names over. You can't just recycle the same thing again and again - WWE have been made painfully aware of this by declining Pay-Per-View buy rates. TNA's got to get out of that comfort zone. They proved they could capture people's attention before, all they have to do is hold it.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Token Irishman on December 02, 2010, 11:16:42 AM
Hogan and Bischoff are just the latest in a long history of problems TNA has. That problem is: they don't spend enough time getting their own guys over. Not every big name they hire is Kurt Angle (who, despite his physical difficulties and advancing age, still goes out there to make his opponent look good and has awesome matches.) It feels sometimes like ex-WWE and WCW stars go to TNA for an easy pay cheque or because they know they can get away with shit there that they never would have under WWE.

You use the stars to bump ratings and get the fresher names over. You can't just recycle the same thing again and again - WWE have been made painfully aware of this by declining Pay-Per-View buy rates. TNA's got to get out of that comfort zone. They proved they could capture people's attention before, all they have to do is hold it.

Actually yes, TNA started declining for me even before Hogan came to town. The whole Main Event Mafia angle killed it for me.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Drama Queen on December 02, 2010, 11:41:29 AM
Actually yes, TNA started declining for me even before Hogan came to town. The whole Main Event Mafia angle killed it for me.

There was a point where I was enjoying MEM. Things went down hill with that though when they were being too indecisive with some wrestlers roles.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Black Death

It started when they went away from there stengths , the x-division , the stacked woman's division. , even the six sided ring .  they stop being different and started to be like the other guy.  TNA still has good points , but those are few ...very few .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Hondo

Quote from: Black Death on December 03, 2010, 02:48:05 PM
It started when they went away from there stengths , the x-division , the stacked woman's division. , even the six sided ring .  they stop being different and started to be like the other guy.  TNA still has good points , but those are few ...very few .

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, Mr. Death. No matter how hard TNA tries, they're not going to out-Vince Vince. Won't happen. WCW pretty much proved that. TNA needs not to be a WWE competitor, but rather a WWE alternative. Much like ECW was an alternative to the global companies in the 90s.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on December 03, 2010, 02:48:05 PM

The moment Hogan and EB took over, it was dead to me. I was getting into it a little bit right before that but after they showed up, I've only watched maybe three episodes in a eleven months.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gary

Quote from: JackHondo on December 03, 2010, 03:46:54 PM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head, Mr. Death. No matter how hard TNA tries, they're not going to out-Vince Vince. Won't happen. WCW pretty much proved that. TNA needs not to be a WWE competitor, but rather a WWE alternative. Much like ECW was an alternative to the global companies in the 90s.

And what did WCW and WWF do when they saw ECW (a company that had a LOT less resources than they did?) they pillaged wrestlers and concepts. TNA should be doing that, making WWE do what TNA is doing instead its backwards..so why buy WWE light when we have the real deal?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.