This week's diamond in the rough

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, May 18, 2011, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

It seems like it's getting harder and harder to just find some really good quality professional wrestling among the mainstream companies right now, and in WWE in particularly trying to find a really good match is like trying to get blood from a stone, but every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

So, without further ado, Daniel Bryan vs. Sin Cara.

Discuss.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Thought it was a great match and a great advert for Smackdown wrestling. A really undervalued product by the core of WWE fans.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

I think whilst it was fantastic... They should've built this match up a bit more. I think a DB vs Sin Cara product is something fans will buy into, especially with a DB heel turn which is overdue now.

The match was great, but they did give it away too early. Here's hoping theres more in store for these two in the future
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob on May 18, 2011, 08:17:13 PM
I think whilst it was fantastic... They should've built this match up a bit more. I think a DB vs Sin Cara product is something fans will buy into, especially with a DB heel turn which is overdue now.

The match was great, but they did give it away too early. Here's hoping theres more in store for these two in the future

I'd also agree that it was given away and its disappointing it seems to be serving as fodder for the Chavo and Sin Cara feud. I just dont see how with WWE's current product they could have built and executed a feud here long term. The route of Sin Cara is give him match after match of opponents that WWE have no problem him going over to and then setting up effectively a Smackdown feud with a guy who hasn't featured as a legit wrestler for years now...mostly it seems to me because he is ALSO Mexican. I mean do the average fans really believe Chavo is going to beat Sin Cara when they eventually clash (by average fans I mean people outside of us) when the last "note worthy" thing I have seen Chavo involved in was the Edge family stable where he wrestled in a pig sty or something.

I have no idea either why Daniel Bryan seems in free fall...they missed a real trick with him. I personally hoped they'd have done a long term program with Wade Barrett...but apparently not.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jonny Worldbeater

Well, Daniel Bryan's been in freefall 'cause that 'ladies man' shit with the Bellas killed his heat. I don't think it did any irreparable damage to the guy that he couldn't recover from because of his talent in the ring, but it's like when then put the wig on Goldberg to try to give him more 'personality' and they completely fucked themselves 'cause nobody wanted Goldberg to be a jokey comedy goofball, then just wanted to see him kill fuckers.

Hondo

Do NOT turn Daniel Bryan heel.

I repeat...

DO NOT TURN DANIEL BRYAN HEEL!

Lower card heels in WWE = Jobbed from here to eternity

At least as a face he has at least a HOPE for a push.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

And as far as a feud with Chavo goes, I think it's one of the best moves they can make right now. At this stage of his WWE run, there are but a handful of guys who can work Sin Cara's style. Bryan, Primo, Chavo, Rey, maybe ADR. Maybe a few others, but the list is super short. As he progresses (and maybe learns a little English), he can work the WWE style better. Chavo will put him over like a champ as he gains valuable in-ring time. This feud's going to help him a lot.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

Chavo will really be proving his worth to WWE with this feud because it will do more for Sin Cara in terms of getting comfortable working the WWE style and being able to mix in his lucha style than working with anyone else.

Plus Chavo will put him over and make him look like a million bucks in the process. 

On this match itself it was the highlight of the wrestling week for me personally.  Nice to see Bryan getting some time to showcase what he can do.  You believe in him in the early parts when he's working over Cara's arm.  His facial expressions and the 'way' he cranks those moves - more realistic than anyone else in WWE today.  Sin Cara improves with every outing and he looked great here, nice and crisp with his moves and his selling was stronger than before too.

Would be nice if Bryan was given the chance to work a long term feud on SD with Sin Cara or anyone else being showcased but at the moment as long as every once in a while I get to see a glimpse of Brian Danielson in WWE then I'm happy.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Drama Queen

The match itself was great.

However the commentary was so one-sided that it makes me feel Bryan Daniels is going to be buried for a long, long time :(

Everything was about Sin Cara, and I'm not naive, it's how putting someone over works, but Cole doesn't even rag on Daniels anymore, I think he just casually mentioned his disdain once during the whole match-up.

Sam, Daniels may be allowed the odd occasion to shine much in the same way as Regal was over the course of his career... but it won't be anytime soon judging by that, is my bad feeling.