This is what I love about TNA fans and the new Ranking system!!!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, April 28, 2010, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

As you all know, TNA introduced a new ranking system for the title:

Eric Bischoff announced on iMPACT! that the new rankings system will be fans going to TNAWrestling.com and voting for who they feel is most deserving of a title shot.

I think it's a great chance for fans to get interactive  and vote the contender in! Awesome!!

And to prove that TNA fan's aren't idiots, look who is in the lead at this current time :)

Desmond Wolfe 27,347 votes 27%
Jeff Hardy 22,249 votes 22%
Mr. Anderson 12,280 votes 12%
The Pope 7,932 votes 8%
Sting 7,661 votes 8%
AJ Styles 7,422 votes 7%
Rob Terry 5,771 votes 6%
Kurt Angle 5,599 votes 5%
Jeff Jarrett 3,314 votes 3%
Abyss 2,497 votes 2%

Desmond Wolfe, a man I feared wouldn't get put up into the main event spot for a long time. He deserves it! and TNA fans agree!

Your thoughts guys?

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Fnord

Seems like an awesome idea if it's the truth.  Who's to say that they just don't alter the results...  :o

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

jagilki

Jennifer

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on April 28, 2010, 11:43:11 AM
If we assume they aren't altering results, then this list is kind of surprising. I would assume that in something like this, only faces should be getting votes.

Not all (hell I'd wager a large proportion) wrestling fans buy into kayfabe that much. Particularly where TNA is concerned, I'm pretty sure that their target audience contains a lot of the type of guy who isn't going to vote for a face over a heel just because they're the good guy. I mean, yeah they obviously boo and they cheer - but we're not the only guys who look beyond pure kayfabe alignment.

Plus, it was online, aren't the smart marks the guys who spend so much of their time on the internet discussing wrestling?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Sally Screw

Well of course they alter the results, it's wrestling. No matches are ever left in anyone's hands other than the booker's.  It's just another way for them to get peeps to visit the website and "think" they are a part of the show. Whoever "wins" the voting is whoever TNA had already planned to have in that particular storyline.

Didn't Cyber Sunday teach you anything?

Russ

Proof TNA fans aren't idiots:

Quote1. Desmond Wolfe 27,347 votes 27%

Proof TNA fans are idiots:

Quote2. Jeff Hardy 22,249 votes 22%
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

jagilki

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Gary

It is funny that Abyss, the most pushed guy as Hogan's "succesor" is dead last.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

jagilki

I'm lolling more at the fact that they usually get what?  10,000 viewers each week?  and look at the vote numbers.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Sally Twistybolt on April 28, 2010, 12:05:17 PM
Well of course they alter the results, it's wrestling. No matches are ever left in anyone's hands other than the booker's.  It's just another way for them to get peeps to visit the website and "think" they are a part of the show. Whoever "wins" the voting is whoever TNA had already planned to have in that particular storyline.

Didn't Cyber Sunday teach you anything?

Seeing as their most marketable performer is already the Champion it doesnt have to be fixed Sally...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

mind you.. Desmond Wolfe vs RVD is all kinds of awesomeness.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

Quote from: Gary on April 28, 2010, 01:38:57 PM
mind you.. Desmond Wolfe vs RVD is all kinds of awesomeness.

Yep.  As long as the build back Wolfe up - his push has stuttered badly in recent weeks, got lost in the shuffle a bit.  They get him the kind of heat he had against Angle - that match will be a classic.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

LMAO  @ fan voting

people actually think they have a say 

god bless there little hearts
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"