News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

*TNA Spoilers* Feb 3rd and Feb 10th (page 2)

Started by jagilki, January 31, 2011, 08:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

What is so dumb shit about them? It has definitely got more people interested and if they work the angle properly could give us some great things. Sure it isn't the greatest of angles, but it's Russo WTF do you expect? Through this angle I'll be more than happy if the young guys such as crimson, Kaz and Robert roode get good rubs and gain more prestige as wrestlers.

It's so useless to just dismiss something and be completely negative about the angle itself when you can look at the positives. Watch IMPACT :) lol

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

GM Franchise

Reading all of that actually made me not want to watch Impact, most notably the Kurt/Karen/Jarrett stuff. The ending of the show didn't sound too intriguing either. I'm not a fan of the Hardys or Anderson which probably is a factor as it relates to my feelings though to be honest.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gary

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 02, 2011, 07:32:33 PM
Wow...lol. The angle itself wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so based in reality.

Knowing Russo he's probably trying to convince them to actually do it in real life.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Gary on February 03, 2011, 02:54:40 AM
Knowing Russo he's probably trying to convince them to actually do it in real life.

Cause you know Vince Russo?

How do you know that Angle and Jarrett didn't WANT to do the storyline and it had nothing to do with Russo. I mean do you HONESTLY think that an angle so potentially sensitive was booked by Vince Russo and both Jarrett and Angle who have major standing in TNA agreed to it because it was done by the writer.

Please...

The angle does sound like it sucks balls and I agree with that, but its always Hogan, its always Bischoff and its ALWAYS Russo and as for Brad's comments I will cover them in my next blog.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Drama Queen

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on February 03, 2011, 12:26:46 AM
What is so dumb shit about them? It has definitely got more people interested and if they work the angle properly could give us some great things. Sure it isn't the greatest of angles, but it's Russo WTF do you expect? Through this angle I'll be more than happy if the young guys such as crimson, Kaz and Robert roode get good rubs and gain more prestige as wrestlers.

It's so useless to just dismiss something and be completely negative about the angle itself when you can look at the positives. Watch IMPACT :) lol

Regards,

JDM

What is so dumb shit about the Jarrett/ Angle angle?

You DO realise that they were actually married in real life right? And custody of Angle's kids is being brought into the storyline?

I am a parent. A divorced parent. A divorced parent who has had his complete cunt of an ex-wife threaten to sue me for custody whenever she doesn't get her own way.

The only goddamn thing I give a fuck about on this planet is my relationship with my kid.

So yes, I happen to find this angle highly fucking offensive and I really don't give a fuck who gets a rub off of this angle.

I understand that my feelings are very impartial on this, and it's not the first time such things have been involved in wrestling before.... but unlike Mysterio/Guerrero or Sandman/Raven this is involving a real fucking divorced couple.

THAT is what is such dumb shit about that angle and why I will not be tuning in to TNA despite the good things I have heard about the rest of their storylines.

Gary

Quote from: Trumpers on February 03, 2011, 04:39:38 AM
Cause you know Vince Russo?

How do you know that Angle and Jarrett didn't WANT to do the storyline and it had nothing to do with Russo. I mean do you HONESTLY think that an angle so potentially sensitive was booked by Vince Russo and both Jarrett and Angle who have major standing in TNA agreed to it because it was done by the writer.

Please...

The angle does sound like it sucks balls and I agree with that, but its always Hogan, its always Bischoff and its ALWAYS Russo and as for Brad's comments I will cover them in my next blog.

Because Russo has the history of doing semi-shoot angle before? Or don't you remember his run in WCW? And while I actually doubt Russo would actually try to convince them to do it in real life, but the guy has the track record of brining real life things into wrestling.

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Gary on February 03, 2011, 03:50:04 PM
Because Russo has the history of doing semi-shoot angle before? Or don't you remember his run in WCW? And while I actually doubt Russo would actually try to convince them to do it in real life, but the guy has the track record of brining real life things into wrestling.

I do not doubt his track record and the angle as a whole is cringe worthy and shit. However, I can't see him booking this. Angle and the Jarretts more than likely did given the gravity of its circumstances.

Gary

I don't even care about the angle itself, its the stipulation if Angle wins.

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Gary on February 03, 2011, 04:08:54 PM
I don't even care about the angle itself, its the stipulation if Angle wins.

Yep its fucking stupid as hell

Drama Queen

Quote from: Trumpers on February 03, 2011, 03:54:30 PM
I do not doubt his track record and the angle as a whole is cringe worthy and shit. However, I can't see him booking this. Angle and the Jarretts more than likely did given the gravity of its circumstances.

Given who the two people are... they have to be at least compliant in it if not the outright creators of it. Let's face it, nobody can force Kurt Angle to do something he is uncomfortable with and only to a very slight lesser extent Jarrett (not that he's on a par with Angle as far as most wrestling companies go, but in TNA I assume his name still means something).

And I have no idea why they would do it.

*shrug* maybe I over-reacted this morning, maybe it's no different than me role-playing about custody issues, maybe I'm just uncomfortable with the idea of people actually playing it out in public.

Alex Smiley

I pretty much agree with DQ on this, never really liked something like this playing out. Wasn't a fan of the Rey/Eddie bit, and I'm certainly not a fan of this. But it is what it is, I guess.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

for the record DQ.  JDM's comment was in regards to Triple B's comment about all the sudden heel/face turns being dumb shit.  not the Angle/Jarret thing.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on February 03, 2011, 07:14:13 PM
for the record DQ.  JDM's comment was in regards to Triple B's comment about all the sudden heel/face turns being dumb shit.  not the Angle/Jarret thing.

Oh. Sorry JDM, my bad.

Having said that I have been ranting for AGES about the overflow of face/heel turns and the consequential meaningless of them.... but this is not exclusive to TNA, the WWE are ridiculous at it as well.

But thank you for clearing that up my fellow Mexusican

Marq

And to be fair, DQ -- this massive alignment change was only done to make up for the bust with the Main Event Mafia. Revealing Anderson, Morgan, and all the other top babyfaces as the main members of "They" would've sucked 'cause we already KNOW they're against Immortal. Fortune, it's a twist, but I can see it working. And to TNA's credit -- the turn'll make sense for Styles, at least, who's been derided and denigrated by Bischoff/Flair for the last several weeks.

My questions is -- will they still be "Fortune" if they're not down with Flair? I know Flair wasn't at the tapings, but does this mean he's turning, too?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

Quote from: Marq on February 03, 2011, 07:31:38 PM
And to be fair, DQ -- this massive alignment change was only done to make up for the bust with the Main Event Mafia. Revealing Anderson, Morgan, and all the other top babyfaces as the main members of "They" would've sucked 'cause we already KNOW they're against Immortal. Fortune, it's a twist, but I can see it working. And to TNA's credit -- the turn'll make sense for Styles, at least, who's been derided and denigrated by Bischoff/Flair for the last several weeks.

My questions is -- will they still be "Fortune" if they're not down with Flair? I know Flair wasn't at the tapings, but does this mean he's turning, too?

Flair's injured now, so he probably wont be on for a while. I like the Styles turn, he is Mr. TNA and should be the company's top face.

[/center]