Zack Ryder = Ratings signs confiscated along with other Zack Ryder signs

Started by Smash INC, April 20, 2011, 12:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash INC

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/04/19/zack-ryder-ratings-sign-confiscated-iwantzackryder/

Just read about this and it is a damn shame since Ryder has turned into the best WWE guy not on TV through the YouTube videos.

Best get on Twitter and start #IWantZackRyder

Hondo

It's just another case of Vince only pushing the people he WANTS to push. He's always been somewhat stubborn about things like this, but this is an instance where he's taking things to the extreme.

This isn't 1999 anymore. Back then, it was a small cross section of the audience on the internet. But now, in 2011, dang near everyone's online. Almost everyone goes to look at Youtube videos. A lot of people are on Facebook and Twitter. And if their interests include wrestling High-Impact Soap Operas, then you better believe they'll follow a wrestler Superstar on Twitter, or fan his/her Facebook page. And they'll look up their themes/interviews/matches on Youtube. Sure, not all of them are looking at dirt sheets, but you don't have to visit one to see the Zack Ryder vids. All one needs is to go to one of the major internet sites to do so.

Personally, I think Vince is missing the boat here. I haven't seen any of the videos myself, but if they're garnering this much interest, why not exploit it? Make some cash off the deal, not just try to bury it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on April 20, 2011, 11:43:43 AM

Personally, I think Vince is missing the boat here. I haven't seen any of the videos myself, but if they're garnering this much interest, why not exploit it? Make some cash off the deal, not just try to bury it.

"This is WWE. This is a boat with Zack Ryder. This...is WWE, MISSING the boat with Zack Ryder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQoXvq64PU

See, if Matt Hardy could have been this inventive/creative with HIS videos, it wouldn't be as obvious he was just whining.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

We discuss this a lot on the new EFK podcast - coming soon!

Bryan Alverez of Figure Four Weekly posted this on the subject:

Just want to say something about Zach Ryder. Zach has a Youtube show that is very popular among Zach fans. In fact, his videos are being watched by approximately 10 times the number of people who are watching NXT on the official WWE Fan Nation Youtube page. I've also been told that people are, and this is a direct quote, "spamming the WWE facebook and twitter accounts for days now", hoping that this will "help the Ryder Revolution grow". What I'm about to say is probably going to be construed as something against Ryder, but it's not, and in fact he's kind of in a lose-lose situation here.

My advice is, stop doing this immediately if you're a Zach Ryder fan. If this was any other company maybe in the world, yes, all of this viral attention would probably serve him well. But this is WWE, and in almost EVERY case historically, if a guy gets over and it was not WWE's doing, then WWE has to prove that, in fact, he can't get over, and that he's really no good at all. There is a reason Bryan Danielson was given a new name and given Miz as his "mentor" on NXT. Same with Kaval and Laycool. Same with nearly every other guy who got over huge on the indy scene. You get over huge on the indy scene and it's WWE's "job" to prove that you are not, in fact, really any good at all, and if you do finally get over in WWE, like CM Punk, it's after a long period of having to suffer, do jobs, be booked in a ridiculous manner with ridiculous people, hear that you "can't work", etc.

So, long story short, bombarding WWE's Twitter and Facebook pages with Zach Ryder stuff is FAR more likely to backfire than it is to get him a push on Raw or Smackdown. In fact, quite frankly if you want Zach to get a minor push, your best bet is to have Dave or I write in the newsletter that Zach is on the verge of being released and will never be seen on Raw or Smackdown again, at which point he'll probably get a win on one or both shows the following week.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tezmission Black

Sooo, the only way people in the WWE get pushed outside of the WWE is if Figure Four says something about him getting released?

Let me think a moment, who was it who got Daniel Bryan back in the WWE? I mean really? If the fans had not bombarded the WWE with e-mails, Twittering, Facebooking, and whatever else saying they wanted him back the WWE prob would not of resigned him when his contract was back up.

I know Figure Four is a major publication but the ego on this guy is enormous.

Marq

Quote from: Allister Black on April 24, 2011, 01:50:38 PM
Sooo, the only way people in the WWE get pushed outside of the WWE is if Figure Four says something about him getting released?

Let me think a moment, who was it who got Daniel Bryan back in the WWE? I mean really? If the fans had not bombarded the WWE with e-mails, Twittering, Facebooking, and whatever else saying they wanted him back the WWE prob would not of resigned him when his contract was back up.

I know Figure Four is a major publication but the ego on this guy is enormous.

I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek, sir. What I got from that is that annoying the WWE into thinking they're wrong about pushing/de-pushing a worker is probably not the best way to go. Zach's essentially saying through his show that the WWE is wrong/stupid/etc. (doesn't matter if it's in-character), so having a ton of internet nerds spam the site and Facebook probably is more irritating that eye-opening. Remember that Daniel Bryan was getting full-on chants in the audience during ending segments of Raw. This is totally different. Stupid, and unjustified, but totally different.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"