News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Jeff Jarrett New Promotion?

Started by jagilki, January 06, 2014, 02:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Wild Speculation, but..

QuoteAs noted earlier, negotiations between TNA and Toby Keith, who was the main person looking to purchase the company, apparently fell through. Jeff Jarrett was expected to be a part of the promotion in a key role if the sale happened, due to his relationship with Keith. Shortly after talks between Keith and TNA fell through, Jarrett announced that he was parting ways with TNA.

On tonight's episode of his podcast, which you can listen to at MLW.com, Konnan said that he spoke with Jarrett and that Jarrett will be making an announcement this week about a new project. He said that Jarrett told him that TNA is in really bad shape, and that he doesn't know and doesn't care if they see through the year. Konnan then pretty much stated that Jarrett would be starting a new promotion with Keith.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0105/568943/jeff-jarrett-to-announce-new-promotion-with-toby-keith-this-week/#xW6Z20LMBQg0eBSS.99

Chris Stern

i think the question on mosts minds are will it have midget's jacking off in garbage cans?

what I can not be the only one?

Hondo

Quote from: Chris Stern on January 06, 2014, 08:12:14 AM
i think the question on mosts minds are will it have midget's jacking off in garbage cans?

what I can not be the only one?

This. Well, sorta.

I wasn't necessarily thinking about the masturbating midget, but I was remembering back to the earliest days of TNA, when Jarrett had all the power. And it just wasn't that good. So I'm not exactly over the moon with the news. But hey, I sincerely hope it's a success if it happens. Vince needs someone at least nipping at his heels so he'll start listening to the fans again.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Chris Stern

Quote from: JackHondo on January 06, 2014, 08:46:06 AM
This. Well, sorta.

I wasn't necessarily thinking about the masturbating midget, but I was remembering back to the earliest days of TNA, when Jarrett had all the power. And it just wasn't that good. So I'm not exactly over the moon with the news.
-snip-

that was what i was alluding to, given Jarrett's previous history when he was in charge or given any kind of power for that matter, usually ended up with meh to awful results I can't bring myself to have the highest of hopes for this endeavour should it be true and to be honest as much as I would love to see some real competition to WWE, i doubt we will ever see it from Jarrett.

GM Franchise

Red Solo Cup Wrestling, coming to a county fairground near you.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

jagilki

Most likely nothing, but a snippit from a JR Blog

QuoteEnjoyed visiting with my Okie friend Toby Keith in NOLA as we stayed at the same hotel for the Sugar Bowl and had dinner together Wednesday night. We talked a little pro wrestling business and philosophy as Toby is a fan and a very successful business man to go along with his amazing singing career.

Black Death

If Toby was smart he would be trying to pick JR brain and get some pointers if he serious about getting into the business
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Hondo

Quote from: Black Death on January 06, 2014, 11:16:28 AM
If Toby was smart he would be trying to pick JR brain and get some pointers if he serious about getting into the business give him everything he ever wanted in the world (whether it be money, women or  smoked meats) to come be the creative mind behind his new venture, because it may be the only chance it stands on being successful.

Fixed.

Although, question. I know Vince has kind of a strained relationship with Double J. I wonder how he and JR get along?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kise

Not gon lie, the old TNA was better than the current TNA. I would gladly pay that 10 bucks every Wednesday to watch. Year 5-6 is when the quality went down. I didn't watch much when Hogan and Bischoff were around but I'm pretty sure they were low points for the company.

I don't know if Jarrett can get another quality roster going but I wish him the best.

Crazy Kyd

If Jarrett gets a new promotion off the ground, I'm sold. I only started watching when they were on FSN but those years were incredible. While it is annoying to see Jarrett with all the power, I'd rather watch those TNA years again than the stuff currently.

Alex Smiley

All Wheels Wrestling finally gets off the ground.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.