NFL Debate #75: Winston vs Mariota

Started by Cory, February 17, 2015, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on February 18, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
I get it and im not saying I disagree. I'm just perturbed at how the media crucified him and he really didn't steal them. But you also have to remember these are 18, 19, 20 year old college students.

Who are about to become multimillionaires.  If at 18-19-20 years old, you're unable to decipher when to refuse a handout (or "stolen" crablegs), knowing you're about to become filthy rich, I don't want you being the quarterback of my team. 

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on February 18, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
I get it and im not saying I disagree. I'm just perturbed at how the media crucified him and he really didn't steal them. But you also have to remember these are 18, 19, 20 year old college students.

They're 18-20 years old but that doesn't mean they should get a pass for not having common sense.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: Jack on February 18, 2015, 11:19:02 PM
I'm with Justin.

Man, if I was 19 years old (or whatever Winston is) and I was the king of an awesome school in an awesome place like Florida...I'd take free crab legs also. I'd take any and every perk that came with being an undefeated QB and National Champion. (well...until the end...but he's been good since then :) )

I don't know anyone else' age or situation here...but I know plenty of people who are smart and successful today that made way stupider decisions in college at that age.

From what I understand (and admittedly I'm not a college football guy) he's a very smart guy with tons of talent. Crazy to think that him acting like a 19 year old when he's a 19 year old is this big of a deal.

Agreed, but to not say he was given them and to take the hit so he didnt rat his boy out....incredibly stupid.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Cory on February 19, 2015, 12:01:27 AM
Agreed, but to not say he was given them and to take the hit so he didnt rat his boy out....incredibly stupid.

If you really think about it, it was incredibly smart.  Why throw your friend under the bus and cost him his job and all that when you can take the heat, which is nothing compared to the allegations he had already put on him, and know you're going to get away with a slap on the hand?  Sure he would get dinged publicly, but by that time his name was already rolled around in the mud.  He was the defending Heisman winner and the QB of the defending National Champions.  He wasn't going to get in serious trouble for walking out with a $30 bag of crab legs.

The TeeJ of Philly

If he had given up his contact it would have been a violation of NCAA he got benefits for being a college athlete. Therefore he had been subject to a suspension. Either way was a lose lose for him.

I think it's Winston because people will expect too much from Mariota and he'll get deemed a bust.