News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #77: Who gets Mariota?

Started by Cory, April 24, 2015, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Go.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Re: Philadelphia

Alright here's what been bothering me. All of the alleged pieces that could be moved (aside from Mathis) be it Boykin, Cox, Kendricks, Bradford all have signs that Philly is willing to move on from said players and all 4 of those guys will yield some decent return.

Boykin is a excellent player who will never be given a shot here (echoed today by Marynowitz statement about players size) and could be valued anywhere from 3-4th round pick.

Bradford has had that Browns 19th pick valuation, and by the lack of renegotiating his contract or extension as of now, its not idiotic to assume he may not be in their plans. If trading Foles and that incomprehensible '16 2nd rounder for Bradford, thinking hes Chips franchise QB I think they'd have hammered out a new deal by now.

Kendricks is probably my favorite Eagle, but with Kiko here and Chips crush on Mufasa, I think its fair to assume we can toss him in the "well there goes another jersey" pile. On a normal team odds say he'd have a new deal already or being worked on. An excellent player who still hasn't fully reached all his potential, a solid 2nd round grade on Kendricks here.

Now the situation with Cox is whats making me think the above mentioned, as well as our top defensive player are all chips on poker table now. How hasn't this guys 5th year option been picked up yet? Under 8m for a top 5 3-4 DE should have been done immediately....yet there's zero news to report on this matter. Cox is easily as valuable as a 1st round pick.

I think Philadelphia needs a franchise QB above all to improve. In my opinion Marcus Mariota gives us a MUCH better chance than Sam Bradford ever would, and for 1/10th of the price for the first 4 years. I've been comfortable with the Bradford + 20 move since Bradford was traded here, but its becoming more and more clear not only will it cost more than that, but Chip will get what he wants.

Assuming the players I mentioned above are trading chips;

Boykin and Bradford are easy to move on from. I love BoyKING, he'll just never get the proper chance here which is a shame. He'd leave for free agency anyways in a year so he's as good as gone. Bradford is pointless if we have Mariota so that's easy enough, plus rumors saying he doesnt think he'll be in Philly come week 1.

Kendricks will be a tough loss but in Chips words "You gotta give something to get something". 20 and Bradford for Mariota isn't that tempting, but a young LB with pro bowl potential sweetens the deal. Plus, he could struggle to find a role this season if Kiko and Ryans at full health are locked in at the starters. Kendricks COULD end up in a Brandon Graham type role and if that's how Chip visions it I can accept it.

Cox is obviously where I draw the line and think immediately nope, no deal. Roll with Bradford and get a corner/safety. Cox is the best d-lineman we've had since...well R.I.P and has only gotten better in the system. However I can also see how the drop from a Cox/Logan/Thornton to a Logan/Allen/Thornton front be a gamble Chip is willing to take to get his golden child.

Just seeing that idiot Shorr-Parks say this over and over on twitter got me trying to think like a insane football maniac, to replicate what must go on inside Chips head. If someone on the other end is dealing, he could see 20, Bradford and these 3 Andy Reid guys who in his mind are replaceable and get us Chip Kellys franchise QB.

Gravedigger

San Diego. They trade Rivers for #2 with Tennessee and pick Mariota. Word is Rivers doesn't want to play in LA, so Chargers get a new QB and Tennessee gets a quality guy who can help now.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 24, 2015, 11:13:04 PM
San Diego. They trade Rivers for #2 with Tennessee and pick Mariota. Word is Rivers doesn't want to play in LA, so Chargers get a new QB and Tennessee gets a quality guy who can help now.

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 24, 2015, 11:13:04 PM

Nope

Gravedigger

Not saying I'd make the deal Panch, but it could happen.

¿PapaPancho?

Gravedigger

He doesn't want to play in LA, won't sign a contract extension with one year left on his deal, and they worked out Mariotta in Oregon...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 25, 2015, 09:03:48 AM
He doesn't want to play in LA, won't sign a contract extension with one year left on his deal, and they worked out Mariotta in Oregon...

The LA part is accurate going by what I've read on the matter and they did do a work out with Mariota do there is definitely something to this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 25, 2015, 09:03:48 AM

Its all posture for negotiating a contract. He doesnt want to move 2 hours away but will move across the damn country?

Cory

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 25, 2015, 02:12:30 PM
Its all posture for negotiating a contract. He doesnt want to move 2 hours away but will move across the damn country?

this.

T-Bonizzle

something something LA is a bad city something LA doesn't allow homeschooled children something something he's from Tennessee

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: T-Probst on April 25, 2015, 02:42:12 PM
something something LA is a bad city something LA doesn't allow homeschooled children something something he's from Tennessee

His famiky doesn't have to move. He does. Just negotiate the chargers pay for a ptivate flight that will be 30 mins at most.

Justin

He will be Dennis Dixon reincarnated.