Ronda Rousey: I could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez

Started by Midas, November 13, 2013, 01:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Ronda Rousey: I could beat heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/11/13/Ronda-Rousey-I-could-beat-heavyweight-champ-Cain-Velasquez/6901384357713/

QuoteNov. 13 (UPI) -- Ronda Rousey has thrown her name in the ring as the next to beat UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

"Rowdy" Rousey, 26, has talked before about beating Velasquez, who is one of the strongest men in the world and arguably the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time. Rousey said that if given the opportunity, she could beat him in a fight.

"In any given moment, under the right circumstance, I think it is possible," said Rousey, the UFC women's bantamweight champion.

Quote"You cannot tell me that it is physically impossible. It is possible that in any given moment, I could beat him.
"I always believe in my possibilities."

Rousey has had a good year for possibilities: Since January, she has debuted in the UFC, appeared on the cover of ESPN: The Magazine and cast in Fast & Furious 7 and The Expendables 3.

She is essentially undefeated since she started fighting, and was the first woman from the U.S. to medal in judo. She is credited with getting women featured in the UFC -- even changing the mind of UFC president Dana White, who had once said women would never fight in the organization.

With Velasquez weighing nearly 100 pounds more than she does, Rousey should have a hard time beating him.

But Rousey said she is married to her sport and plans to improve.

"My rivals think that they know what I'm going to do, but they don't. Every armbar in my fights is different, and has a different preparation.

"When a golfer hits a ball, they see the movement of the shot -- but they don't think about the swing, the move before. And there you have the key -- the first movement."

So yeah... Um... I just don't know what to say about this...

Cory

Im a fan of Ronda, but shes clearly just trying to get attention with this one.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ty

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

I have no problem with this ... because you as an fighter are suppose to believe that you can beat anyone no matter what.

Also after  reading the article she said under the right circumstance  it possible and truth it is possible , but she never said yeah  , I am better than him and I want to fight him and I will beat him.

It her answering a question that a reporter ask her and writer spinning it into a story.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

I hate Ronda Rousey. The way she's portrayed on the Ultimate Fighter makes her look like a whiny little 10 year-old bitch. She would say something like that and I think Velasquez should punch her in the face and knock her out to shut her up.

~~End Rant.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Dorling

My opinion of her has certainly taken a turn for the worse while watching TUF. Her personality however does explain why she is the best at what she does. She very, very focussed on herself and builds her opponents up to be something hates and wants to destroy.

I am safe in the knowledge that she could likely tear out my still beating heart and feed it to me for breakfast, however.

Jon

Quote from: Fnord on November 13, 2013, 05:44:57 PM
I hate Ronda Rousey. The way she's portrayed on the Ultimate Fighter makes her look like a whiny little 10 year-old bitch. She would say something like that and I think Velasquez should punch her in the face and knock her out to shut her up.

~~End Rant.

I don't hate her at all. She makes tuning into the Ultimate Fighter a bit more appealing. She's portrayed like that for a reason. It equals ratings. I like the competitiveness and cockiness. I love the constant jabs between her and Tate. It has me excited for their rematch in December.

Fnord

Except Team Tate does pranks and makes fun of Team Rousey, while Team Rosey all cry like little girls.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Jon

Quote from: Fnord on November 13, 2013, 05:55:47 PM
Except Team Tate does pranks and makes fun of Team Rousey, while Team Rosey all cry like little girls.

That's the thing about Ronda Rousey though. She isn't a coach because she wants to outprank the other coach. She is there because she wants to teach young and upcoming fighters and she wants to win. Plain and simple. While she can look like a whiny bitch... at the end of the day, it''s her opponents that are whining and tapping on the mat.

She is perceived as the good "bad guy" and I think it's brilliant work by the UFC.

Cory

Quote from: Jon on November 13, 2013, 06:00:38 PM
That's the thing about Ronda Rousey though. She isn't a coach because she wants to outprank the other coach. She is there because she wants to teach young and upcoming fighters and she wants to win. Plain and simple. While she can look like a whiny bitch... at the end of the day, it''s her opponents that are whining and tapping on the mat.

She is perceived as the good "bad guy" and I think it's brilliant work by the UFC.

This.

Cory

...btw loving the activity here in the MMA forum guys, keep it up!

Midas

Quote from: Black Death on November 13, 2013, 03:35:10 PM
I have no problem with this ... because you as an fighter are suppose to believe that you can beat anyone no matter what.

Also after  reading the article she said under the right circumstance  it possible and truth it is possible , but she never said yeah  , I am better than him and I want to fight him and I will beat him.

It her answering a question that a reporter ask her and writer spinning it into a story.

I thought of this also but then I thought that there is a difference between thinking you can beat anyone and just being plain stupid and insane...

I believe she would fuck me up and I believe this because she is a trained fighter who would use my inexperience to her advantage and destroy me... If I came out and said "I could be her because I have confidence in myself" others would laugh and mock me saying that she would destroy me because the facts are there and she is trained and has proven that my weight advantage would be nothing to combat her skills...

Cain is trained just like her and has fought as much as her if not more... While it is cool to be confident in yourself it is also insane to honestly think that you could take on the HW champ and beat him regardless of the circumstances...  But yet it is possible this was twisted but based on what I have seen on TUF I think she is pulling that cocky card and drinking her own kool aid...

Quote from: Fnord on November 13, 2013, 05:44:57 PM

~~End Rant.

I don't hate Rousey but I am no longer a fan of her... The first episode that aired she proved that she has zero social skills and does not know how to properly handle situations... Dana replaced the other coach with Tate and when Tate arrived Rousey went ape shit when Tate simply said "You have to ask Dana why I am here"... I mean the way she reacted was like a spoiled brat who was not getting her way and proved what Fnord just said... A PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER... Look at the key work Professional... Would have said "Okay no prob" then waited for Dana to arrive and pulled him to the side and been like "What's up? Am I out of the season?" but she didn't do that and Dana gave her a pass because she is Rousey...

This entire season she has proven to be unprofessional.... You guys can call it what you want but she demands respect and if she doesn't get it she throws a temper tantrum and she gives no respect to others like Tate based on bullshit reasons... Yeah I hear you... You two are going to fight and there is some bad blood and all that shit but this isn't the first season of TUF and while you don't have to like her you should treat Tate the way you want to be treated but since day one she went into "Tate is my opponent and I have to hate her" MODE...

Quote from: Jon on November 13, 2013, 05:51:15 PM
I don't hate her at all. She makes tuning into the Ultimate Fighter a bit more appealing. She's portrayed like that for a reason. It equals ratings. I like the competitiveness and cockiness. I love the constant jabs between her and Tate. It has me excited for their rematch in December.

This is true... I think that a fan either accepts it for exciting TV and does not chance their opinion of her at all then others basically say 'Fuck this bitch" and begin to root for her to fail...

Quote from: Jon on November 13, 2013, 06:00:38 PM

I don't know this kind of implies to me that those coaches in the past who have pranked each other in the past are not as focused and you have to be above pranks in order to be a great coach...

People can twist this all they want but truth is that Rousey likes to push buttons (Example: Her walking into the training room at exactly what time her team was suppose to start and kicking out Team Tate) but when her buttons are pushed she gets all pissy and tries to make the other person seem like a fool... She can't take a joke and more importantly she cannot take it when a person pisses her off because she does not have the skills to handle it...

Quote from: Cory on November 13, 2013, 07:06:04 PM
...btw loving the activity here in the MMA forum guys, keep it up!

I have decided to become the Fnord of the MMA world and post articles each day pertaining to MMA... It is like Wake up, Brush Teeth, Shit, Shower & post MMA story.... Sometimes I get a little wild and post a story while taking a shit... I AM WILD AND CRAZY!

Fnord

See, Midas can say what I'm thinking better than I can. Oh and can you specify which are your "Taking a shit" Posts so I can avoid them. Eww.

Midas

Quote from: Fnord on November 13, 2013, 07:54:02 PM
See, Midas can say what I'm thinking better than I can. Oh and can you specify which are your "Taking a shit" Posts so I can avoid them. Eww.

So I guess no more talking on Facebook?