News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012 Pro Bowl

Started by Cory, December 27, 2011, 11:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters

Rosters are up. Discuss this really meaningless game.

AFC

How in the fuck did Rivers make the pro bowl, let alone over Andy Dalton? A.J Green made the pro bowl, but not the fantastic rookie having as an exceptional rookie season as any QB in history. Rivers has been awful this season, been an INT machine. Probably one of the worst nods in recent history, and easily the worst of this years game.

I believe Ray Lewis should be off the list for DaQwell Jackson of the Browns whose had an unreal year for the struggling team. The fact that Lewis made it off reputation alone shows just how meaningless this game is.

NFC

**Shout outs to McCoy, Babin, and Peters making it for the Iggles**

Like what many media guys are saying, I think Frank Gore should be replaced with BEAST MODE Marshawn Lynch. Lynch has been playing his best season of football, and Frank Gore has been very hot/cold all year long.

I Think Victor Cruz/Jordy Nelson should be here insted of Fitzgerald whose had a average year, again though a popularity contest.

Another case would be Urlacher making the list over London Fletcher.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Two that stand out for me are Hernandez on the Patriots and Matthew Stafford of the Lions.

Urlacher 100 percent should be a Pro Bowler this year. His tackle numbers have been solid on a team which also has Lance Briggs and he has also picked three passes this year as well, despite the fact the man makes big plays.

I actually picked Gore as one of the main reasons (hence his MVP nod) on why the 49ers were successful this year. He is 4th in the NFL in rushing and is the only proper offensive threat in my opinion the niners have. He should also be there.

Ray Lewis is there because of reputation I agree 100 percent, but thats the problem with these things...on that note the fact people were ACTUALLY debating whether Tebow should go or not (including article on NFL.com) just shows how stupid the nods can be sometimes.

My favourite nod of this year is Charles 'Peanut' Tillman...however you dice it the guy has been a tremendous player for Chicago and if you want to call it a 'thank you' nod then I am fine with that.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

This fan voting, right? So of course the popular names are going to make it over the more deserving ones.

Snubs for me are as follows:

NFC
QB: Stafford - (Replace Manning)
RB: Lynch - (Replace Forte)
WR: Cruz/or/Nelson - (Replace Jennings)
DL: Avril/or/Long - (Replace Raji)
LB: London Fletcher (Replace Matthews)

AFC
RB: Jackson (Replace Foster)
TE: Hernandez (Replace Gates)
DL: Kelly (Replace Seymour)
LB: Jackson (Replace Lewis)
DB: Flowers (Replace Joseph)

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Antonio Gates should be nowhere near the Pro Bowl. He's had a mediocre season AT BEST. Hernandez, in the shadow of the Gronk, has superior numbers as do a few other tight ends. Also Victor Cruz got robbed. He's top 5 in the league in receiving yards but not in the pro bowl? Preposterous.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

I don't understand how in the world London Fletcher gets left off the ProBowl. Urlacher nor Willis hold a candle to his stats this year.

Talon

I was Hoping Cam would get in, just because once Rogers is in the SB, Stafford will replace him, and I thought Cam deserved the nod for the ubber rookie season, silencing all the guys who said he wouldn't adapt to the NFL.

Most Rushing TDs by any QB in history
Most touchdowns by a rookie at any position
Most Passing yards by a rookie
(107 yards shy of being the first Rookie to pass for 4,000 yards)
took a team that was 2-14 last season and without any major additions to the roster turned them into a 6 win team (so far) that had 5 games decided by less than a touchdown.

Newton's presence has added 13.6 points a game to the offense as well.

He'll get there if anyone drops out for injury (and one of the three goes to the SB), but I'd have liked to see him make the initial roster.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: DnK on December 28, 2011, 02:36:04 PM
This fan voting, right? So of course the popular names are going to make it over the more deserving ones.

Snubs for me are as follows:

NFC
QB: Stafford - (Replace Manning)
RB: Lynch - (Replace Forte)
WR: Cruz/or/Nelson - (Replace Jennings)
DL: Avril/or/Long - (Replace Raji)
LB: London Fletcher (Replace Matthews)

AFC
RB: Jackson (Replace Foster)
TE: Hernandez (Replace Gates)
DL: Kelly (Replace Seymour)
LB: Jackson (Replace Lewis)
DB: Flowers (Replace Joseph)

I like most of these. However, I wouldn't replace Foster because he's like top 5 or 10 in the league in rushing yards and he's missed so many games if he had been healthy all season he'd be #1 league rusher.

Sure glad Joe Thomas got in again. He totally deserves it. Especially since the other side of the Browns offensive line can't protect fucking shit.

Cory

^^
Hasnt Thomas made the pro bowl every year hes been in the league?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Cory on December 28, 2011, 10:54:33 PM
^^

He protects the blindside of our right handed QBs well every year. Now if we only had someone to protect the front side...or at least be able to just say the word QB instead of being unsure who it is each year.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on December 28, 2011, 10:54:33 PM
^^

Yep.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors