News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013 NFL Draft Thread/WAR ROOM

Started by Cory, April 20, 2013, 07:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Who you got?

As long as Philly doesnt go O-line outside of Luke Joeckel if he falls, I think we go Geno Smith or Dion Jordan. We don't need to use that high a pick on o-line...when healthy (and I guess after evaluation the best LT in the game Peters post-injury) we have a very solid o-line. Peters, Mathis are pro bowl players. Kelce and Herremans are above average....Watkins sucks but we can improve here in the 3-4th round.

We need optimism, and much like Kelly will be boom or bust, so with Smith. For the first 8 weeks last season, Smith looked like a lock #1 pick, and then the entire WVU team went to shit, not just Smith.

We know hes accurate, good arm strength, and a 4.6 forty...he can play Kellys system. 6'3, 220lbs....RG3 build. I think RG3 is a far better athlete, but Smith has better mechanics.

This ultimately will only work out if we can get something for Vick come draft day. No way we're taking a QB @ 4 and keeping a guy with a 8m salary. Dion Jordan is one of Kellys guys from oregon.....I didnt hear much from his last season...and he did just come off an injury...but people are comparing him to Aldon Smith....cant be a bad thing.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Defense for the Browns.

If we stay at 6, give me Dee Milliner

If we trade down, then Mingo or a pass rusher.

Scrap the QB talk. No one is going to be THAT MUCH BETTER than Weeden so give him a year in the new system and if he sucks, draft a QB next year from what will likely be a better class to choose from.

T-Bonizzle

Well it's simple. Our offense is really good. Maybe we need another big tough receiver to replace Boldin, but I think Pitta can really take over his role and Jones and Smith are two good deep threats. I'm hoping we can get another franchise defensive player. Our defense lost a lot over the off-season and I'm not sold on the new look defense yet. We need a new sack machine, and a new interception machine.

Mike Powers

Everything.  We need everything.

Its my luck that the year my Chiefs get the #1 overall pick, is the year where we have one of the weakest draft classes of the last 20 years.

GM Franchise

Chargers already got rid of Norv Turner and AJ Smith. Those were their biggest problems. It can only go up from here.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

It's looking like the Bengals will go for a safety, linebacker, running back and/or right tackle in the first three rounds.  They've got four picks to do it with. The first pick at #21 will most likely be one of the first-round safeties (Vaccaro, Reid, Cyprien and Elam, probably in that order), since the only linebacker available there is Te'o and they don't want him.

At #37 there are a lot of good, versatile tackles, and will probably take one there unless Eddie Lacy is available there (which he probably would be). I myself would take a tackle like Menelik Watson from Kyle Long from Oregon and get a running back like Jonathan Franklin from UCLA at #53. Besides, Franklin's a better compliment to The Law Firm than Eddie Lacy.

They'll probably have to take their linebacker at #84, but with James Harrison being a temporary stopgap, they can afford to take a risk here if they wanted. Maybe Khaseem Greene from Rutgers? Rumor also says they may take another wideout here, or maybe even a corner. I keep hearing they want to take a chance of former Tennessee receiver Da'Rick Rogers, they might do it here. The Bengals aren't afraid to take risks on players. Sometimes it pays off (Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry, Pacman Jones), other times not (Odell Thurman, Terrell Owens).

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I have a feeling the Bears have dumped my personal hero for a guy with a fake girlfriend on the internet...

So yeah...Urlacher out and an ewrestling in! BOOOOO!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Hondo

It's interesting that now, here in the eleventh hour, the first pick will probably end up being Eric Fischer instead of Luke Joeckel.

Also hearing some rumors that the Chargers are going to trade into the Top 5 and take one of the O-Linemen, possible Joeckel. If that's the case, I'd be willing to be that the Raiders would be the trade partner.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Philly rumoured to now get Lane Johnson....great...another 1st round pick on a freak athlete project o-lineman.

Why cant we ever take the safe bet? I believe in Chip to make a good pick tho.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

Kansas City is now saying that they could possibly trade out of #1.

Interesting.

Could THEY be the Chargers' dance partner?

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Chargers need all the help they can get after the Norv Turner Era, lol.

GM Franchise