News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2013 NFL Draft Thread/WAR ROOM

Started by Cory, April 20, 2013, 07:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Just me watching? Why is no one else shoutboxing?

GM Franchise

It looks like it's just me, you, and Midas.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Good news Cory! Lane Johnson is now the best QB on the Eagles roster!

GM Franchise

Cory

Just got back from the bar... quick notes:

- Johnson is the athletic freak in the draft, perfect for Kellys offense but a really green offensive lineman. Its good in a way because he'll be much easier to learn RT....but also a little too risky for me. Would have much rather Milliner at 4....but well see how Johnson pans out.

- EJ Manuel ladies and gentleman. Was hoping Philly was gonna get him in the 2nd...now we should have the chance to get Geno Smith...but shocker there.

- Raiders at 3 (should get Sharrif Floyd) trade down to 13....Floyd is still there a perfect fit and they draft the "who" of the draft.

- LOL @ Cowboys and Giants picks. Hahahahaha.

- No Teo either

- Elam to the Ravens, Elam & Swope (WR, A&M) are my steals of the draft, Ravens got their replacement for Ed Reed here.

Cant wait for tommorow, the strength of this draft is in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

You should be excited about Johnson though Cory, he's instantly the best QB on the team now.

Justin

EJ Manuel is the best QB in the draft.  Behind the Gamecocks the Seminoles are my favorite college team so I'm glad to see him get picked in the first round and be the first quarterback.  Proves my point all along that Geno Smith ain't shit.

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on April 26, 2013, 08:49:41 AM
EJ Manuel is the best QB in the draft.  Behind the Gamecocks the Seminoles are my favorite college team so I'm glad to see him get picked in the first round and be the first quarterback.  Proves my point all along that Geno Smith ain't shit.

The fact he went before Smith or Barkley or Nassib or even Glennon doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that he went a full round and a half sooner than he should. He wasn't on ANYONE's radar that early. Good or not, he wasn't going any sooner than the mid-2nd round at best.

Think, if they really wanted Manuel, they could have done SO MANY THINGS with that first round pick. They could have traded down again and gotten more picks. They could have gotten a future weapon in Tyler Eifert or Justin Hunter. They could have gotten a blue-chip DT in Sharrif Floyd who inexplicably dropped to the 20's. They could have gotten Desmond Trufant, or Bjoern Werner or Datone Jones or Eddie Lacy or Matt Elam or Alec Ogletree or Cordarrelle Patterson. And yet, they reached WAY FAR and missed out on another contributor.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: JackHondo on April 26, 2013, 09:36:54 AM
The fact he went before Smith or Barkley or Nassib or even Glennon doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that he went a full round and a half sooner than he should. He wasn't on ANYONE's radar that early. Good or not, he wasn't going any sooner than the mid-2nd round at best.

Think, if they really wanted Manuel, they could have done SO MANY THINGS with that first round pick. They could have traded down again and gotten more picks. They could have gotten a future weapon in Tyler Eifert or Justin Hunter. They could have gotten a blue-chip DT in Sharrif Floyd who inexplicably dropped to the 20's. They could have gotten Desmond Trufant, or Bjoern Werner or Datone Jones or Eddie Lacy or Matt Elam or Alec Ogletree or Cordarrelle Patterson. And yet, they reached WAY FAR and missed out on another contributor.

You only say that because no one told you in August that "Manuel is a 1st Round pick, Manuel is the best QB". What have we heard since August? 'Smith is a 1st round pick" "Barkley might be a 1st round pick"....then later "someone will take Smith because QB needs." If you were told since August "Manuel is the best QB in the draft" and that was drilled in the NFL media, then no one would be all up in arms because Manuel was the first QB off the board.

Unlike us, the NFL scouts don't have to buy into what the media is saying. What if Jacksonville tonight drafts Tyler Bray first? Is that another bad pick because you weren't told in August he's  top notch QB?

Hondo

I am literally going to strangle you Bone. Literally.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Well my mock draft went to shit. I only had:

Tavon Austin @ 8 (before trade)
Star Lotulelei @ 14 to Panthers
Jarvis Jones @ 17 to Steelers
Sylvester Williams @ 28 to Broncos
Matt Elam @ 32 to Ravens

Looking into the upcoming days here is my mock for Philly:

2nd round (35) : QB, Geno Smith - Smith will have a chip on his shoulder and is already better than Foles for THIS offense. I think it'll be intrested what we do after, but if we take Smith we will move Vick/Foles for a quality draft pick THIS draft; (see wildcard)
3rd round (67): TE, Gavin Escobar - The most athletic TE in the draft, Kelly loves this guy, and well use more 2 TE sets and Celek needs help.
4th round (101): WR, Ryan Swope - Steal of the draft, the best WR IMO hands down. Ran one of the fastest 40s (tied with Tavon Austin), no character/injury issues (Patterson, Hunter, Allen), great hands (unlike Patterson), and a great runner.
5th round (135): DB Tyrann Mathieu - Mathieu will fall to the late 4th, early 5th and Chip Kelly likes playmakers, and thats all Mathieu is. His character issues and size will make this pick very realistic, and he'd compete to start from day 1.
7th round (210): C Khaled Holmes - A solid C who Kelly is familiar with, we lack depth at C.
7th round (212): S Ray Ray Armstrong - Guy sat out a year of football from The U, but if he didnt he'd be a top 5 safety. 6'4 powerhouse who will be a unreal steal in the 7th, much like Bryce Brown was last season.
7th round (218): DB Nickell Robey - Another PAC player, tho undersized, play making ability
7th round (239): Athlete Denard Robinson - Again, another playmaker for Kellys offense.

Wildcard:  (I think if they take Geno theyll move picks and grab a second 3rd or 4th rounder): DB, Jonathan Banks (if he falls), S TJ McDonald

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

Such is the price for being brilliant I guess.

Justin

Thank you for making that point for me Bone.