News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 04, 2013, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on February 06, 2013, 03:16:20 PM
He nearly tackled the guy.  Crabtree had no choice but to push off to try and get the man off of him.  It looked as though it was uncatchable because he had a man draped over him and couldn't get to the ball, but I guarantee you, Crabtree would have been able to catch it and keep both feet in.

Good interview with the former VP of Officiating.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/02/05/mike-periera-nfl-super-bowl-47-says-the-referees-made-the-right-call-on-4th-and-goal/

On a side note... Crabtree didn't even make any sort of gesture or plea with the officials that it was pass interference. That's usually a telling sign. No call was the correct call, no doubt about it.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The Laughing Man

Quote from: Jon on February 06, 2013, 03:12:40 PM
Hmmm... I thought it was a good no call on that 4th down play in the end zone.

Both players were engaged with each other and it wasn't until Crabtree pushed off that he made a play at the ball, which I don't think was very catchable. It was a pretty poorly thrown ball by Kaepernick.

All around... I thought it was bad play calling by Harbaugh and Co. on that goalline stand.
What justin p said but idk if the ball would had been catchable. Looked alittle too high

Justin

Quote from: The Laughing Man on February 06, 2013, 04:56:25 PM
What justin p said but idk if the ball would had been catchable. Looked alittle too high

I strongly believe he would have.  Crabtree is around 6'2 and can jump out the building, and not to mention he has some of the best hands in the game behind Megatron and Fitzgerald.

Cory

I back up Jon.....in the super bowl it was a very good no play. That pass woulda been 50/50 at best regardless of the defender, looked too deep for a catchable ball to me.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Looks like the Eagles will be hiring Billy Davis, the Browns LB coach, as defensive coordinator.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on February 06, 2013, 05:21:53 PM
I strongly believe he would have.  Crabtree is around 6'2 and can jump out the building, and not to mention he has some of the best hands in the game behind Megatron and Fitzgerald.

I agree with this. The only reason it was uncatchable was because he was being held. I also saw a non-called holding on the safety play as well.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 07, 2013, 12:03:33 PM
I agree with this. The only reason it was uncatchable was because he was being held. I also saw a non-called holding on the safety play as well.

Holy shit!! That dude was wrapped around the defender's waist and wouldn't let go.  It would have been a safety anyways because it was in the endzone, but it would have saved about 4 or 5 seconds which would have given them the chance for a hail mary.

GM Franchise

Of course. All the no calls went in the Ravens favor at the end of the game.

Cory

Quote from: Jon on February 07, 2013, 11:22:01 AM
Looks like the Eagles will be hiring Billy Davis, the Browns LB coach, as defensive coordinator.

BRUTAL SIGNING, especially when we had Niners AND Ravens LB coaches for interviews. Davis has never had a defence higher than 26th in the league (I believe, 100% never better than 20th). BRUTAL B-R-U-T-A-L

Cory

Jon

Cory

Like im trying my hardest to give this coaching staff a chance, and judge them once the season has begun, but we havent signed one proven winner.

Kelly is a risk, Shurmer & Davis are both questionable signings. Theres just not a lot of proven signings yet. Also looks like Philly is moving to a 3-4...hmmmm. I can smell Te'o being our 1st rounder....we dont have another competent MLB other than Ryans.

GM Franchise

Jon

Quote from: Cory on February 07, 2013, 02:04:32 PM
Like im trying my hardest to give this coaching staff a chance, and judge them once the season has begun, but we havent signed one proven winner.

Kelly is a risk, Shurmer & Davis are both questionable signings. Theres just not a lot of proven signings yet. Also looks like Philly is moving to a 3-4...hmmmm. I can smell Te'o being our 1st rounder....we dont have another competent MLB other than Ryans.

Not sold either Cory... with any of them. Didn't like the Kelly hire... didn't like the OC/DC hires. I hope I'm proven wrong though.