Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2013-14 NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Cory, September 04, 2013, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

After the Beavers lost last Saturday... I just hope the Eagles do us proud Cory.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on September 04, 2013, 01:20:12 PM
After the Beavers lost last Saturday... I just hope the Eagles do us proud Cory.

I do too, but man our run D is VERY suspect, I fear RG3 and Morris have a field day...

....but finally get to see this Chip Kelly offence.

Justin

Quote from: Cory on September 04, 2013, 01:28:12 PM
I do too, but man our run D is VERY suspect, I fear RG3 and Morris have a field day...

....but finally get to see this Chip Kelly offence.

Your fear is legit.  My Redskins are going to pierce your hearts with an tomahawk!

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on September 04, 2013, 01:50:23 PM
Your fear is legit.  My Redskins are going to pierce your hearts with an tomahawk!

Is that what pierced RGIII's knee last season? A Shannahawk?

Cory

Justin

Quote from: Jon on September 04, 2013, 01:54:27 PM
Is that what pierced RGIII's knee last season? A Shannahawk?

I'm willing to give you +1.

But I want +5 when we win.

GM Franchise

Chargers got rid of Norv Turner. Things can only get better after this brilliant move that should've happened three seasons sooner.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

I have a gut feeling tho that the Broncos/Ravens is gonna be a snore fest. Oh well, the worst NFL game is still better than the greatest CFL game.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on September 04, 2013, 09:10:03 PM
Chargers got rid of Norv Turner. Things can only get better after this brilliant move that should've happened three seasons sooner.

No norv doesn't change they fact you have no oline to protect rivers, no reliable running back, no real #1 or 2 wr lack of defense. Chargers are looking at a top 5 pick this year.

Also. Eagles put up 25 on Monday and lose by at least two touchdowns.

Justin

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on September 05, 2013, 01:48:31 PM
No norv doesn't change they fact you have no oline to protect rivers, no reliable running back, no real #1 or 2 wr lack of defense. Chargers are looking at a top 5 pick this year.

Agreed.  Ryan Matthews isn't the answer at RB.  They let VJax walk, their speedster blew out his knee.  Rivers is always running for his life.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on September 05, 2013, 01:48:31 PM

They do have Malcom Floyd and Antonio Gates. Their receiving core is weak because of injuries. Eddie Royal will be a decent slot receiver. Danny Woodhead was a good pick up at RB and will help out with Matthews. O-line is decent. There's worse o-lines out there.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Matt Stone

Quote from: GM Franchise on September 05, 2013, 03:38:46 PM
They do have Malcom Floyd and Antonio Gates. Their receiving core is weak because of injuries. Eddie Royal will be a decent slot receiver. Danny Woodhead was a good pick up at RB and will help out with Matthews. O-line is decent. There's worse o-lines out there.
Just ask Jay Cutler

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on September 05, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Malcom Floyd equals at best a #2 WR you'd want to improve on, he's hasn't played a full year in three years. Gates is on teh decline, he looked bad all last year. Eddie Royal is eh at best. Woodhead is good, but he's not a guy you want to be the best RB in a committee. 

And no, there aren't any worse o-lines out there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43265/179/2013-offensive-line-rankings?pg=3
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-offensive-line-rankings-165300237--nfl.html
http://www.fantasypros.com/2013/07/nfl-offensive-line-rankings/ (Has them at 31)

Can't protect the QB, had a bottom 10 offense last year, had the 6th worst rushing defense, middle of the pack scoring defense. They had alot of needs going into the offseason and I don't understand what people see in Manti Teo. He played behind one of the best DLs in the college, with one of the best NT in the game, then goes against an alabama team that had 3 NFL drafted lineman and he was treated like a redheaded step child. I like the FLuker pick and I like the Allen pick, but they had alot of needs with only 6 picks and one of them was for a QB.

If you're an NFL GM, who on the chargers that isn't a rookie, would you give up more than a third round pick for? Maybe Rivers, but outside of that, not much.

Jon