News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Annoying Video games

Started by Jeff Rivers, July 15, 2008, 02:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

TMNT - Finally beat it last year with an NES emulator so I could save and revert my state every 5 fucking seconds
SMB 1 - It was the only game I had for a *long* time so I got really good at it, could do the whole 199 1 ups trick and get to the boss with dying quite a few times, but never got game over.
SMB 3 - It took a while.  I remember when the game came out.  My neighbor got it and we were playing practically every day till we beat it.  We left the NES paused over night so we wouldn't lose our spot.

The Murph

Why did you start playin an NES game in 1998? Tsk tsk. Get with the times me son lol.

Another game I had lots of issues with playing was the second Link game. I can't remember the name but it came in a gold cartridge (to the younguns a cartridge are the things that Nintendo, and Sega used to release before cds)

What's weird is people talk about having trouble playing SMB and SMB 3 yet I managed to beat it the first time I played, but I suck at games others find so easy. It's crazy how one person can do good in one game and then just be so bad at what many consider an easy game.

Another game that is so fucking hard, probably cause it sucks complete and utter mokey dick, is Contra: Legacy of War for the PS1. I remember getting it for Christmas with the pointless 3-d glasses and playing it 3 times. Never once played it again. The game was so crap it was impossible to beat. I know 4 other people who had it and not one ever came close to finishing it (even with the levels cheat) and each of them were really good gamers.

Dave Johnson

Speaking of PS1, I remember when I was about 5, my mum bought the new Crash Bandicoot game and I cried like a little girl because I died too many times and couldn't pass one level, I gave up for about 2 years and passed it, but it was a great game, when I was 5 it was a very annoying game.

Black Death

Quote from: TheNthDegree on July 19, 2008, 07:28:07 AM
Batman: The Arcade Game for the NES.
I started playing it when I was 8 and I did could not beat it until this year, when I was 18.

Oh remember that ...sunsoft right.  I had a heck of a time for a little while with that. I think it was the Tower lever before the Joker gave me some fits but  finally was able to beat it.   

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

JaceGryphon

Quote from: Matthew Murphy on July 19, 2008, 12:00:48 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. The original game. I still have never came close to finishing that game and I got it when I was like 5. It was just impossible. It made me want to throw my controller through the screen.

Agreed.  I could never get past the first swimming level playing it on the NES.

However, with the help of emulators, years later i was able to get pretty far through the game, but never did beat it.

Draeden

Counterstrike: Source made me angry. REALLY angry. As did Halo3 but I don't talk about that anymore...

Gary

Friday the 13th for NES..i' love to meet anyone who beat this.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

TaNK

Gary, you right. I played that for hours and hours and hours when I was a kid then I bought it off of ebay a couple years ago and played for even more hours and couldn't beat it.

Also, Its not a annoying game but did anybody get annoyed by the clock at the very start of the game in the original Resident EVil?

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

chunkylover

Jet Set Willy for the Commodore 64...

Yes, I have one.

It's impossible :'(

Dave Johnson

Bryan

oh, I have one: Double Dragon. I played the Xbox 360 version.

that's one mean game. though the final battles kinda cool, i'll admit.