News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best Story

Started by Black Death, July 29, 2008, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Now I talk about ending but let talk about story ... what game has the best story overall.   some games that are fun but really the story is crap and then there are game that you wish they make into a movie, ( but you pray they do not because more then likely Uwe Boll is going to direct it )   For me I love Bioware  , one of the best storytellers in games going today

Jade Empire if you played it you know... love the story and the characters in it.  Has any every got the three way with the ladies ... why choose one when you can have both... I did   ;D

Star Wars : KOTOR :  this has be called the sixth sense of the video game world and not to ruin it  but if you play it you saw what was coming but you could not wrap your mind around it untill it happen... I say if you have not played it try it out.   

BioShock: great story and when you get to the office ... it makes you take a long look at the things that you did to get there.

Mass Effect :  Shit , what can I say Bioware hit another home run.  The last three hours you do not want to get up from your seat .

FF7 : Classic storytelling and death that was shocking and made you cry ...admit it when it happen you were like NOOOOOOO!!!!

Gun:  I like the overall story to this game and feel of the game . some cold blooded things happening in this one ,  enjoy it alot

I put up some more later but tell me what were some of the good stories in video games that you like   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Excaligore

Xenogears, hands down, one of the most complex and edgy stories of any videogame. My favorite story of any videogame ever. The translation isn't perfect and it's very dialog heavy but an incredibly original, creative, story deriving aspects from everything from Nietzsche to Star Wars to Soilent Green. Lots of twists and turns and a deep provocative story about the struggle between man and God.

Deus Ex - Very very creative brilliant story. Many say it's the most underrated game ever. I'd say no, it has tons of balancing issues. Still a classic. But, God, the whole secret organizations vying for power gimmick is done perfectly. I really enjoyed the story behind this game. It's so unique. You can tell it's very well studied and thought out. Written with realistic images of real conspiracies.

Metal Gear Solid Series - Hideo Kojima's overly complex extremely genius work of brilliance. Albeit 2 was hit and miss and 3 was sort of low key(Storywise only. Well, for the series it was more into itself less risks. Still brilliantly written.). Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the most exciting games I've ever played and Metal Gear Solid is one of the best of all time. Very hard for the average fan to get into. But, God, If you really pay attention you're in for a treat. Deep and philosophical pulling out a wide array of inspirations.

Full Throttle - Tim Schafer is the most creative, funny, and brilliant writer in the history of videogames. A classic from him. All that needs to be said.

Grim Fandango -Tim Schafer is the most creative, funny, and brilliant writer in the history of videogames. A classic from him. All that needs to be said.

Psychonauts -Tim Schafer is the most creative, funny, and brilliant writer in the history of videogames. A classic from him. All that needs to be said.

Black Death

Quote from: Excaligore on July 29, 2008, 10:34:23 PM

Grim Fandango -Tim Schafer is the most creative, funny, and brilliant writer in the history of videogames. A classic from him. All that needs to be said.

I forgot about Grim Fandango ...love that and can not forget the classic Monkey Island Series form Lucasarts, Funny and great to play.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TheNthDegree

Storywise, I am totally with you on all 3 Bioware epics - KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect. Have all 3 for my PC and still routinely play them.
And Xenogears too. My mind HURT with all of Xenogears.

Chrono Trigger has an AMAZING story. I might still be a bit biased cause I played the game when I was a small kid so it seemed much more imaginative and rich to me then, but it still always gets a hold on me now.

Gary

Ill go with Final Fantasy 7, first game I really got into cause of the storyline. Before that I was a regular gamer, after that if the story sucks I rarely like it.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Judge

Goldferg

Secret of Mana - Not the greatest story ever but, compared to other games from the same time period, f'n awesome.

Agreed with the Bioware Holy Trinity (Jade Empire, KotOR, Mass Effect), and I'm a toss in the Baldur's Gate franchise to boot (The PC one - the one that goes Baldurs Gate/Baldurs Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast/Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn/Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal) - probably more for D&D fanatics, you can't really go wrong with an epic tale of rising from obscurity to potentially becoming a god.

I'm also a big fan of the Starcraft storyline.

Um... prolly some others as well, but i forget what.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

The Murph

FF7 It's the only rpg I actually paid long enough attention to finish. And then played numerous other times lol. This is the greatest game ever.