News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Albany and Philly aren't impossible for me, it'll depend on the price, I'm on vacation that week anyway.

Black Death

hoping for a west coast swing in the future
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

The TeeJ of Philly

Caught up on the last couple shows. Rhyno and Zayn was great and I've liked Riley stince he started on the second season of NXT. I hate Dana Brooke's voice.

Also, Graves has turned into quite the Lawler-lite, and I really enjoy it. Loved his "Becky called me a hipster, and I almost spilled my craft beer!" line during Lynch's entrance in the triple threat match, which was great.

I'm hoping some of these live shows turn into tv tapings, because I'm starting to get annoyed by the crowd. It's still great, but I don't know, sometimes their chanting is annoying. Like "better than the divas" chant is stupid, because they're labeled as NXT Divas. They're like the bizarro TNA taping crowd. Instead of being uninterested and slow reacting, if at all. Everything that is done is treated like it's amazing. I swear, I saw Zayn pick his trucks out of his ass and the crowd went crazy.

But that dive to the outside into security + Owens, I thought that was awesome as hell.

And I fully expect myself to buy tickets when the pre-sale for the Philly date opens up.

Fnord

Coverage of Triple H's media conference to promote tomorrow's NXT Takeover: Unstoppable.

* Triple H apologizes for his voice and says "with a nose like mine, changing allergy zones three times" is a bad thing.

* HHH puts over Charlotte and Sasha Banks headlining an NXT live event last week. He wants them to change the perception of what women do in the industry.

* The NXT tours will continue. He's looking at festival touring and some international shows as well. He wants NXT to be a full brand by next year.

* HHH thanked ESPN and Jeremy Schapp. He said he hopes that they can work together more, or produce more of those for the Network.

* Sami Zayn has been cleared, an will compete.

* HHH thinks Becky/Sasha could steal the show.

* Matt Bloom has been promoted to permanent head coach at NXT. Sara Del Rey is assistant head coach now.

* Sara Del Rey is still working as a road agent as well.

* He already considers NXT an additional brand. He wants to find what's best suited for NXT. Things that work on the main roster may not work in NXT.

* Triple H wants NXT on the road 3 days a week by 2016. He wants NXT to have a two-tour function eventually. He doesn't want to lose the homegrown fans in Flordia, either.

* Triple H doesn't care if someone has indy experience or not, but having experience helps.

* He doesn't know if NXT will become a cable TV show. He's happy where they are on the WWE Network. Triple H sees NXT as a selling point for the Network, too.

* Hideo Itami will be represented, but will not be wrestling tomorrow night.

* While NXT is a third brand, it's still there to get people ready for the main roster, Triple H says. He says the best problem he can have is Vince calling him in the middle of a hot angle and asking for that star.

* Triple H says that there are several talents in NXT ready for the main roster, but there aren't spots for them, or else they'd be there.

* HHH says WWE developmental is a young man's game. He says it takes a while for them to get talent up to speed.

* Triple H says he likes Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate. He says he's not trying to make NXT a direct competition to them. He wants to make the best roster that he can. He thinks if NXT's business grows, so will RoH's. He said he'd love to help support ROH and grow.

* Triple H says there are talents that said they turned down NXT deals for ROH. He says they haven't spoken to those talents on any level.

* Triple H says he wanted to make NXT an individual brand from day 1, but didn't tell anyone that.

* Triple H thinks Samoa Joe is a phenomenal talent. Says he was at the performance center a month or two ago. He doesn't know if they'll do business. He said they only spoke for about five minutes, and it was mostly pleasantries.

* He says there are plenty of talents that won't make it on the main roster, and gimmicks that won't work on the main roster.

* Vince McMahon doesn't see all of NXT. Triple H shows him bits and pieces.

* HHH doesn't see Cena going anywhere. He thinks it's great that Cena is confident enough to give younger stars a time to shine. Time pushes people to move to different roles.

* Someone asks about Emma. Triple H says it's more than possible for her to get back in the title picture.

* Triple H says Vince McMahon was blown away by the NXT show WrestleMania weekend. Triple H didn't know Vince would be there until last minute. McMahon messaged him and said he'd be there. Triple H said that several WWE executives came and were impressed, and wanted to do more with it.

* Triple H puts over the progress of Sami Zayn working without a mask and Baron Corbin.

* There aren't plans of an all-female NXT show or special, but it could happen.

* Nothing in NXT was by accident. He had a vision for this.

* The majority of the fans dictate what they do.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

The TeeJ of Philly

That ROH bit makes me all giddy. Having a mid level guy like axel show up on ROH and have a good match with someone like Cole that Cole wins, from a visual standpoint, would help everyone. Axel works a different crowd, Cole looks like a true champ over a WWE guy.

I was just watching one of ECWs early ppvs I think November to remember 97 and seeing Mabel come down and Spike "giant killer" Dudley stand tall over him, made spike look even bigger.

Rob

WWE help ROH... ROH grows, the talent pool they can pick from grows, win/win. WWE has already been incredibly fruitful with basically every single guy they've got from there.

Also with the Samoa Joe thing, for some reason I take it with a pinch of salt. Smoke and mirrors maybe?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Doug E Fresh

[spoiler]Samoa Joe debuted in NXT tonight.[/spoiler]

BamBamBunglow

AMAGAD AMAGAD AMAGAD!

*still marking out*

Black Death

FUCKING AWESOME!!!

That how you end a show

NXT hit it out of the park  ... again

Watch this show right now ... that all I got to say
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

¿PapaPancho?

I don't know what it is about Kevin Owens ... outside of a ring standing around I can only focus on his big ass belly.  But in a ring he can work hard and I believe him.  But I can't seem to erase the image and feeling I have of him outside of the ring.  I guess I now understand all those Rey Mysterio haters who hated on height alone.

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on May 21, 2015, 04:27:53 AM
I don't know what it is about Kevin Owens ... outside of a ring standing around I can only focus on his big ass belly.  But in a ring he can work hard and I believe him.  But I can't seem to erase the image and feeling I have of him outside of the ring.  I guess I now understand all those Rey Mysterio haters who hated on height alone.

LOL! I get what you mean. When he walked down the ramp to meet Cena on RAW I was like "Whooooa that's a hell of a belly, Kev!"

Makes him feel a bit more real to me - bit more like a bar brawler/ass kicker than a chiseled adonis body type.

I will say though, he needs to change his boots & shorts - they're make his legs look far too skinny. He looks like an easter egg on top of a pair of matchmakers.

Fnord

Samoa Joe, who debuted for WWE at last night's NXT Takeover: Unstoppable event, is expected to work tonight's NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University. Joe has indeed agreed on a deal with WWE to work NXT and the effort to bring Joe in was spearheaded by Triple H.

For the time being, Joe will continue to work existing and future indie dates. Joe will still be working the JT Lightning Memorial Tournament this weekend in Cleveland. The deal also included merchandise, as noted earlier.

The deal could grow into a full WWE-exclusive deal but as of last night, it's believed Joe has not signed an exclusive deal, according to PWInsider. This is a new type of deal for WWE but they clearly thought Joe was someone that they could try this out with.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Drama Queen

Since we kind of thought he might turn up eventually anyway, I was actually more surprised to see the mountain there as Stephanie's guest. Anything behind that?

Also these specials just get better and better. The main event was booked and executed amazingly.... But Sasha and Becky stole the show for me. It was the only match I found genuinely unpredictable until almost up to the end.

¿PapaPancho?

Also love Becky Lynch's new look ... but Sasha is still my bae

Rob

Thats the thing with KO... The fact he is a tub of jelly and he can still pull off the moves he does makes it even more entertaining t watch in my opinion
SixersEagles

[/center]